Quick Poll

ECURB

Which game looks better...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which game looks better...

dude, the halo franchise rocks, you can not win this argument. I bought the original xbox for the first halo, and as long as it is an xbox game i will be an xbox user.

You gotta admit that the Resistance game looks good compared to Halo3.... Resistance is a launch title that was rushed out... Halo 3 is the 360s crown jewel...

Resistance 2 should be really good...

is that a WWII soldier fighting an alien? Who cares how it looks, the concept sucks.

I dont like either concept to be honest... 90% of the people who like those games are still is gradeschool... but they sell... so...

Resistance hit 1 million sold faster than ANY 360 launch title.

You gotta admit that the Resistance game looks good compared to Halo3.... Resistance is a launch title that was rushed out... Halo 3 is the 360s crown jewel...

Resistance 2 should be really good...

Resistance is terrible, I have it. Gears of War and both Halo's are much better.

is that a WWII soldier fighting an alien? Who cares how it looks, the concept sucks.

Yup, take wwII era soldiers, throw in some vehicles and stuff that is way too futuristic for the time, and create some weird virus alien thing and you get a crap game.

And Halo 3 will be even better than those 2...the beta version came out recently and its phenominal.

Exactly! Dude, I am the last person to be a fan of anything MSFT, I genuinely believe there is no real talent there whatsoever and they just can not come up with innovative ideas on their own, but the smartest thing they did for their xbox division was going and buying bungie and rights to Halo when they decided they needed a blockbuster exclusive game. The number one game we play on 360 is halo 2 on xbox live. Xbox live is probably the second best thing about xbox by the way.

Yes xbox live wouldn't be as great a service without Halo 2. My buddy and I play it, along with some Gears Of War but mostly Halo. When the 3rd one launches it is going to be huge. Microsoft has been making us wait though. :(

Im not talking gameplay here guys... based on graphics... which of these two are better....

Its a launch title... vs a 2nd gen game

Not to mention you dont know sh*t about the gameplay becuase you dont have it...

Resistance multiplayer kills GOW and Halo multiplayer...

Resistance allows up to 40 players at once with no lag.

Not to mention you dont know sh*t about the gameplay becuase you dont have it...

Let me tell you something right here, right now mr. sony whore. I enjoy what I have and I don't want a ps3. When will you get it through your skull not everyone wants/has one. Some people prefer sony, some microsoft, some nintendo. Your sony slob knobbing agenda has gotten really old, really fast. I like what I like, and as far as I am concerned its none of your goddamn business because it doesn't pertain to you.

Im not talking gameplay here guys... based on graphics... which of these two are better....

Didn't I saw i have both in my post? Because I do, I own a ps3 and 360, got both at their launches, I am in a perfectly legitimate position to offer an opinion on both since i own both, I am not a homer of either.

Also, you are comparing apples to oranges if that is halo2 screenshot. Halo2 is an original xbox title, resistance is a ps3 title. A true comparison would be a native 360 vs ps3 title comparison.

Didn't I saw i have both in my post? Because I do, I own a ps3 and 360, got both at their launches, I am in a perfectly legitimate position to offer an opinion on both since i own both, I am not a homer of either.

Also, you are comparing apples to oranges if that is halo2 screenshot. Halo2 is an original xbox title, resistance is a ps3 title. A true comparison would be a native 360 vs ps3 title comparison.

That is a Halo3 Beta screen shot.

so you're saying a games only merit is graphics? I don't care about graphics I care about gameplay. A game like fable which has subpar graphics but awesome gameplay is preferable over a pretty game with subpar gameplay

so you're saying a games only merit is graphics? I don't care about graphics I care about gameplay. A game like fable which has subpar graphics but awesome gameplay is preferable over a pretty game with subpar gameplay

I was only comparing graphics in this case... never said it wasnt important... I like the gameplay in resistance... and its the best multiplayer game out there.

Bull$hit buddy, Halo and Gears of War are way better, sorry to break the news to you.

Multiplayer? Your kidding right? Have you played all of them>?

Resistance has up to FORTY... count them FORTY players at once... tons of action... just a sweet game.

Resistance has up to FORTY... count them FORTY players at once... tons of action... just a sweet game.

Doesn't matter...quality over quantity.

Of course if Halo or GOW were made by Sony youd be jizzing all over them.

This really comes down to personal preference i guess, but for me gears is a LOT of fun in multiplayer, I really like the way the game plays with using cover and stuff. More players at once doesn't always mean better. Look at battlefront the star wars game, tons of players online, so-so gameplay. I hear halo3 is gonna be crazy for online play.

This really comes down to personal preference i guess, but for me gears is a LOT of fun in multiplayer, I really like the way the game plays with using cover and stuff. More players at once doesn't always mean better. Look at battlefront the star wars game, tons of players online, so-so gameplay. I hear halo3 is gonna be crazy for online play.

Yes, I agree with all this.

More available players at once does not always equal a better multiplayer experience.

