All-Star Selections?

Jetsfan80

I AINT LETTING THAT ONE SLIP BY. Aint happening! (the Torre thread was started in the lounge btw \:D/ )

**back to my hole**

BTW, just stick to the topic at hand for once, Scott. Clearly jetsfan80 just doesnt know what he's talking this time.

Ahh, you slip in the edit to take a jab at someone. Classy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You forgot....

Carlos Guillen has a .320 BA, a .389 OBP, 36 RBIs, and a .931 OPS

Doesn't look like BY FAR if you ask me...but i guess im being a homer with Carlos Guillen, since im a Tigers fan..

oh wait, im not

How many games is Gullen starting at 1st base though? Seems like quite a few from what I have seen.

(the guy cant play shortstop anymore, he's a liability there)

Also, Guillens fielding percentage is just .953, with 10 errors....but Jeters is only 11 points higher, at .964, with 8 errors. The 3rd and 7th most errors, respectively, in the AL.

You really shouldn't use fieldg pct and errors as a real gauge for the relative worth as a fielder.

You really shouldn't use fieldg pct and errors as a real gauge for the relative worth as a fielder.

Oh i was just giving the stat, since its the only thing i really can show for Guillen getting too old for the position.

How many games is Gullen starting at 1st base though? Seems like quite a few from what I have seen.

(the guy cant play shortstop anymore, he's a liability there)

Leyland puts Guillen at first at times because we really don't have a backup 1st baseman behind starter Sean Casey. Guillen has had some experience at first base so when Leyland takes Casey out of the lineup, Guillen goes in. We no longer have Carlos Pena or Dmitri Young so our options at first are limited. It has nothing to do with any supposed shortcomings at first. He hasn't been a liability at shortstop at all this season. I wouldn't call 11 errors a liability because if your going to use that then Jeter (who's only 3 off) would be one too.

The AL All-Star Roster For The Yankees Fan

J. Damon, CF

D. Jeter, SS

H. Matsui, LF

A. Rodriguez, 3B

J. Posada, C

J. Giambi, DH

B. Abreu, RF

D. Mientkiewicz, 1B

R. Cano, 2B

Of course the only people who say this are people trying to bash Yankee fans. You can do better than that GOB.

Does this "debating" you speak of have to occur while at the same time disrespecting two other posters in the process?

Attack the ideas/points, not the poster.

I often get a sense of arrogance from SD and I don't like it, which is why he is on my ignore list now. He seems to think he's much smarter than a lot of this people on the place. You act like that too sometimes JF80 I'm sorry to say.

But that's JMO. Once again, saying Jeter and A-Rod should be all stars isn't exactly a stretch.

It's funny how people accuse Yankee fans of being "homers" when they say Jeter, A-Rod, and Posada should be all-stars. These guys are all legit all-stars no matter how many excuses you make.

With Jeter and Guillen they are both having great years so I can see starting either of them, but Peralta and Tejada are quite simply not on the same level as those guys this year.

I mean..ALL THE YANKES SHUD BE STARTERS DURRRRRRR :rolleyes::confused0058:

I don't really care whether Guillen starts or not. He'll be on the team in some capacity. Leyland is coaching the AL this year so I doubt he's going to leave Guillen off the roster if he isn't elected a starter.

I don't really care whether Guillen starts or not. He'll be on the team in some capacity. Leyland is coaching the AL this year so I doubt he's going to leave Guillen off the roster if he isn't elected a starter.

Guillen definitely should be on the team and I could see him being the starter. He's been great for my fantasy teams this year and I especially like those 4 triples he's got this year. :)

Regardless of the MLB rules to be an "All-Star" I think these Sox players deserve to be recognized:

Beckett

Okajima

Lowell

Youkilis

Manny has been below his normal level and Papi has been inconsistent.

For non-Sox players Magglio Ordonez & Justin Morneau have been fantastic this season.

Regardless of the MLB rules to be an "All-Star" I think these Sox players deserve to be recognized:

Beckett

Okajima

Lowell

Youkilis

Manny has been below his normal level and Papi has been inconsistent.

For non-Sox players Magglio Ordonez & Justin Morneau have been fantastic this season.

