another new footbal league?

joebabyny

is there something wrong with the nfl that we need another football league?

That was my thought.

This country is loaded with sports, why another league to water down the talent pool of the NFL.

But hell, if it brings innovation to the game that eventually gets rolled up into NFL, maybe that is for the better.

BZ

Wow, ITS CAPITALISM! As much as I like the NFL, it has a monopoly over Pro Football. If it controls Europe and apparently the AFL, that would make it a monopoly. Competition makes everything better, ESPN NFL 2K5 sucked, but when EA bought the exclusive rights, well, Madden became $50 roster upgrades and did nothing innovative for the XBOX 360. A spring football league would be great, as long as Trump can't touch it. After what he did the the USFL, he has to stay away from Pro Football. Mark Cuban scares me, but if it isn't tacky like the XFL, sustainibility can be achieved. Why not have football in Mexico City, LA, San Antonio, San Juan PR and other large markets. Imagine 60,000 Mexican fans cramped into what is usually a futbol stadium screaming at the top of their lungs. It would be like a OSU and Michigan game. Just have the season go from March to a championship game near July 4th. Its elementary American CAPITALISM children!

Archived