Show Your Love for Ice Cream!

MrsTaborJet

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ouch :lol:

but i know i am funny.. you just dont understand funny as evident by your posts ;)

My mommy thinks Im funny... she always laffs and laffs at my knock-knock jokes.

You think she is just being nice???

Thanks for breaking the bad news to me that my jokes stink... the truth really hurts...

:frown:

As long as you know you're funny, you are just like me, a legend in your own mind.

But I still love ya......

:P

• 2 weeks later...

There's this great little place in Denville, NJ... Mara's Country Desserts and never been until tonight. Had Hazelnut Gelato... first time ever... that **** is awesome! I hear it's less fat then ice cream, if that's true then gelato is my new favorite dessert.

Now I need to go back and try every flavor... not sure how that is going to fit into my diet plans though. Hmmm. :shutit:

Savages! Nothing beats nocciolo and flor di latte gelato in a brioche with panna (whipped cream). If your in Brooklyn, Mona Lisa on 86th and 15th has it, but make sure the brioche is fresh.

Ahhh the breakfast (or lunch or dinner) of champions. You're killing me 27, my favorite is nocciolo with panna (hazelnut with a dollup of heavy cream on top).

Saluti ad Italia (especialmente le donne)!

You don't like St. Joseph's baby aspirin? That's un-American! Granita is awesome. The Sicilians will swear only they make good granita and gelato. I was down there for a bit and they may be right. All the food is twice as good and half as expensive down there. Too bad there are no jobs.

It goes better with a trip to Coney Island than NYC. There are probably some good gelato shops in NYC. I know Grom just opened one there-they are some hoity toity joint from Torino. Supposed to be expensive, but beats wasting a couple of hours on the subway for gelato.

Good (and reasonably priced) gelato in Williamsburgh, Brooklyn at Fortunato Bros. They also have the best cannolis I've ever had in my life (I've had my share and never really cared for them before theirs).

Good (and reasonably priced) gelato in Williamsburgh, Brooklyn at Fortunato Bros. They also have the best cannolis I've ever had in my life (I've had my share and never really cared for them before theirs).

I think somebody from my family brought Fortunato Bros pastries to Christmas Eve once. I can't remember how they tasted, but after all that fish it's hard to even get to dessert. Since Villabate closed down Alba's they are pretty much the main game in Bensonhurst. Villabate has gelato too, but the staff is um...let's say uniquely Sicilian. Can be tough on a busy day if you don't know anybody.

I think somebody from my family brought Fortunato Bros pastries to Christmas Eve once. I can't remember how they tasted, but after all that fish it's hard to even get to dessert. Since Villabate closed down Alba's they are pretty much the main game in Bensonhurst. Villabate has gelato too, but the staff is um...let's say uniquely Sicilian. Can be tough on a busy day if you don't know anybody.

Fortunatos is more Napolitano I believe, same problems though on busy day.

Fortunatos is more Napolitano I believe, same problems though on busy day.

Another thing to get when you're in Brooklyn is the cremolata. There is a place, I think it's on 60th street and New Utrecht Avenue. The bakery is on New Utrecht, but you buy the cremolata and ice cream from the window on the side street. I think it's Savarese. Good stuff. Bad thing is that Bensonhurst is shrinking, like Little Italy before it.

Another thing to get when you're in Brooklyn is the cremolata. There is a place, I think it's on 60th street and New Utrecht Avenue. The bakery is on New Utrecht, but you buy the cremolata and ice cream from the window on the side street. I think it's Savarese. Good stuff. Bad thing is that Bensonhurst is shrinking, like Little Italy before it.

I know Saverese's, excellent place.

And yes, Bensonhurst has seen better times. Now Bay Ridge on the other hand is still doing alright, some good places there. Of course, I can't leave out my own Williamsburgh. Bamonte's (seen on Soprano's occasionally) has probably the most consistently good Italian food in the city. Just good simple quality.

I know Saverese's, excellent place.

And yes, Bensonhurst has seen better times. Now Bay Ridge on the other hand is still doing alright, some good places there. Of course, I can't leave out my own Williamsburgh. Bamonte's (seen on Soprano's occasionally) has probably the most consistently good Italian food in the city. Just good simple quality.

Bamante's is great. One time we went to Peter Luger's and it was on fire. Turned out to be a minor kitchen fire, but we didn't feel like waiting around, so we hit Bamonte's. I had the branzino. Mmm, good times.

• 1 month later...

Apparently today, July 15th, is National Ice Cream Day!

Ice Cream of the Crop

By Vera H-C Chan

Fri, July 06, 2007, 7:05 am PDT

Warm up the metal scoopers. July is doubly delightful thanks to National Ice Cream Month and National Ice Cream Day on July 15. President Ronald Reagan thought the sweet occasion needed the double scoop of emphasis.

Rising dairy prices haven't deterred the buzz on the frozen confection. As for the flavas of love, the International Dairy Foods Association dishes up vanilla, chocolate, neapolitan, strawberry and cookies 'n' cream as the top five.

Searchers crave vanilla, scooping up that flavor at double the rate of chocolate. The cream of the Search crop also includes fresh fruits, rich flavors, and exotic tastes: Since last summer, old-school fruit like pineapple and apple have moved up in our estimation, as have butter pecan and peanut butter. Some regional tastes are acquired, but infusions from other cultures have made coconut, green tea, and ginger must-haves in the parlors.

Other ins and outs since we checked last summer:

Craving more? Satiate yourself with the 25 most-searched flavors this summer.

1. Vanilla
  2. Chocolate
  3. Strawberry
  4. Peach
  5. Banana
  6. Coffee
  7. Green Tea
  8. Coconut
  9. Butter Pecan
  10. Peanut Butter
  11. Lemon
  12. Pineapple
  13. Apple
  14. Ginger
  15. Mango
  16. Mint
  17. Cinnamon
  18. Spumoni
  19. Oreo
  20. Blueberry
  21. Pistachio
  22. Apricot
  23. Custard
  24. Cherry
  25. Cheesecake

• 5 months later...
Who doesn't like ice cream? Alright some might not... but the majority of folks do.

Do you prefer cup or cone? Certain brand or flavor? Do you have a favorite old-time ice cream shop you frequent?

My all time favorite... Welsh Farms Chocolate Chip Mint... I'll have the whole pint, thank you!

:animal0026:

Give it up... what do you like?

better stock up, your grandchildren will only be able to see ice cream in a museum.

Archived