Miller Apologizes

JetNation

Justin Miller was arrested Sunday morning in New York City and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault, prompting the Jets to launch their own investigation into the incident, which took place in the Chelsea section of Manhattan.Following his release Sunday evening, Miller issued an apology."I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, th...

More...

The Jets released a statement saying that they have reported the arrest to NFL commisioner Roger Goodell. They also said that they will review all the facts before coming to any conclusions or commenting further. The fact that Miller is a good young player will make it hard for the Jets to cut him, however, a trade is possible, especially with the drafting of Revis. This is the perfect example as to why Tangini loves signing and drafting character guys. Becuase its no fun for any organization to be put in this sort of situation where one of their key players gets in off the field trouble.

The Jets released a statement saying that they have reported the arrest to NFL commisioner Roger Goodell. They also said that they will review all the facts before coming to any conclusions or commenting further. The fact that Miller is a good young player will make it hard for the Jets to cut him, however, a trade is possible, especially with the drafting of Revis. This is the perfect example as to why Tangini loves signing and drafting character guys. Becuase its no fun for any organization to be put in this sort of situation where one of their key players gets in off the field trouble.

welcome aboard and nice post...I'm glad they are mentioning that they will wait on the facts. What kind of trade value would this guy have?

welcome aboard and nice post...I'm glad they are mentioning that they will wait on the facts. What kind of trade value would this guy have?

Thanks for the welcome...looking forward to posting here. Anyway, I think the trade value for Justin Miller woule be probably around a rd 2 or 3 draft pick because he is only 23 yrs old and has already made a pro bowl as a kick returner. He also has average height for a CB and good intangibles, so he can have a very good career if he can somehow turn his athleticism into talent to use as a defender.

Thanks for the welcome...looking forward to posting here. Anyway, I think the trade value for Justin Miller woule be probably around a rd 2 or 3 draft pick because he is only 23 yrs old and has already made a pro bowl as a kick returner. He also has average height for a CB and good intangibles, so he can have a very good career if he can somehow turn his athleticism into talent to use as a defender.

Prior to this incident, I would have agreed with you perhaps, but this little series of events has to hurt his trade value. We picked him up in rd2. I seriously doubt that if the Jets refuse to keep him around other teams will cough up a day 1 pick, especially knowing the Jets have no intention of keeping him. He is what you would call damaged goods; rd 6 or 7 at best I would guess...

Prior to this incident, I would have agreed with you perhaps, but this little series of events has to hurt his trade value. We picked him up in rd2. I seriously doubt that if the Jets refuse to keep him around other teams will cough up a day 1 pick, especially knowing the Jets have no intention of keeping him. He is what you would call damaged goods; rd 6 or 7 at best I would guess...

If it is rds 6 or 7 at best, the Jets should definately keep him and attempt to groom him themselves. I personally think we can get a little bit higher for JM because of the tremendous potential he offers, but I still don't know if I would get rid of him so fast.

Justin Miller is still 50/50 on whether he will be on the Jets' roster by September 9th.

He could be traded or released or he could be back with the team for '07 and if he stays out of trouble will be back in '08 as well. We shall see what punishment, if any, Goodell gives him. Keep in mind, he hasn't done anything since he was in the league. His prior bad moves come in his 3 years at Clemson.

Something is to be said though. What is with these players staying out past 3am seemingly every night of the offseason? What is so much fun at 3, 4 am that can't happen between 12-2am? There is no need to be clubbin' at 4am when you're making millions and need to stay out of trouble or else you will lose some of those millions.

Justin Miller is still 50/50 on whether he will be on the Jets' roster by September 9th.

He could be traded or released or he could be back with the team for '07 and if he stays out of trouble will be back in '08 as well. We shall see what punishment, if any, Goodell gives him. Keep in mind, he hasn't done anything since he was in the league. His prior bad moves come in his 3 years at Clemson.

Something is to be said though. What is with these players staying out past 3am seemingly every night of the offseason? What is so much fun at 3, 4 am that can't happen between 12-2am? There is no need to be clubbin' at 4am when you're making millions and need to stay out of trouble or else you will lose some of those millions.

Justin Miller will certainly be punished somehow, if not by the league then by the Jets. The question is, are the Jets willing to keep him and punish him or just trade him. I think just about everyone agrees it would be stupid to release him.

I don't think the Jets will cut him outright.

I do think though that if he pleads no contest or not guilty then the Jets will probably step up and suspend him for the first four games of the season.

Mangini will be all over this and will dish out punishment before the NFL does.