Draft Lottery

Gainzo

I'm not a fan of the way the NBA has the ping-pong balls to determine who gets the 1st pick.

The Celtics were screwed in '97 when they received picks 3 & 6 and the Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan.

I heard today that only 5 or 6 teams who finished dead last have ended up with the 1st pick since the NBA instituted this ridiculous system.

I'm just hoping the Celtics get pick 1 or 2. If not I may just jump of a bridge!

I'm not a fan of the way the NBA has the ping-pong balls to determine who gets the 1st pick.

The Celtics were screwed in '97 when they received picks 3 & 6 and the Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan.

I heard today that only 5 or 6 teams who finished dead last have ended up with the 1st pick since the NBA instituted this ridiculous system.

I'm just hoping the Celtics get pick 1 or 2. If not I may just jump of a bridge!

Well unfortunately I hope you ended up taking a dive off the Brooklyn Bridge because their is no way I want Oden or Durant facing my Knicks that often and I hope we dont get a top 3 and have to give it to Chi

YES I CALLED IT...CELTICS DONT GET SQUAT AND THE KNICKS DIDNT GIVE UP ODEN OR DURANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The Bulls would like to thank you for giving them a #9 pick... for Curry... a guy who cant play D and has a heart condition... lol

The Bulls would like to thank you for giving them a #9 pick... for Curry... a guy who cant play D and has a heart condition... lol

You mean for taking their low post presence which they sorely needed against the Pistons, and the heart condition that was really solved by BETTER CONDITIONING, no problem maybe yall can use the pick on Hibbert you know us Knicks fans have alot of love for GTown Centers, oh and for the record that should e the last time you say something like that as it is one of the lamest arguments in sports...while we already have our product in Curry, the Bulls are still fishing for theirs.

You mean for taking their low post presence which they sorely needed against the Pistons, and the heart condition that was really solved by BETTER CONDITIONING, no problem maybe yall can use the pick on Hibbert you know us Knicks fans have alot of love for GTown Centers, oh and for the record that should e the last time you say something like that as it is one of the lamest arguments in sports...while we already have our product in Curry, the Bulls are still fishing for theirs.

Too bad he cant play defense...

Too bad he cant play defense...

Yeah Chi did do a poor job of teaching him the fundamentals I am glad he is only 24 and his D is improving if you have been watching him play, but that was a weak comeback again but use it as much as you can because I dont think you will be able to say that for long either.

I think Atl would have been better off not getting the 3rd pick and paying off Phx with the the 4th pick this year and taking a big man with the pick they got from the pacers...then prepping for the lottery next year...the 3rd pick in this draft is like sloppy thirds

:smilies2_puke:

The lottery this year turned out to be a complete JOKE.

1. Portland

2. Seattle

3. Atlanta

4. Milwaukee

5. Boston

I don't see Portland taking Oden with Aldridge in house, more likely they'll go Durant and team him up with Randolf at F with Roy & Jack at G.

Seattle will go Oden then at 2...

ATL & MIL, who knows but if Yi Ji is there at 5, he might go to Boston.

1. Portland

2. Seattle

3. Atlanta

4. Milwaukee

5. Boston

I don't see Portland taking Oden with Aldridge in house, more likely they'll go Durant and team him up with Randolf at F with Roy & Jack at G.

I dont see how Portland can not take him...didnt Aldrigde get hurt last year I would move him to the 4 or trade him...Oden is an East Coast Center playing in the West he will Dominate most nights lilke Shaq did and Yao does.

Hey frontrunner, you're not getting anyone good at the #9 pick. After Oden and Durant this is one of the weakest drafts ever. Tyrus Thomas will turn out to be an ok 6'9 role player but those are a dime a dozen in the nba. Centers with post-up game that average 19 points and 6 rebounds a game are much more valuable.

Have fun with scrubs like Spencer Hawes, Tiago Splitter or that guy from China who probably sucks.

1. Portland

2. Seattle

3. Atlanta

4. Milwaukee

5. Boston

I agree with you that NBA needs to change how it does the draft. The lottery is an absolute joke. Celts and Grizzlies were clearly the two worst teams in the league last year and they should be getting Oden and Durant.

However I disagree with Portland taking Oden over Durant. While I think Kevin Durant is right now the better player and a lock to win rookie of the year next season talented 7 footers are much harder to find. Oden could become the next dominant big man in the nba. (Hopefully not the next Sam Bowie though!)

Nevermind he doesnt want the opportunity to play with Chi either and decided to go back to school.

Yeah Chi did do a poor job of teaching him the fundamentals I am glad he is only 24 and his D is improving if you have been watching him play, but that was a weak comeback again but use it as much as you can because I dont think you will be able to say that for long either.

:rl::rl:

Yeah... one of the best defensive teams in the NBA didnt teach him defense... :sign0090:

He is a lazy slob... I never liked him and Im glad he is gone.

Let me start out by saying that I don't really follow this sport too much. But this draft lottery is a complete joke. The western division has been dominant for years, and now the first two picks go to western teams? Please. The NBA is more lop-sided than the NFL was in the NFC-dominant 80's-90's stretch.

Let me start out by saying that I don't really follow this sport too much. But this draft lottery is a complete joke. The western division has been dominant for years, and now the first two picks go to western teams? Please. The NBA is more lop-sided than the NFL was in the NFC-dominant 80's-90's stretch.

I think its good in theory... it prevents the "middle of the pack" teams from staying there... but it surely hasnt worked out properly yet...

Have fun with the 9th overall pick.. you can keep it Chicago.

If Corey Brewer is there at 9 though, I will be major league PISSED. Would've loved to see him stay in Orange & Blue.

:rl::rl:

Yeah... one of the best defensive teams in the NBA didnt teach him defense... :sign0090:

He is a lazy slob... I never liked him and Im glad he is gone.

Ok so i take it you are a Chi fan cool...then you would also know that when they had Curry his role was only to put points in the basket since he got there along with Jamal Craw i might add...because they drafted the so called twin towers with Chandler who was responsible for anchoring the defense and rebounding, and lazy yeah i guess he wouldl be considered lazy since the most they ever played him was in his second year and then it was for only 29 minutes a game...they did a poor job of developing him and most that really follow the sport would agree not every management style works for every player, i am not making excuses for him because i do think he needs to be more agressive and passionate about his game, but he came straight out of high school at 7 ft 300 lbs of course he defensive skills lacked because now he had to play people his height and stronger than him much different than whe the only competition you see is at bball camps...Curb usually you make some sound arguments/points but your banter on this topic leaves a bit to be desired

serves them right for tanking.

Whatever mate.

They didn't tank. Look at what they did in April with Pierce and Szerbiak on ice with injuries.

They played hard and were in many close games.

Ok so i take it you are a Chi fan cool...then you would also know that when they had Curry his role was only to put points in the basket since he got there along with Jamal Craw i might add...because they drafted the so called twin towers with Chandler who was responsible for anchoring the defense and rebounding, and lazy yeah i guess he wouldl be considered lazy since the most they ever played him was in his second year and then it was for only 29 minutes a game...they did a poor job of developing him and most that really follow the sport would agree not every management style works for every player, i am not making excuses for him because i do think he needs to be more agressive and passionate about his game, but he came straight out of high school at 7 ft 300 lbs of course he defensive skills lacked because now he had to play people his height and stronger than him much different than whe the only competition you see is at bball camps...Curb usually you make some sound arguments/points but your banter on this topic leaves a bit to be desired

Its a little to obvious I have some bad blood with Curry.... :lol:

I still think the Bulls got the good end of the Trade.... but this draft will tell the story...

Archived