Doesn't matter...quality over quantity.

Of course if Halo or GOW were made by Sony youd be jizzing all over them.

Not really... I have played both of them as well... and I owned a 360...

I think resistance could be better but was great for a launch title and will only get better.

Also I think LAIR is going to be awesome.

dude, the halo franchise rocks, you can not win this argument. I bought the original xbox for the first halo, and as long as it is an xbox game i will be an xbox user.

yeah me too. i had xbox and halo for a while then finally got halo 2 and the warriors..that's it because i got xbox 360 right after the warriors.

yeah me too. i had xbox and halo for a while then finally got halo 2 and the warriors..that's it because i got xbox 360 right after the warriors.

As a big fan of the warriors movie i thought the game was pretty funny, but a bit disappointing.

to be fair you didn't exactly pick a fantastic Halo3 screenshot.

the grass, shadows, water effects are all new additions

JMO Gears of War has the best gameplay of any shooter ever made, that includes Halo2. It's not crazy where you can superjump somewhere across the board or bunnyhop like a fool. the cover system encourages tactics. No respawns during a round, In gears when you die you are dead.

oh and hey Ecrub have you ever played a game with 40 simultanious players? it's madness and not in a good way. More isn't necessarily better.

to be fair you didn't exactly pick a fantastic Halo3 screenshot.

the grass, shadows, water effects are all new additions

Yeah, after this thread yesterday i went and looked at the rest of the screenshots on the halo site, with the dust cloud and blur from the movement of the vehicles it was maybe the worst screenshot of the bunch. There were some that were absolutely outstanding.

JMO Gears of War has the best gameplay of any shooter ever made, that includes Halo2. It's not crazy where you can superjump somewhere across the board or bunnyhop like a fool. the cover system encourages tactics. No respawns during a round, In gears when you die you are dead.

I will agree with you here, Gears is awesome, online multiplayer s great, very tactical but still fast paced and exciting.

I was never trying to prove that the SS on the left was better... just showing how a launch title compares to a game that is going to be the crown jewel for a system...

Everyone keeps trying to bury the PS3... but forgets that most of the game compared graphics wise are ported and not very well....

There have been some great PS3 games already... whether some would like to admit it or not Resistance is one of them... there are over 1 million copies sold faster than ANY 360 launch title... and Oblivion has been tauted as better on the PS3 than the 360... it was originally developed for the 360...

I was never trying to prove that the SS on the left was better... just showing how a launch title compares to a game that is going to be the crown jewel for a system...

Everyone keeps trying to bury the PS3... but forgets that most of the game compared graphics wise are ported and not very well....

There have been some great PS3 games already... whether some would like to admit it or not Resistance is one of them... there are over 1 million copies sold faster than ANY 360 launch title... and Oblivion has been tauted as better on the PS3 than the 360... it was originally developed for the 360...

XBOX360>>>>PS3 just face it...

anyway, do you even/ever own(ed) a PS3 or 360?

XBOX360>>>>PS3 just face it...

anyway, do you even/ever own(ed) a PS3 or 360?

Yes I currently own a PS3 and traded in my 360 to get it.

Microsoft has a good game in Halo...

But sony has Resistance and Killzone to compete with it...

Not to mention games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo... all of wich can sell systems...

Sony is also working on an MMO for the PS Network.

Yes I currently own a PS3 and traded in my 360 to get it.

Microsoft has a good game in Halo...

But sony has Resistance and Killzone to compete with it...

Not to mention games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo... all of wich can sell systems...

Sony is also working on an MMO for the PS Network.

Your one of the few people whom feel that way, and it gets really annoying with you constantly trying to force your opinion onto people, just give it up, PS3 sucks.

and oh yeah, if you invest THAT much time on video games, you need to get a girlfriend or something.

Your one of the few people whom feel that way, and it gets really annoying with you constantly trying to force your opinion onto people, just give it up, PS3 sucks.

and oh yeah, if you invest THAT much time on video games, you need to get a girlfriend or something.

I play maybe 2 hours a week right now... I work 70+ hours a week and spend the rest of the time with my girlfriend of 6 years...

PS3 doesnt suck... the only thing more annoying than me pushing it... is people who dont know about it claiming it sucks...

Lets not forget they also have Socom coming soon... which is exclusive and will be a big hit like the rest were....

Also Ubisoft's new game "Haze" will start out this fall as a PS3 exclusive and launch on the 360 and PC at a later date.... the developers said they wanted to design it on the more powerfull system with more disk space, then work on a toned down DVD version for later.... get used to that... it will be the norm

Pro Evo soccer will have a "special" PS3 version with more features as well do to the extra disk space.

One of the guys making "Haze" a FPS for Ubisoft said this...

"Working on PS3 has allowed us to create vastly superior environments that verge on photorealism - full-screen effects, High Dynamic Range and obscenely complex shaders. Its more challenging than ever before, but the power is greater than anything else that

Archived