How To Fix The Yankees

Maxman

Maybe, but teams can win world series without Alex Rodrgiuez. Its been done before and it will happen again.

If we can get a package from the Dodgers for the likes of Martin, Broxton, Laroche etc etc, it should at least be strongly considered by the Yankees, if Arod agrees to waive his NTC to go to the Dodgers.

Its just a discussion though, I dont see him going anywhere unless something changes.

The thought of trading Arod is fine and dandy but who is going to take him ?

Especially if he can opt out of the deal at the end of the season.

Now maybe some team can get a window to negotiate a new deal but do you really think that is going to happen with Boros ?

Look at all the money the owners spent last season. After 4 or 5 years of the owners trying to get some kind of balance back in the game they go and blow it out of the water in one off season. Boros sees that and would be doing his client a disservice by actually trying to get a new deal before actually seeing what he can get on an open market.

My guess is Arod is here the whole season then opts out and goes and joins Lou in Chicago.

Arod, if he opts out, will want a long term deal though, and for more money. And the Yankees would be on the hook for all of it, not splitting costs with the Rangers anymore.

On top of all this, Arods hot and cold streaks are really frustrating.

Is that true, about the Yankees being on the hook?

if he opts out, wouldn't that nullify the remainder of the contract, neaning both the Yanks and Rangers do not have to pay any more.

What you said makes no sense, in a contract world.

The thought of trading Arod is fine and dandy but who is going to take him ?

Especially if he can opt out of the deal at the end of the season.

Now maybe some team can get a window to negotiate a new deal but do you really think that is going to happen with Boros ?

Look at all the money the owners spent last season. After 4 or 5 years of the owners trying to get some kind of balance back in the game they go and blow it out of the water in one off season. Boros sees that and would be doing his client a disservice by actually trying to get a new deal before actually seeing what he can get on an open market.

My guess is Arod is here the whole season then opts out and goes and joins Lou in Chicago.

I dont see it happening either, but I think its worth discussing at this point.

Is that true, about the Yankees being on the hook?

if he opts out, wouldn't that nullify the remainder of the contract, neaning both the Yanks and Rangers do not have to pay any more.

What you said makes no sense, in a contract world.

huh?

I'm saying if Arod opts out, and the Yankees choose to sign him in FA (I think thats what GS was saying we should do), then the Yankees would be on the hook for the whole deal, every penny of course.

Right now, the Rangers are paying about 9 million or so per year to Arod, the Yankees are only paying 16 mill a year for him. That wont be the case if we sign him in FA as the Rangers deal will be moot.

huh?

I'm saying if Arod opts out, and the Yankees choose to sign him in FA (I think thats what GS was saying we should do), then the Yankees would be on the hook for the whole deal, every penny of course.

Right now, the Rangers are paying about 9 million or so per year to Arod, the Yankees are only paying 16 mill a year for him. That wont be the case if we sign him in FA as the Rangers deal will be moot.

Gotcha. Yes, if the Yankees were to re-sign him, they are on teh hook for all of it, correct.

The Rangers are sitting back with a cheshire cat grin right now.

Thats the difference between the Sox and Yanks. You throw a grenade in the Yankees clubhouse it's every man for himself. You throw it in the Red Sox clubhouse and someone falls on it.

That's probably because the Sox have a bunch of f*cking idiots on their team.

Mattingly is probably the guy, thats why.......I just dont want it to be that way.

Mattingly didnt even have the sense to argue the bloomquist blown call, farnsworth 8th inning game where Cano tagged bloomquist 3 feet before he reached the base. Where the F was Mattingly?

This team needs a shakeup. And I dont think Mattingly is the answer.

So you've decided that Mattingly should not be a manager because he did bother to waste his time arguing a call that would have stayed the same no matter what he did?

Please. Deciding if somebody is a good manager based on how much they argue calls is absurd.

So you've decided that Mattingly should not be a manager because he did bother to waste his time arguing a call that would have stayed the same no matter what he did?

Please. Deciding if somebody is a good manager based on how much they argue calls is absurd.

How can you NOT argue a blantantly wrong call like that? That is the question.

Not to mention, Mattingly is just another laid back coach like Torre. We need to go in a different direction.

How can you NOT argue a blantantly wrong call like that? That is the question.

Not to mention, Mattingly is just another laid back coach like Torre. We need to go in a different direction.

So he shouldn't be a manager because he didn't argue a call that wouldn't have been changed either way? That just does not make sense. Would it have been better to you if he tried kicking dirt on home plate or spit in the ump's face?

