Teddy Bruschi

Patsluva31

Jon, I know this is outside of your experience, but JetLuvva is a WOMAN. I know, I know, now you have no use for her. No worries, Jon. I'll take care of it. (coughHomo).

Anyway, JetLuvva, Bruschi had stroke-like symptoms, and word is that Bruschi wants any released info limited to what he, himself puts out, so info hasn't come out as fast as people would like. Jon is right, though. It doesn't look good right now.

Ive always been a pats fan (since i was a little girl)watched the games even when they werent playing that well. I havent jumped on any bandwagon and will continue to be a fan no matter what, good or bad!. Remember my motto, TomShane, If you dont like it you can just _____ it!

Ive always been a pats fan (since i was a little girl)watched the games even when they werent playing that well. I havent jumped on any bandwagon and will continue to be a fan no matter what, good or bad!. Remember my motto, TomShane, If you dont like it you can just _____ it!

Is that your way of getting me to do you? You charmer you!

Yeah, "Patsluva" is posting a Bruschi question on a Jest board.....yah, you sure are a Patsluva.... :roll: Just like Flatsie Patise ISN'T someone who already posts here as someone else.... :lol: :wink:

Tedy Bruschi is at home and recovering. He has been sighted at Gillette several times.

Now, take this for what it is worth ('cause we all know how stories get twisted.....) but my cousin's best friend's girlfriend (I know, I know :roll: ) says that the full story has the cause of Bruschi's stroke a small "hole" that was found on his heart, near his heart....something like that. If so, his playing days are over. I suspect they would be over regardless. I just want him to live a long life and be a father and husband to his very young family. As I said before, Coach Bruschi has great ring to it.

It was a legitimate question, Im a new englander and a big Pats fan, and havent heard much on the news or in the newspaper about whats been going on with Teddy and so I figured, why not ask since I figured someone would know. Anyway I DID post it in the New York Jets/NFL talk Forum which I thought included all teams, not just the Jets.

Even though Bruschi is a patriot, you have to admire his love for his team and game. The guy is a warrior, he plays his heart out and gives 100%. As a fellow human being with a family, I hope that he resolves his medical problems because no child should grow up with out a father.

As far as football, it all depends on what type of damage was caused by the stroke or if he had heart damage like Garb had mentioned. That hole in the heart thing sounds like a sideeffect from fen-phen...remember that craze of a few years back!?!?

LL

I had the luck to meet Teddy and for the few minutes that I talked to him, I gathered that not only was he an awesome player, but a really nice guy. I'll miss watching him play and the excitement that he brought to the game. Thanks for sharing the info about whats going on with him.

Im now off to TomShanes favorite store,Walmart. Dont be jealous Tom, you know you wanna come.

Dont be jealous Tom, you know you wanna come.

In my Moderating 101 handbook it says that lines like this are not allowed.

I am so confused.

I agree about Bruschi though. Class act. One of those guys that you want to hate but you just can't.

Whats going on with him? I have to admit I havent heard much, do you think he'll ever play again? I hope so.

First, there is no need to rush into things.

I am hoping he retires and enjoys his three kids to include a newborn baby.

Last, I would not expect an action on him until June 1st at the earliest and would not be surprised if they IR'd him to give him some more money for service rendered.

The bottomline is his cap friendly contract allows the Patriots to keep him there even if the chances of a return are slim.

First, there is no need to rush into things.

I am hoping he retires and enjoys his three kids to include a newborn baby.

Last, I would not expect an action on him until June 1st at the earliest and would not be surprised if they IR'd him to give him some more money for service rendered.

The bottomline is his cap friendly contract allows the Patriots to keep him there even if the chances of a return are slim.

How many years of NFL service does a player need to have in order to recieve his full pension? 10? In that case, the whole IR scenerio is very much a possibility - giving TB his tenth year of service.

How many years of NFL service does a player need to have in order to recieve his full pension? 10? In that case, the whole IR scenerio is very much a possibility - giving TB his tenth year of service.

I would think he would have met that requirement by now.

