Third Place

Maxman

I just want to say congratulations to the new York Yankees on claiming 3rd place. What they have done this season is nothing short of a miracle.

Injuries to Jaret Wright, Kevin Brown and Randy Johnson did not slow them down. Giambi's lack of production didn't get in their way.

Instead the best manager in the game shook things up. Up comes Cano, to left goes Womack. The most underrated player in the game Derek Jeter steps up and fills the leadoff spot and performs like the Hall Of Famer that he is.

Kudos to Cashmand for pulling the AROD trade off. Few knew this guy was this good. He has done a great job at # 5. Great job by getting a relatively unknown named Gary Sheffeld to plug the # 3 hole.

Carl Pavano sat out there in free agency but the Yankees gave him a shot. They said Matsui couldn't hit an American baseball but the Yankees were not scared. Taking Tino off the scrap heap was huge as well.

Great job Yankees. YOu win because you are smarter than everyone else. End of story.

I just want to say congratulations to the new York Yankees on claiming 3rd place. What they have done this season is nothing short of a miracle.

Injuries to Jaret Wright, Kevin Brown and Randy Johnson did not slow them down. Giambi's lack of production didn't get in their way.

Instead the best manager in the game shook things up. Up comes Cano, to left goes Womack. The most underrated player in the game Derek Jeter steps up and fills the leadoff spot and performs like the Hall Of Famer that he is.

Kudos to Cashmand for pulling the AROD trade off. Few knew this guy was this good. He has done a great job at # 5. Great job by getting a relatively unknown named Gary Sheffeld to plug the # 3 hole.

Carl Pavano sat out there in free agency but the Yankees gave him a shot. They said Matsui couldn't hit an American baseball but the Yankees were not scared. Taking Tino off the scrap heap was huge as well.

Great job Yankees. YOu win because you are smarter than everyone else. End of story.

I agree Maxman...props to NYY and george steinbrenner.

Not only have they pulled off 3rd place...well they're tied with Toronto for 3rd...but still, it is 3rd place after all...but they've done so after having some kind of Chinese Firedrill with their defense. Their 2nd baseman is in left field, their Shortstop is at 3rd base, 3 dead bodies are in their everyday lineup, and some male cheerleader is at Shortstop booting the ball around the infield. Amazing!

Not only have they pulled off 3rd place...well they're tied with Toronto for 3rd...but still, it is 3rd place after all...but they've done so after having some kind of Chinese Firedrill with their defense. Their 2nd baseman is in left field, their Shortstop is at 3rd base, 3 dead bodies are in their everyday lineup, and some male cheerleader is at Shortstop booting the ball around the infield. Amazing!

We finally agree on something! I think this team is special and has "Chamionship" written all over them.

Although the male cheerleader line was below the belt.

We finally agree on something! I think this team is special and has "Chamionship" written all over them.

Although the male cheerleader line was below the belt.

didnt like the male cheerleader line huh? Do I have to apologize to Jetes now too like I have had to apologize to everyone else on this board?

Well, I'm sorry, Mr Jeter, I know people like me dont feel your pain. Getting up, playing a child's game for $19 million per year and pounding an obscene amount of NYC-based strippers is a thankless job.

Plus, I hear he has to wash his collection of Bentleys by himself.

didnt like the male cheerleader line huh? Do I have to apologize to Jetes now too like I have had to apologize to everyone else on this board?

Well, I'm sorry, Mr Jeter, I know people like me dont feel your pain. Getting up, playing a child's game for $19 million per year and pounding an obscene amount of NYC-based strippers is a thankless job.

That was actually pretty good. You see you can keep it funny without blasting our entire armed forces.

There is hope for you yet.

That was actually pretty good. You see you can keep it funny without blasting our entire armed forces.

There is hope for you yet.

Max the Yankees have not won since 2000.

So the last 4 years someone obviously has been SMARTER.

Randy missed one start.

Brown one or two?

Wright sucks and was a awful signing.

Jeter has hit leadoff many many times before so this was no adjustment.

So now Yankee fans want to recognize ARod's greatness?

I also believe you called for Tino's retirement early on.

Lets not forget the legion of fans who called for Torre's job as well.

Remember, when you bring in ARod-Matsui-Randy-Sheffield you are supposed to win.

We both know at the current payroll anything but a WS is unacceptable and a failure.

Max the Yankees have not won since 2000.

So the last 4 years someone obviously has been SMARTER.

Randy missed one start.

Brown one or two?

Wright sucks and was a awful signing.

Jeter has hit leadoff many many times before so this was no adjustment.

So now Yankee fans want to recognize ARod's greatness?

I also believe you called for Tino's retirement early on.

Lets not forget the legion of fans who called for Torre's job as well.

Remember, when you bring in ARod-Matsui-Randy-Sheffield you are supposed to win.

We both know at the current payroll anything but a WS is unacceptable and a failure.

Max in reading your post again I see the sarcasm....Good job.

Bro...I read your first post and I was like...WTF!!! I thought damn GS is always right there. How does he not get this one.

Pretty funny though!

Max in reading your post again I see the sarcasm....Good job.

Bro...I read your first post and I was like...WTF!!! I thought damn GS is always right there. How does he not get this one.

Pretty funny though!

Archived