What's Your Gym Etiquette?

MrsTaborJet

OK, today at the gym I saw two things that pretty much made me want to skip my breakfast.

First, some chick used the restroom and walked right out of the stall with her iPod and bottle of water and did not wash her hands. Yuck. Now, she is going to touch the machines, the weights with those hands??? And who brings a bottle of water into the stall when there are shelves everywhere to hold your stuff? I know this is not a gym-specific issue, but had to mention it. This stuff sure does go on more then we'd care to know I'm sure.

Second, a semi-large gal must have showered at the gym and was putting on her makeup by the mirrors at the sinks (even though there is another entirely separate area for dressing and all that stuff). She was partially dressed, a skirt or something too tight and just wearing a bra. It was like a car accident... I didn't want to look, but I couldn't turn away. Her stomach was hanging in the sink, literally, and I wanted to give her some bra advice that it surely wasn't doing anything for her. :shutup:

I wouldn't say I was shy by any means, but I guess you can say I'm reserved. That's not a bad thing! A couple other times I caught a couple of full frontal shots of other women ... and it ain't pretty.

Tabor said on several occasions he saw some old dudes just totally bare-ass walking around with no towels. It just isn't something you want to see.

I know these are just average folk, I don't mean to cut them down and more power to them that they can just boldly show off all their rolls and wrinkles... but this isn't your bedroom! Cover that UP!

Thoughts, comments? What is your etiquette? :confused:

I agree Mrs.TJ

There is this one girl at my gym that's got a smokin body..she does cardio at like 500 MPH and sweats like a pig..the sweat fly's all over the mirrors and the machines and she never cleans it up. :smilies2_puke:

She also sits down in the middle of the walkway to change her sneakers and gives you an attitude look like you're in her way. :cussing:

DON'T GET ME STARTED !!! :cussing: I'm totally with BP on this. I actually quit going to Bally's because their clientel was a bunch of ignoramic pigs. NEVER racking the weights or drying off the machines after they dumped a gallon of sweat on them. A bunch of us veterans would mention proper etiquette to these bozos :Pain: and would be greeted with STFU. I actually waited 20 min for a calf machine one day only to find out the 20 year old #$@% who was sitting on it was just "resting" on the machine !! I nearly ripped out his f'in spleen right on the spot. I finally switched back to Gold's where they really monitor this and will suspend memberships of those repeated violators. It's just a combination of ignorance and the "why should I give a sh*t about anyone else" generation.

How about wearing a pair of workout gloves, that's what I do.

My gym has Purell dispensers everywhere and I use them.

As far as people walking around in the buff.. I don't get it either but if there are showers in the locker room it's gonna happen. I've learned to ignore it. I guess all my years as an art student/drawing nude models (the worst bodies EVER, btw) has made me numb to it.

There are always old, fat guys walking around naked in th LR at my gym. I alwas like to envision youg, hot women alking around the women's LR naked but my Wife tells me it's older, fat women as well. Why does this happen?

DON'T GET ME STARTED !!! :cussing: I'm totally with BP on this. I actually quit going to Bally's because their clientel was a bunch of ignoramic pigs. NEVER racking the weights or drying off the machines after they dumped a gallon of sweat on them. A bunch of us veterans would mention proper etiquette to these bozos :Pain: and would be greeted with STFU. I actually waited 20 min for a calf machine one day only to find out the 20 year old #$@% who was sitting on it was just "resting" on the machine !! I nearly ripped out his f'in spleen right on the spot. I finally switched back to Gold's where they really monitor this and will suspend memberships of those repeated violators. It's just a combination of ignorance and the "why should I give a sh*t about anyone else" generation.

I can't stand when people don't rack their weights or wipe off the benches or machines. It's common decency, respect for people and so few people have it. i feel like I work at te gym sometimes b/c in btw sets I wind up racking weigths out of place b/c it drives me nuts to see them out of place.

Gold's was one of the best gym's I've ever been a member at.

How about wearing a pair of workout gloves, that's what I do.

My gym has Purell dispensers everywhere and I use them.

Those are great, and make it so easy to wipe everything down. but people still don't use them.

As far as people walking around in the buff.. I don't get it either but if there are showers in the locker room it's gonna happen. I've learned to ignore it. I guess all my years as an art student/drawing nude models (the worst bodies EVER, btw) has made me numb to it.

I don't shower at the gym because of the nauseating crap I've seen in those locker rooms.

Those are great, and make it so easy to wipe everything down. but people still don't use them.

I don't shower at the gym because of the nauseating crap I've seen in those locker rooms.

Yeah, people are lazy and inconsiderate. Generally.

I never use the gym showers either.

I could never work out at home. Too many distractions and not enough motivation. Plus, I like the social aspect of the gym.

the social aspect of the gym is my absolute least favorite part of it. I've been a fugative from the gym for a year now but seeing the pompous asses admiring themselves everywhere I turned or the posers who do absolutely no cardio (mostly biceps which takes them about 4 hrs to get thru a 30 minute routine) the gym is very clean though & I didn't mind showering there as I had to return to work after.

the social aspect of the gym is my absolute least favorite part of it. I've been a fugative from the gym for a year now but seeing the pompous asses admiring themselves everywhere I turned or the posers who do absolutely no cardio (mostly biceps which takes them about 4 hrs to get thru a 30 minute routine) the gym is very clean though & I didn't mind showering there as I had to return to work after.

