No more AL West weaklings to bully...

Jet/BosoxFan

...its back to reality for this year's version of the biggest choke artists ever assembled, the 2005 New York Yankees.

Welcome back to Earth, Yankee fans. Mussina sh*t the bed again. (yawn.) The Yankees lost a game they should won again (yawn.) And Giamboo took whatever momentum he had built up and p*ssed it away in the biggest spot of the year thus far.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

back to baseball reality, this is the season where you aint gonna be looking over your shoulder at the Sox and Orioles, you'll be looking up at 'em!!!

...its back to reality for this year's version of the biggest choke artists ever assembled, the 2005 New York Yankees.

Welcome back to Earth, Yankee fans. Mussina sh*t the bed again. (yawn.) The Yankees lost a game they should won again (yawn.) And Giamboo took whatever momentum he had built up and p*ssed it away in the biggest spot of the year thus far.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

back to baseball reality, this is the season where you aint gonna be looking over your shoulder at the Sox and Orioles, you'll be looking up at 'em!!!

:roll: This coming from a guy whose team just lost 4-6 to those weaklings.

Very Very Weak.

All I keep hearing about is some phoney bologna 10-game win streak against the softest schedule possible, Oakland and Seattle, and how the Yankees are back and blah blah blah...

Now they have no more awful teams to beat up on and all they have to show for their 10-game win streak is a .500 record and a tie for 3rd place with lowly Toronto!

Big F'n deal!!! Arent they supposed to be like 10 games up now on the competiton??? And if I told you the Skanks would run off 10-in-a-row, you'd bet the bank that they'd have a first place slot to show for it. This is not the year of the Yankees, how many times do I have to tell you that???

Now they have the new Mets waiting for them to hopefully take every ounce of wind from their falsely inflated sails!

All I keep hearing about is some phoney bologna 10-game win streak against the softest schedule possible, Oakland and Seattle, and how the Yankees are back and blah blah blah...

Now they have no more awful teams to beat up on and all they have to show for their 10-game win streak is a .500 record and a tie for 3rd place with lowly Toronto!

Big F'n deal!!! Arent they supposed to be like 10 games up now on the competiton??? And if I told you the Skanks would run off 10-in-a-row, you'd bet the bank that they'd have a first place slot to show for it. This is not the year of the Yankees, how many times do I have to tell you that???

Now they have the new Mets waiting for them to hopefully take every ounce of wind from their falsely inflated sails!

Yawn.

Yeah, the Mets, whose pitching for them the 1st 2 games of the series again?

Victor Zambrano and Kris Benson

Please.

Oh and then a hurt Pedro

Bring it on. :lol:

Please.

Oh and then a hurt Pedro

Arent they supposed to be like 10 games up now on the competiton???

No, they're supposed to be 10 up on the 2nd rate Sox in September, only Bosox fans lose their minds in May...most Yankee fans don't even look at the standings until after the all star break

Arent they supposed to be like 10 games up now on the competiton???

No, they're supposed to be 10 up on the 2nd rate Sox in September, only Bosox fans lose their minds in May...most Yankee fans don't even look at the standings until after the all star break

Please.

Oh and then a hurt Pedro

Whoa whoa whoa..., lets not be disrespectful here. Who has the higher ERA zambrano or brown? BROWN!

Benson v. Johnson?

ERA 4.91 Benson v. Johnson 3.71

Pedro v Pavano

3.38 era Pedro and Pavano 4.00 era...

This matchup is way closer than it looks.

By pure ERA...the mets win 2 of 3. Intangibles may change the outcome..

LL

Please.

Oh and then a hurt Pedro

Whoa whoa whoa..., lets not be disrespectful here. Who has the higher ERA zambrano or brown? BROWN!

Benson v. Johnson?

Pedro v Pavano

LL

wow, I think it's great that so many people can access this site but perhaps the mods can come up with a test of some kind that pits a members book smarts against their common sense to figure out what grade/reading level a poster must use in order for all to understand.

Yankee fans dont look at the standings until after the break because before the break you can get mediocre team that has a few good weeks, or a great team with a few bad weeks, that can skew the standings. After 70-85 games this tends to work itself out. If not by then, definitely by seasons end.

Was that easy enough?

wow, I think it's great that so many people can access this site but perhaps the mods can come up with a test of some kind that pits a members book smarts against their common sense to figure out what grade/reading level a poster must use in order for all to understand.

Yankee fans dont look at the standings until after the break because before the break you can get mediocre team that has a few good weeks, or a great team with a few bad weeks, that can skew the standings. After 70-85 games this tends to work itself out. If not by then, definitely by seasons end.

Was that easy enough?

Benson v. Johnson?

Pedro v Pavano

LL

Uhhhh, DH [-X

Benson v. Johnson?

Pedro v Pavano

LL

Uhhhh, DH [-X

Question: Well, if the case were indeed like you say and Yankee fans only really cared about winning 11 games in October...then why the hell are the resident JN.com Yankee fans so geeked about a 10-game winning streak against a bunch of (Suzuki excluded) AA players???

Answer: Because they do care about the regular season and youre a d!ckhole.

Sidenote: the New Mets match up very well with the ahem..."New" Yankees, in case you didnt notice

Question: Well, if the case were indeed like you say and Yankee fans only really cared about winning 11 games in October...then why the hell are the resident JN.com Yankee fans so geeked about a 10-game winning streak against a bunch of (Suzuki excluded) AA players???