Well, this sounds like a bunch of hoey, damage control, McNabb-butt-kissin' to me:

The Philadelphia Enquirer reported on Monday that it was a hit by linebacker Tedy Bruschi that left quarterback Donovan McNabb gasping for air at a time when the Eagles were attempting to go into their hurry-up offense during their Super Bowl XXXIX loss to the New England Patriots. Two sources told the newspaper that McNabb said he was hit in the back by Bruschi as he fell forward during a broken play on which he unexpectedly received the snap from center Hank Fraley. The Enquirer also reported that after completing a first down pass to Freddie Mitchell, he motioned for his teammates to quickly get up to the line of scrimmage. But as he was calling the play at the line, he reportedly began to gasp and had to motion his teammates back to the huddle, where video of the game clearly shows him violently coughing.

Well, this sounds like a bunch of hoey, damage control, McNabb-butt-kissin' to me:

The Philadelphia Enquirer reported on Monday that it was a hit by linebacker Tedy Bruschi that left quarterback Donovan McNabb gasping for air at a time when the Eagles were attempting to go into their hurry-up offense during their Super Bowl XXXIX loss to the New England Patriots. Two sources told the newspaper that McNabb said he was hit in the back by Bruschi as he fell forward during a broken play on which he unexpectedly received the snap from center Hank Fraley. The Enquirer also reported that after completing a first down pass to Freddie Mitchell, he motioned for his teammates to quickly get up to the line of scrimmage. But as he was calling the play at the line, he reportedly began to gasp and had to motion his teammates back to the huddle, where video of the game clearly shows him violently coughing.

This whole McNabb-puking thing is embarrassing. First McKnuckleball embarrasses his teammates by claiming he wasn't puking after they said he was (clearly trying to cover for him) then McChoke tries to say he's too tough to be rattled. What is it, McIntercepted?

Yeah, "Patsluva" is posting a Bruschi question on a Jest board.....yah, you sure are a Patsluva.... :roll:

cmon Garb the man knows where the smartest fans in the world are - heck that includes you - the only good information one can get at a PATS site is how to kiss people's asses :lol:

the problem with "coach bruschi" is that these guys have high blood pressure and heart attack risk (see Donnie Henderson) - he'll likely be a ribbon cutter rah rah type but not too hard... even coaching could be out of the picture.

here's a q. - if he's done, and there's no ramifications re: pension vs. years served, why couldn't they just cut him, save whatever cap space they save, and pay him as a scout, or mascot or whatever?

here's a q. - if he's done, and there's no ramifications re: pension vs. years served, why couldn't they just cut him, save whatever cap space they save, and pay him as a scout, or mascot or whatever?

Because at the moment, we don't know if he's playing or not. There's no decision to make if there's no decision. I think that's a Yogi-ism. :lol:

Putting what P4E said aside and I am of the belief he is done, it is cheaper to keep him.

If he is cut now, he will give the Patriots a 2.6 million cap hit. If they cut him after June 1st, his cap hit in 2005 and 2006 will be 800+K and 1.7+ million over the next two seasons.

If the Patriots decide to give him a year and then make a decison, his cost is only 1.7 million this year and then he could be cut after June 1st 2006 for an 800K hit for 2006 and 2007.

In the grand scheme of things, the Patriots can wait as long as they want because his cap hit is not that much.

I know football is a business....and no one epitomizes that more than Coach Belichick. But, c'mon fellas!!! The Patriots WILL DO the right thing by Bruschi. They will do whatever it takes to maximize his earning potential. I have no doubt. They did so for Robert Edwards...and no offense, Edwards is no Bruschi.

Now, on to Troy Brown. Another case of blood, sweat and tears making this team what it is. Troy Brown deserves to be a Pat forever. I don't care what it takes.

This whole McNabb-puking thing is embarrassing. First McKnuckleball embarrasses his teammates by claiming he wasn't puking after they said he was (clearly trying to cover for him) then McChoke tries to say he's too tough to be rattled. What is it, McIntercepted?

Just goes to show you DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ..unless its a JETNATION :roll:

I know football is a business....and no epitomizes that more than Coach Belichick. But, c'mon fellas!!! The Patriots WILL DO the right thing by Bruschi. They will do whatever it takes to maximize his earning potential. I have no doubt. They did so for Robert Edwards...and no offense, Edwards is no Bruschi.

Now, on to Troy Brown. Another case of blood, sweat and tears making this team what it is. Troy Brown deserves to be a Pat forever. I don't care what it takes.

I agree with you 100% Garb. The good thing with Bruschi negotiating his contract, is it is so friendly there is no complling reason to cut him.

Archived