Salary cap and other info

StillerPaul

A buddy of mine posted this address at the Steelers board i frequent. I thought it was a good, interesting read and figured i'd pass it on to you guys. Also, there are some other informative links on that page. My apollogies if someone already posted this earlier. I can't get online nearly as often as i used to and only have limited time to catch up. :D

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

A buddy of mine posted this address at the Steelers board i frequent. I thought it was a good, interesting read and figured i'd pass it on to you guys. Also, there are some other informative links on that page. My apollogies if someone already posted this earlier. I can't get online nearly as often as i used to and only have limited time to catch up. :D

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

This is good. We have to keep this on the front page until Monday with BrenJetsfan and Gang Green Girl come back.

It is about time they learned some stuff about the game. It is only fair seeing as how we made Smizzy learn the rules before he became a moderator.

This is good. We have to keep this on the front page until Monday with BrenJetsfan and Gang Green Girl come back.

It is about time they learned some stuff about the game. It is only fair seeing as how we made Smizzy learn the rules before he became a moderator.

... thanks, paul ...

... there definitely is a lot that goes into the thought process of nfl teams with the cap nowadays...

... basically it can leave you high & dry (s.f. 49ers) for a couple years in a row if you try to milk it to make a run at the big dance for a couple of years. ... that being said, you have the options to try to bring all the last pieces to an older dynamic team (pony's with elway) to put all the eggs in one basket to push for the dance...

... for as important as it is ... i am ALWAYS! amazed at the lack of information regarding every little nook & cranny of the cap ...

l_j_r

... thanks, paul ...

... there definitely is a lot that goes into the thought process of nfl teams with the cap nowadays...

... basically it can leave you high & dry (s.f. 49ers) for a couple years in a row if you try to milk it to make a run at the big dance for a couple of years. ... that being said, you have the options to try to bring all the last pieces to an older dynamic team (pony's with elway) to put all the eggs in one basket to push for the dance...

... for as important as it is ... i am ALWAYS! amazed at the lack of information regarding every little nook & cranny of the cap ...

l_j_r

... thanks, paul ...

l_j_r

Great point. My problem is that i can read exactly how it works but within a few days i forget alot of stuff. I put stuff like that in my favorites for future references.

Ya know, i often wish the Steelers would go gung ho in FA and take a chance in trying to win it all, but maybe thats a case of the grass being greener on the other side.

... thanks, paul ...

l_j_r

Great point. My problem is that i can read exactly how it works but within a few days i forget alot of stuff. I put stuff like that in my favorites for future references.

Ya know, i often wish the Steelers would go gung ho in FA and take a chance in trying to win it all, but maybe thats a case of the grass being greener on the other side.

Archived