Answer: Because they do care about the regular season and youre a d!ckhole.

Sidenote: the New Mets match up very well with the ahem..."New" Yankees, in case you didnt notice

AA players? Do you even bother taking time to look a teams roster before one of your "brilliiant" evaluations?

Do you know who Richie Sexson is? He's the great big tall guy who plays the base that all batters run to immediately after the ball is struck (that would be first base in baseball terms) Yes, well the last time AA Richie played a full healthy season in the majors he was able to hit the ball over the fence 45 times (there's a name for that in baseball too, it's a "home run")

Then there's Randy Winn, another player who took part is smacking the Blowsox around a few days ago which I'm sure you didn't see as it seems you only take the time to watch your team hilights when things are going well. Winn has hit .295 in two of the last three years with 30+ doubles and 20+ SB, yet another "AA" player I take it?

Adrian Beltre...48 HRS and 121 RBIS last season. "AA"? Is he struggling now? Yes. Does that mean the Mariners will be sending him to AA? No.

Bret Boone...59 HR 200 RBI .271 AVG 26 SB over the past two seasons...yet another AA player. How do these guys manage to stay at the MLB level?

Genius

AA players? Do you even bother taking time to look a teams roster before one of your "brilliiant" evaluations?

Do you know who Richie Sexson is? He's the great big tall guy who plays the base that all batters run to immediately after the ball is struck (that would be first base in baseball terms) Yes, well the last time AA Richie played a full healthy season in the majors he was able to hit the ball over the fence 45 times (there's a name for that in baseball too, it's a "home run")

Then there's Randy Winn, another player who took part is smacking the Blowsox around a few days ago which I'm sure you didn't see as it seems you only take the time to watch your team hilights when things are going well. Winn has hit .295 in two of the last three years with 30+ doubles and 20+ SB, yet another "AA" player I take it?

Adrian Beltre...48 HRS and 121 RBIS last season. "AA"? Is he struggling now? Yes. Does that mean the Mariners will be sending him to AA? No.

Bret Boone...59 HR 200 RBI .271 AVG 26 SB over the past two seasons...yet another AA player. How do these guys manage to stay at the MLB level?

Genius

Genius

AFJF...

While I have great respect for our armed forces...I must wonder aloud, do they teach English composition at any level in your training??? Thre must be some kind of general ed. electives you have to take in order to read your flight screens and manuals. And if remedial English isnt offered, thats fine...but I assume you must have had at least an 8th grade English course where they mentioned the "concept" of hyperbole...

No, AFJF, it aint pronounced "hyper-bowl" its Hi-per-bow-lee!!!

Basically, its a writing technique to drive home your point succinctly using extreme exaggeration such as "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" and such. Anyhow...if I were to list the exemplary...oops, sorry AFJF...I mean GOOD...baseball players on the A's & Mariners, my dramatic effect would have been lost.

Let me give you a synopsis of this thread...oops, sorry AFJF...I mean let me dumb it down for you:

The A's suck, the Mariners suck, and the Yankees no longer have those 2 teams to beat up on this year! Happy?

Genius

AFJF...

While I have great respect for our armed forces...I must wonder aloud, do they teach English composition at any level in your training??? Thre must be some kind of general ed. electives you have to take in order to read your flight screens and manuals. And if remedial English isnt offered, thats fine...but I assume you must have had at least an 8th grade English course where they mentioned the "concept" of hyperbole...

No, AFJF, it aint pronounced "hyper-bowl" its Hi-per-bow-lee!!!

Basically, its a writing technique to drive home your point succinctly using extreme exaggeration such as "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" and such. Anyhow...if I were to list the exemplary...oops, sorry AFJF...I mean GOOD...baseball players on the A's & Mariners, my dramatic effect would have been lost.

Let me give you a synopsis of this thread...oops, sorry AFJF...I mean let me dumb it down for you:

The A's suck, the Mariners suck, and the Yankees no longer have those 2 teams to beat up on this year! Happy?

Bosox...I know this is asking for a lot. But don't be an a$$. AirForce answered your post and there is no reason for you to resort to personal attacks.

Don't let the fact that I invited you here give you a false sense of security. AirForceJetFan is a real good poster. I won't send you packing long before I let you get away with that crap here.

You are a smart guy. Keep it to baseball man. Seriously. You don't see any of us making fun of the fact that you failed out of law school and as a result you had to take a low paying job as a teacher. That would be a low blow and we refrain from it. You should do the same.

Bosox...I know this is asking for a lot. But don't be an a$$. AirForce answered your post and there is no reason for you to resort to personal attacks.

Don't let the fact that I invited you here give you a false sense of security. AirForceJetFan is a real good poster. I won't send you packing long before I let you get away with that crap here.

You are a smart guy. Keep it to baseball man. Seriously. You don't see any of us making fun of the fact that you failed out of law school and as a result you had to take a low paying job as a teacher. That would be a low blow and we refrain from it. You should do the same.

Max, chill dude...I only give it if I get it, you know that. Air Force basically called me an idiot and implied I was ignorant. Lets not make it as if AFJF innocently replied to my post with personal degredations and lets not pretend he didnt throw down the gauntlet!

Nevertheless...what you say goes, so here it is, AFJF. I apologize for getting personal. It was yet another error in judgement and I meant nothing by it.

***Let double standard continue: Open season on JBF all day and night, but I must walk a tightrope of censorship and Politcal Correctness when posting about absolutely everyhting!

Archived