How To Fix The Yankees

Maxman

I didn't see a name on who wrote it but my money is on Barton.

A few thoughts on what he says...

Johnny Damon is a "disgrace for leaving his beloved Sox for the RIVAL Yankees"

--Okay, I'm not sure how many of you haven't realized it yet, but I'd say somewhere in the area of 99% (yes, that's my opinion, there's not a sabermetric out there for it yet) of todays players are just that. They are players. Employees. Not fans. They could give a damn about what uniform they wear. Once the games start there are a good number of them that care how they perform and they would like to win. Outside the lines though, it's all the same to them. It's not different than a kid in high school working at a supermarket. If another supermarket came along and say "hey kid, We'll give you ten bucks an hour down the street instead of the six you're getting here". You wouldn't think twice. You'd do it. The overwhelming majority of employees at any company on the planet would walk out the door for more money. Sorry...it's a fact of life.

--Rocco Baldelli. I really like this player. Only problem is that he's more of an observer than a player. WAYYYY too many serious injuries for such a young guy. If the Yankees brought him in how exactly do you think the fans would react at his first 60 stint on the DL? Ummm....yeah, didn't see that coming:confused:

The players you mentioned can be moved if the Yankees are willing to take on 50% of what they're due to make. That's a lot of money to spend on nothing but I suppose you could also look at it that they're sucking for somebody else and they're not on the hook for the whole salary.

The Yankees sold out when they signed Damon, they really did. I dont blame Damon for taking the money, but that doesnt mean I want him on the Yankees. Pettitte, Bernie even Nomar all had the chance to bolt to the rivals of their former teams in FA, but chose not to. Those are the types of players I want on my team, not a bunch of money whores. Do you think Jeter would ever play for the red sox? Not a chance.

Baldelli is a great talent, too many DL stints, but I think we can get him for less because of that. Rowand is a better bet though, and a guy I'd like to see on the Yankees. Plus, Rowand will only cost money in free agency and wont be near the price of what overrated Andruw Jones will cost.

I think the Yankees should be open to trading Arod, I really believe that. He's going to opt out after this season and we are gonna lose him. If we can get some good players/prospects for him, it should be considered.

I think the Yankees should be open to trading Arod, .

First, he has a no-trade clause, so there is no guarantee that he will not veto a trade.

Second, what does A-Rod really bring on the open market? Everyone knows that he will opt out after this season, so a team gets him for 2 months?

You don't get a lot for those types of players.

Don't think that you will get a ransom back for a lame duck player

Yeah, that Manny Ramirez-The epitome of a team guy. Always toughs it out.

The only way Manny is jumping on that greanade is if it's in Julilan Tavarez' jock strap.;)

Baldelli is Pavano only as a outfielder......always hurt.

The problem with the Yanks is that if ARod and Giambi aren't carrying the offense there is no one else that can put the team on it's back for a week or two. Replacing Sheffield with Abreu was a mistake.

Maybe George can pry Omar away from the Mets.

Anyone who thinks Girardi is the answer needs to look around quickly for polyps and enlarged prostrate, then pull his head out of his ass.

I'm with you, Bob. I don't know what's so special about Girardi. If he did such an awesome job, why is he not still managing the Marlins?

I'm with you, Bob. I don't know what's so special about Girardi. If he did such an awesome job, why is he not still managing the Marlins?

He told the to F off or something similar.

I agree Giraldi is not the answer because he would be a little too abrasive for the 200 million dollar Yankees.

Anyone who thinks Girardi is the answer needs to look around quickly for polyps and enlarged prostrate, then pull his head out of his ass.

I agree. What did Girardi do that was so great last year??? Remember payroll doesn't matter to some here so saying he won 70 games with limited payroll should not be used in arguing his case.

First, he has a no-trade clause, so there is no guarantee that he will not veto a trade.

Second, what does A-Rod really bring on the open market? Everyone knows that he will opt out after this season, so a team gets him for 2 months?

You don't get a lot for those types of players.

Don't think that you will get a ransom back for a lame duck player

Wait, you said that in the offseason too. You were wrong then because teams WERE offering top prospects and players for Arod - but Cashman wouldnt bite.

If a team wants to trade for Arod at the trade deadline in July, the deal would definitetly be contingent on:

1. Arod waving his NTC (the deal wouldnt be done if he didnt of course)

2. The team that acquires him signs him to a new long term deal, or buys out his opt out clause.

I dont know exactly how that would work, but the bottom line is if Arod is willing to leave (and he said last offseason he would waive his NTC if the Yankees wanted him too), then the Yankees can definitetly get alot of high end prospects for him - just like they could have in the offseason.

Teams have made big trades for big stars for only 2 months very often, believe it or not. See Randy Johnson - Astrros, Carlos Beltran - Astros, and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

As to those questioning Girardi - the guy was NL manager of the year, and won 78 games with more rookies than any other coach as ever managed. But more importantly he showed how too manage, do the right things in the 'in game situations' and manage a team to far more wins than anyone could have dreamed of.

I think there seems to be only 2 options once Torre is gone: Mattingly or Girardi. Probably nobody else. So you have to take Girardi over Mattingly, IMO.