I always kind of based how good a manager is on how, you know, he manages the game not how much he argues calls.

So he shouldn't be a manager because he didn't argue a call that wouldn't have been changed either way? That just does not make sense. Would it have been better to you if he tried kicking dirt on home plate or spit in the ump's face?

I always kind of based how good a manager is on how, you know, he manages the game not how much he argues calls.

How they argue the call goes a long way to show how much they can fire up players and show support for the players... and hope in turn the players give 100%

No, he shouldnt be the manager because he is a Torre clone. If he doesnt show the sense to argue a pathetic call like that, then my doubts just get stronger.

Not to mention, he is unproven. Girardi is proven. Not as risky as Mattingly.

No, he shouldnt be the manager because he is a Torre clone. If he doesnt show the sense to argue a pathetic call like that, then my doubts just get stronger.

Not to mention, he is unproven. Girardi is proven. Not as risky as Mattingly.

you want to piss people off and get a guy to get in the players faces,,

bring Bobby Valentine back from Japan to run the Yanks

They have the guy in the dugout already, if that is teh direcdtion they want to go-Larry Bowa.

He will make some people real uncomfortable real quick.

If we can get a package from the Dodgers for the likes of Martin, Broxton, Laroche etc etc, it should at least be strongly considered by the Yankees, if Arod agrees to waive his NTC to go to the Dodgers.

You are truly dreaming, if you think you will get the package of one the best catchers in the NL, a future sure closer, a sure 3b prospect, etc, etc.

The Dodgers would be stupid to do that. Why wouldn't they just wait till next year, sign him as a FA if they want him that bad.

No way that deal would ever happen. That is a pipedream

How many championships did he win with the Mets?

As for Mattingly, I don't want him either. Bitching about his not arguing that blown steal call is idiotic, though. The role of a manager is to put himself between a player and an ump to keep the player from getting tossed. If Cano had bothered to argue, Mattingly would have had his back.

here Barton, if I am the Dodgers, I offer you this deal for A-Rod:

Andre Ethier and Andy LaRoche.

And you had better run and take it.

Either is not enough, they would need to throw in Broxton there. LaRoche is a good 3B prospect, but Arod is Arod, he is a proven commodity. He'll put asses in the seats. He's a drawing card.

I'd take Martin and Laroche by themselves. Laroche is a must, but if ya cant get Martin then I need 2 more players, maybe we throw in an arm to seal the deal like proctor or farnsworth (with some money going their way on that)

Russell Martin is a pipedream I agree. But I think Laroche, Broxton and another starter for Arod/proctor or farnsworth is a solid deal.

Either is not enough, they would need to throw in Broxton there. LaRoche is a good 3B prospect, but Arod is Arod, he is a proven commodity. He'll put asses in the seats. He's a drawing card.

I'd take Martin and Laroche by themselves. Laroche is a must, but if ya cant get Martin then I need 2 more players, maybe we throw in an arm to seal the deal like proctor or farnsworth (with some money going their way on that)

Russell Martin is a pipedream I agree. But I think Laroche, Broxton and another starter for Arod/proctor or farnsworth is a solid deal.

LaRoche, and Billingsley.

You should be estatic.

Gotcha. Yes, if the Yankees were to re-sign him, they are on teh hook for all of it, correct.

The Rangers are sitting back with a cheshire cat grin right now.

From the Yankee prespective, they probaably felt they would win at least 1 WS during the 4 years they had A-Rod under control. Besides, they knew that Sori was going to ask for the moon in arb. and as a FA, and felt he would not be worth what he wanted.

Can't say I disagree with that line of thinking.

From the Yankee prespective, they probaably felt they would win at least 1 WS during the 4 years they had A-Rod under control. Besides, they knew that Sori was going to ask for the moon in arb. and as a FA, and felt he would not be worth what he wanted.

Can't say I disagree with that line of thinking.

Agreed, and that was a worthwhile gamble.

Especially with the money that Texas chipped in.

1. Suspend Steinbrenner for 2-3 years.

2. Let Gene Michael make any and all personnel decisions. (Goodbye Cashman)

That's exactly what happened in the early 90's when Cashman built the Yankees dynasty that would go on to win 4 world series championships including one at Shea.

Agreed, and that was a worthwhile gamble.

Especially with the money that Texas chipped in.

You are correct sir. I was not even considering the $$$$$ Texas threw in to make it happen. All I meant was the A-Rod for Sori aspect.

But the money was icing on the cake.

Archived