I agree with Okajima, Isn't Beckett hurt?

I agree with Okajima, Isn't Beckett hurt?

Beckett is pitching tonight. He has already gone 5 innings with 6 K's and hasn't given up a run (yet!)

Before he went on the DL he was 7-0.

Beckett went 7 innings with 7 K's, 3 hits and gave up 2 earned runs.

what's one inning? If I was the AL manager, I'd pitch him all 9, hahahaha wear him out.

:lol:

I remember Pedro going all nuts when the game was at Fenway. He proceeded to be on the DL the rest of the season!

I often get a sense of arrogance from SD and I don't like it, which is why he is on my ignore list now. He seems to think he's much smarter than a lot of this people on the place. You act like that too sometimes JF80 I'm sorry to say.

But that's JMO. Once again, saying Jeter and A-Rod should be all stars isn't exactly a stretch.

We are sorry that ideas frighten you so much. Yes, ideas are very arrogant.

This thread was simply made to piss Yankee fans off by leaving off Jeter and not even mentioning him.

Just ignore. He'll be the starting SS for the AL.

He shouldn't. Put your Yankee bias away and look at the players who deserve to make the all-star team.

Ortiz will probably make it, but he doesn't deserve it. Ditto for A-Rod and Jeter.

He shouldn't. Put your Yankee bias away and look at the players who deserve to make the all-star team.

Ortiz will probably make it, but he doesn't deserve it. Ditto for A-Rod and Jeter.

If anyone on the Yankees deserve it, its Jeter. Guilen will be there too. To say Jeter doesnt deserve it would be absurd.

Arod's on the fringe. Posada should start imo.

Jeter doesn't deserve to make it?? LMAO. You realize he's hitting in the 350's yes?

If anyone on the Yankees deserve it, its Jeter. Guilen will be there too. To say Jeter doesnt deserve it would be absurd.

Arod's on the fringe. Posada should start imo.

You got me on that. My apologies. For some strange reason I thought that Tejada was having a better year.

But if you look at Jeter's stats he has something that A-rod doesn't have, consistency. It's not that there are too many reasons why he should start, but there are no reasons why he shouldn't.

But if you look at Jeter's stats he has something that A-rod doesn't have, consistency. It's not that there are too many reasons why he should start, but there are no reasons why he shouldn't.

I looked up the stats and Jeter, once again, is getting it done. A-Rod shouldn't go but probably will.

Jeter should be there. I will again apologize for calling out Jeter. The guy just gets it done. I have the utmost respect for him.

My AL All-Star team, just for poops and giggles:

C-Victor Martinez

1B- Kevin Youkilis

2B- BJ Upton

SS- Derek Jeter

3B- A-Rod.. by the smallest of margins over Mike Lowell

LF-Carl Crawford

CF-Torii Hunter

RF-Magglio Ordonez

SP- Josh Beckett

NL

C- Brian McCann

1B-Prince Fielder

2B-Dan Uggla

SS-Hanley Ramirez.. just over JJ Hardy

3B-Chipper Jones

LF-Matt Holliday

CF-Aaron Rowand

RF-Ken Griffey Jr.

SP- Jake Peavy

That's just my opinion. Tear it up. It's cool.

My AL All-Star team, just for poops and giggles:

C-Victor Martinez

1B- Kevin Youkilis

2B- BJ Upton

SS- Derek Jeter

3B- A-Rod.. by the smallest of margins over Mike Lowell

LF-Carl Crawford

CF-Torii Hunter

RF-Magglio Ordonez

SP- Josh Beckett

NL

C- Brian McCann

1B-Prince Fielder

2B-Dan Uggla

SS-Hanley Ramirez.. just over JJ Hardy

3B-Chipper Jones

LF-Matt Holliday

CF-Aaron Rowand

RF-Ken Griffey Jr.

SP- Jake Peavy

That's just my opinion. Tear it up. It's cool.

I can't comment on your NL lineup as I don't give a crap about the NL, but your AL lineup looks good.

A-Rod will probably make it over Lowell which is too bad in my book. Lowell has been tremendous so far and all A-Rod did was have a huge April.

Archived