I don't like any of that either but I have quite a lot of friends and aquaintences that I enjoy conversing with in between routines.

I could never work out at home. Too many distractions and not enough motivation. Plus, I like the social aspect of the gym.

That's cool. To each his own, I s'pose.

I feel the gym is too cliquey, and all anyone wants to do is talk about themselves. I like working out alone; strap on the iPod on the treadmill, don't need a spotter on the Bowflex.

F the gym. buy a nice pair of running shoes, some 30 lb dumbells and a mat for crunches/pushups and you'll look like a greek god. too big = nasty.

We have the jackasses that insist on doing the nasal "power blow" in the shower. Where is it going? on the walls, the floor, the shower handles. I'm, sure that these same people are also peeing in the shower I wear flip flops religiously and I'm sure I look like a homo (future mod?) but no way am I letting my feet touch somebody's goobers.

I joined Gold's gym about a month ago and I love it, but I shower at home. The gym is less than 2 miles away. I love the convenience of it being so close.

We have the jackasses that inssiting doing the nasal "power blow" in the shower. Where is it going? on the walls, the floor, the shower handles. I'm, sure that these same people are also peeing in the shower I wear flip flops religiously and I'm sure I look like a homo (future mod?) but no way am I letting my feet touch somebody's goobers.

We have the jackasses that inssiting doing the nasal "power blow" in the shower. Where is it going? on the walls, the floor, the shower handles. I'm, sure that these same people are also peeing in the shower I wear flip flops religiously and I'm sure I look like a homo (future mod?) but no way am I letting my feet touch somebody's goobers.

:rl: very funny if too graphic description of said function. when I went hiking with my brothers they had it down to an art form. yuk. I tried that once & one of my brothers passed out , woke up & kicked the crap out of me for trying to ruin a perfectly good hike. it seems my nostrils have a hidden hook curve unseen visually but sends the discharge directly to my lower lip & chin area ( also the neck region on a windy day)

OK, today at the gym I saw two things that pretty much made me want to skip my breakfast.

First, some chick used the restroom and walked right out of the stall with her iPod and bottle of water and did not wash her hands. Yuck. Now, she is going to touch the machines, the weights with those hands??? And who brings a bottle of water into the stall when there are shelves everywhere to hold your stuff? I know this is not a gym-specific issue, but had to mention it. This stuff sure does go on more then we'd care to know I'm sure.

Second, a semi-large gal must have showered at the gym and was putting on her makeup by the mirrors at the sinks (even though there is another entirely separate area for dressing and all that stuff). She was partially dressed, a skirt or something too tight and just wearing a bra. It was like a car accident... I didn't want to look, but I couldn't turn away. Her stomach was hanging in the sink, literally, and I wanted to give her some bra advice that it surely wasn't doing anything for her. :shutup:

I wouldn't say I was shy by any means, but I guess you can say I'm reserved. That's not a bad thing! A couple other times I caught a couple of full frontal shots of other women ... and it ain't pretty.

Tabor said on several occasions he saw some old dudes just totally bare-ass walking around with no towels. It just isn't something you want to see.

I know these are just average folk, I don't mean to cut them down and more power to them that they can just boldly show off all their rolls and wrinkles... but this isn't your bedroom! Cover that UP!

I keep my own bathrobe in my locker for walking around and shaving and grooming. And as far as the bathroom thing, yeah no consumables in the head, that is just plain gross man, when that toilet flushes it is like a biological dirtybomb gets airated and dispersed. And I am a germphobe, so I am always thinking about the nastiness of other people who don't wash their hands and touch things.

puritans_engraving.jpg

I like like 15 blocks from the gym so I usually just walk to the gym in my work-out clothes to avoid the locker-rooms. They smell bad, like something I can't even put into words. A bunch of old fat foreign dudes walking around like it's their bathroom. I hate the locker-room. I walk around with two mini-towels, one for myself and one for the machines that I use.

:rl: very funny if too graphic description of said function. when I went hiking with my brothers they had it down to an art form. yuk. I tried that once & one of my brothers passed out , woke up & kicked the crap out of me for trying to ruin a perfectly good hike. it seems my nostrils have a hidden hook curve unseen visually but sends the discharge directly to my lower lip & chin area ( also the neck region on a windy day)

:eek::smilies2_puke:

Maybe she was proud of her belly and her Stripe like stretch marks. I mean is it opossible...She is like a tiger...just so proud of her stripies...standing there scratching her belly...Did she growl at you?

:eek::smilies2_puke:

cool, that pretty much puts us even fer the day;) . sorry, gotta run. southernjets got a bill gates technology link in another thread which i'm sure is cool but I can't get past the pole dancing housewives video to check it out

Archived