Mattingly should go back to hitting coach, because Long is gonna be fired real soon.

Wait, you said that in the offseason too. You were wrong then because teams WERE offering top prospects and players for Arod - but Cashman wouldnt bite.

If a team wants to trade for Arod at the trade deadline in July, the deal would definitetly be contingent on:

2. The team that acquires him signs him to a new long term deal, or buys out his opt out clause.

I dont know exactly how that would work, but the bottom line is if Arod is willing to leave (and he said last offseason he would waive his NTC if the Yankees wanted him too), then the Yankees can definitetly get alot of high end prospects for him - just like they could have in the offseason.

Teams have made big trades for big stars for only 2 months very often, believe it or not. See Randy Johnson - Astrros, Carlos Beltran - Astros, and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

As to those questioning Girardi - the guy was NL manager of the year, and won 78 games with more rookies than any other coach as ever managed. But more importantly he showed how too manage, do the right things in the 'in game situations' and manage a team to far more wins than anyone could have dreamed of.

I think there seems to be only 2 options once Torre is gone: Mattingly or Girardi. Probably nobody else. So you have to take Girardi over Mattingly, IMO.

Mattingly should go back to hitting coach, because Long is gonna be fired real soon.

Barton, you make some good points here. But about Girardi again....why didn't the Yankees make him the bench coach after Florida let him go?

Barton, you make some good points here. But about Girardi again....why didn't the Yankees make him the bench coach after Florida let him go?

Mattingly is probably the guy, thats why.......I just dont want it to be that way.

Mattingly didnt even have the sense to argue the bloomquist blown call, farnsworth 8th inning game where Cano tagged bloomquist 3 feet before he reached the base. Where the F was Mattingly?

This team needs a shakeup. And I dont think Mattingly is the answer.

Yeah, Boras will really want to lock up his client, without the benefit of a bidding war.

That will happen.

Yeah, Boras will really want to lock up his client, without the benefit of a bidding war.

That will happen.

Since when is Arod Boras lap dog? If Arod wants to accept a trade and the Yankees want to get rid of him in a trade, Boras has no choice but to negotiate or Arod will find another agent.

You're missing the point though. The Yankees can get high end prospects for Arod.

Since when is Arod Boras lap dog? If Arod wants to accept a trade and the Yankees want to get rid of him in a trade, Boras has no choice but to negotiate or Arod will find another agent.

You're missing the point though. The Yankees can get high end prospects for Arod.

A-Rod should stay.

A-Rod should stay.

I disagree, I think we should shakes things up a bit, get rid of a-rod, trade giambi to the angels if they want him. Try and get a more balanced offense, less superstars, more people who want to play and win.

From the perspective of someone who lives in Boston:

Whether they would admit to it or not, the Red Sox were always intimidated by the Yanks. Always. Now, not so much. How do the Yankees get that back? Start Roger on Sunday. Take a chance. If he can shut them down for five innings - and if the bullpen can hold on (big if) - it may be a step towards getting the swagger back. Give 'em some confidence going forward into the remainder of the season. Plus, I think Wake is pitching on Sunday. Yankee hitting feasts on Timmy.

A-Rod should stay.

Maybe, but teams can win world series without Alex Rodrgiuez. Its been done before and it will happen again.

If we can get a package from the Dodgers for the likes of Martin, Broxton, Laroche etc etc, it should at least be strongly considered by the Yankees, if Arod agrees to waive his NTC to go to the Dodgers.

Its just a discussion though, I dont see him going anywhere unless something changes.

Yanks should just sign ARod as was the case with Sheffield. They will not replace ARod's bat just as they have been unable to do the same with Sheff.

Since when did the Yanks or their fans become so proud of being able to say "we traded him for prospects" ? ......This is NY not Kansas City.

Cashman will be fired for trading for prospects, not scouting Igawa and not heeding the warnings on Abreu.

From the perspective of someone who lives in Boston:

Whether they would admit to it or not, the Red Sox were always intimidated by the Yanks. Always. Now, not so much. How do the Yankees get that back? Start Roger on Sunday. Take a chance. If he can shut them down for five innings - and if the bullpen can hold on (big if) - it may be a step towards getting the swagger back. Give 'em some confidence going forward into the remainder of the season. Plus, I think Wake is pitching on Sunday. Yankee hitting feasts on Timmy.

I like that strategy. But if it backfires, then you may as well have a fire sale.

Do you really believe that TEXAS was his first choice to play for. Especially, after he proclaimed the Mets as the team that he wanted?

And you ask whether Boras pulls the strings? C'mon.

Let's just see if A-Rod is traded and what he brings back. Other than that, this is rhetoric. Time will tell.

Yanks should just sign ARod as was the case with Sheffield. They will not replace ARod's bat just as they have been unable to do the same with Sheff.

Since when did the Yanks or their fans become so proud of being able to say "we traded him for prospects" ? ......This is NY not Kansas City.

Cashman will be fired for trading for prospects, not scouting Igawa and not heeding the warnings on Abreu.

Arod, if he opts out, will want a long term deal though, and for more money. And the Yankees would be on the hook for all of it, not splitting costs with the Rangers anymore.

On top of all this, Arods hot and cold streaks are really frustrating.

Archived