If Jets Players were stock...

Columbia Jet Fan

Who would you buy/sell.

Using the buy low sell high theory I am buying...

Byran Thomas

Mike Nugent

Jerricho Cotchery

KC

David Harris

Chris Baker

Eric Smith

Selling...

Kendall

Ellis

Vilma

Coles

Barton

Justin Miller

The guys Im buying are basically people who I think are up and coming in the new system and will really start to get national attention next year for their performance. I sold Kendall b/c of contract issues, Ellis b/c of age and I think he is a bit overrated in this system. Vilma is still thought of as a top linebacker and I think he still will be in a 4-3, I am just skeptical about his ability in a 3-4 like so many other jet fans. Coles is going to be a year older and he now has Cotch challenging him for balls, which will help our offense, but probably not LC's stats. Barton is just getting older and J mills speaks for itself...

I wouldnt buy any more stock in Pennington and Vilma... but I woudlnt sell them yet... Everyone would have sold Chad last year... and his stock went way up winning CBPOY and such...

I wouldn't sell Vilma yet. I would sell Kimo, Ellis, Barton, and if I could buy another QB from somewhere else, I would sell Chad. Sorry ecurb.

Hey i would have been one of the few "fools" who made money off of Chad last year.... :lol:

Ahh my jets faithful, you must have faith in Vilma, give him until the end of this year to proove his stock, Im telling you its going to be a great year for him with Harris at his side. I really think all the fat has been cut already with the wortless rbs gone...expect Brad Smith to make some magic for himself

I'm still not a huge Bryan Thomas fan. He fits in well with the system, but I'm still not that impressed. He just doesn't seem special to me. I also wasn't sold on Cotchery, but I was wrong. He's proven to be very solid and shown flashes. Thomas has just been solid.

i was with you on the Thomas statement until later in the year. i remember him getting blocked by a full back, BT just reached around him grabbed the RB and pulled them both down. it was a hell of a tackle, i guess that is when i started really liking him.

I would definitely buy Mangold and D-Brick, and Vilma without a doubt. The guy is a young extremely talented playmaking linebacker, no way am I selling him.

Selling Pennington might seem like a good idea but if you buy him you could get a pretty good reward for that.

I would definitely buy Mangold and D-Brick, and Vilma without a doubt. The guy is a young extremely talented playmaking linebacker, no way am I selling him.

Selling Pennington might seem like a good idea but if you buy him you could get a pretty good reward for that.

holy chit...i knew he was good, but wow.

Yes, sell the Pro Bowler. Jeesh, where is your faith?

In Mangini's evaluation of character. Even if the NFL doesnt suspend him I think the Jets will, even if it is for a game or so. The pick up of Revis adds depth and youth to the CB position which he has struggled at. Sure he is a pro bowler, but lets be honest it was at KR and that position is subject to a lot of fluctuation (with rare exceptions). Im selling Miller, while we need a KR a guy who has struggled at his natural position and now has professional legal issues is not someone I want to invest in on a team like the Jets, which prides itself on its character.

Buy:

Kenyon Coleman, B. Thomas, Dbrick K. Rhodes, D-rob, and Justin Miller (explanation later)

Sell: Kendall, Pennington, Ellis and either Barton or Vilma.

Explanation for 'buying' D-rob and JM.

As of now, you could probably get D-rob and JM for pretty inexpensive prices, and given the potential they both have, mine as well give them a shot.

As for my sells... Pennington had the best complete season of his career last year, and the probability that he completes another one is considerably low and he also is going to go up against some tougher defenses than he did last season. Buy low Sell high thats what its all about.

Buy:

Kenyon Coleman, B. Thomas, Dbrick K. Rhodes, D-rob, and Justin Miller (explanation later)

Sell: Kendall, Pennington, Ellis and either Barton or Vilma.

Explanation for 'buying' D-rob and JM.

As of now, you could probably get D-rob and JM for pretty inexpensive prices, and given the potential they both have, mine as well give them a shot.

As for my sells... Pennington had the best complete season of his career last year, and the probability that he completes another one is considerably low and he also is going to go up against some tougher defenses than he did last season. Buy low Sell high thats what its all about.

Kendall might be a sell as a Jet, but a buy as a football player. Good chance he goes somewhere else for more $$, starts and plays well.

There used to be a site that did something like this actually, wallstreetsports.com. I stopped going there because it got boring and I think it's been down for years though. My Jeter and A-Rod stocks did really well, and so did Pavel Bure. But I didn't really diversity or trade a lot right before tallies, so I think the most I ever hit was like top 200 or so. I think being number 1 for a month netted a you a prize, but I don't think I know anyone that ever achieved that.

Buy:

Kellen Clemens

Kerry Rhodes

Jerricho Cotchery

Nick Mangold

Victor Hobson

Andre Dyson

Darrelle Revis

David Harris

Chansi Stuckey

Sell:

Chad Pennington

Jonathan Vilma

Justin McCareins

Eric Barton

Pete Kendall

I'm buying

Chris Baker

Brad Smith

Leon Washington(cause his price has definetly dropped after aquiring TJ)

Kellen Clemmons

Kenyon Coleman

Andre Wadsworth(penny stock worth the buy)

Selling

Pennington

Bryan Thomas(I think last year was what you can expect from him no better)

Dewayne Robertson

Brandon Moore

Eric Coleman

and Pennington again cause him staying healthy last year was an anomoly... Pennington is never going to take us to the next level and fortunate for those who agree with me I don't think theres any shot he stays healthy again for an entire season.

I'm buying

<snip>

Kellen Clemmons

Selling

Pennington

<snip>

and Pennington again cause him staying healthy last year was an anomoly... Pennington is never going to take us to the next level and fortunate for those who agree with me I don't think theres any shot he stays healthy again for an entire season.

Why is it fortunate for those that agree with you? If Clemens is so good and Pennington so bad then why can't Clemens just win the job outright? Requiring an injury to get your job is not a badge of honor. This isn't Wally Pipp and Lou Gehrig.

Why is it fortunate for those that agree with you? If Clemens is so good and Pennington so bad then why can't Clemens just win the job outright? Requiring an injury to get your job is not a badge of honor. This isn't Wally Pipp and Lou Gehrig.

Haha seriously. The only way we as Jets fan will be fortunate is if we have a QB that is Pro Bowl level, and it really doesn't matter what his name is. If it's Chad that is ****ing great, I don't see why we have to hope he gets injured and then hope someone else becomes a Pro Bowl QB, why not skip that injury part?

Archived