Show Your Love for Ice Cream!

MrsTaborJet

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that stuff! Rasberry, orange, lime, mixed. :headbang:

Is there a difference between Sherbet and Sorbet? I have always wanted to know that. :confused:

sorbet

[sor-BAY] French for "sherbet," which Italians call sorbetto. Sorbet is sometimes distinguished from sherbet by the fact that it never contains milk. It's also often a softer consistency than sherbet. Savory or lightly sweetened sorbets are often served either as a palate refresher between courses or as dessert. They're sometimes also called ices or granitas, though both of these mixtures are generally more granular in texture than a sorbet. See also sherbet.

Sherbet has Egg/Milk in it.

*Gasp* You disgust me. :P

yeah.. well i seem to have that affect on many people :rolleyes:;)

I don't know if this counts but I had tropical sherbet earlier tonight and it was freakin great.

as a kid.,... i would get a sugar cone with orange sherbet with choc. sprinkles....

soooo delicious... :o

Häagen-Dazs's varieties of Vanilla Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Dulce de Leche. The wife likes their Black Raspberry Chip and Vanilla Swiss Almond.

http://www.haagendazs.com/products/ice_cream.aspx

"we didn’t think it was possible to improve our original dulce de leche. then we discovered a subtle way to make this delectable Latin American treat even more perfect. enjoy smooth caramel swirls complemented by a hint of cinnamon spice."

spacer.gifspacer.gifpro_cddl_200.gif

There's a place called Ice Cream Cottage not far from my abode. They make their own ice cream. My favorite is a flavor called "Bartman." It's basically just vanilla ice cream with crushed Butterfinger candy bars mixed throughout. It's the bomb!

anyone here been to itally? their ice cream was amazing, i assume it is similar to all european ice creams, they never served it unless it was prepared that day. i haven't been there for 8 years but damn that was good stuff.

Who doesn't like ice cream? Alright some might not... but the majority of folks do.

Do you prefer cup or cone? Certain brand or flavor? Do you have a favorite old-time ice cream shop you frequent?

My all time favorite... Welsh Farms Chocolate Chip Mint... I'll have the whole pint, thank you!

:animal0026:

Give it up... what do you like?

icecreamek5.png

I am right there with ya Mrs T! mint chocolate chip is it for me or black cherry.1.gif

I am right there with ya Mrs T! mint chocolate chip is it for me or black cherry.1.gif

When I lived in Bergen County, I used to get great mint chip in Ridgewood at I think a place called T&W,,

wonder if still there,,it was near a pond I think

I do love the gelato. Growing up in Melbourne, Australia with all of the Italian and Greek immigrants was excellent. We called it Gelati in Melbourne.

I suppose gelati is the plural, but I usually only eat one at a time.

First working me up into a lather over Nutella, and now this!

A lather? I'm so proud! You're in New York, just take the D train (I think that's what they call it, it used to be the B or the W-in any event, the West End Line) to 18th Avenue and 86th Street in Brooklyn and walk the four long blocks down to 14th and hit up Mona Lisa. You can also try Villabate Bakery on 18th around 74th street, but they don't always have it. You can take the the same west end train to 25th Ave and hit up Spumoni Gardens for a half tray of Sicilian first, but then you'll probably just have the spumoni and forget about the gelato.

I love that stuff! Rasberry, orange, lime, mixed. :headbang:

Is there a difference between Sherbet and Sorbet? I have always wanted to know that. :confused:

Sherbert has milk in in it, sorbet doesn't. Granita's pretty damn good, too. Does anyone like cremesicles? God, I hated those things. Reminds me of St. Joseph's baby aspirin.

I suppose gelati is the plural, but I usually only eat one at a time.

A lather? I'm so proud! You're in New York, just take the D train (I think that's what they call it, it used to be the B or the W-in any event, the West End Line) to 18th Avenue and 86th Street in Brooklyn and walk the four long blocks down to 14th and hit up Mona Lisa. You can also try Villabate Bakery on 18th around 74th street, but they don't always have it. You can take the the same west end train to 25th Ave and hit up Spumoni Gardens for a half tray of Sicilian first, but then you'll probably just have the spumoni and forget about the gelato.

Next time I'm in NYC for the weekend, which I will be in a couple of weeks, I'll try to fit that in. :)

Sherbert has milk in in it, sorbet doesn't. Granita's pretty damn good, too. Does anyone like cremesicles? God, I hated those things. Reminds me of St. Joseph's baby aspirin.

So...I like Creamsickles and the Green Pants...guess we're not hooking up.

The question I have to ask here is why did you send max a picture of your junk?

Why not? I've been sending pictures of my junk to everyone I know since I bought my camera phone a few years back!

He told me it was part of the hiring process.
\

In order to be a mod at JN your penis has to be smaller than Max's. The 6 mods you see here now are the only 6 people in the world that fit that particular requirement.

You don't like St. Joseph's baby aspirin? That's un-American! Granita is awesome. The Sicilians will swear only they make good granita and gelato. I was down there for a bit and they may be right. All the food is twice as good and half as expensive down there. Too bad there are no jobs.

Next time I'm in NYC for the weekend, which I will be in a couple of weeks, I'll try to fit that in. :)

It goes better with a trip to Coney Island than NYC. There are probably some good gelato shops in NYC. I know Grom just opened one there-they are some hoity toity joint from Torino. Supposed to be expensive, but beats wasting a couple of hours on the subway for gelato.

Archived