Tequila shortage!

TaborJet

good I hate that stuff... even the smell of it makes me sick

Vodka all the way

Tequila only seems like a good idea when I'm already drunk on something else. It NEVER seems like a good idea the next morning.

I consider a shortage to be a blessing.

Try the top-shelf tequilas. I know they cost plenty. I don't get hungover from the good stuff. It's the cheapo stuff that will mess you up, just like with other types of alcohol.

Patron, like Joebaby metioned, is very good. Others are Cabo Wabo, Sauza Tres Generaciones, and Don Julio.

Check out the video clip in the link I provided. They explain the different types of tequila.

Try the top-shelf tequilas. I know they cost plenty. I don't get hungover from the good stuff. It's the cheapo stuff that will mess you up, just like with other types of alcohol.

Patron, like Joebaby metioned, is very good. Others are Cabo Wabo, Sauza Tres Generaciones, and Don Julio.

Check out the video clip in the link I provided. They explain the different types of tequila.

I just dont like the taste/smell of it... lol

right now my drink of choice is Stoli Vodka

I just dont like the taste/smell of it... lol

right now my drink of choice is Stoli Vodka

That's the funny thing, good tequila tastes nothing like the crap you typically get shoved in front of you at bars. Cuervo is absolute crap, I don't care what kind of Cuervo it is. A really good tequila has alot more of a scotch flavor to it if you ask me. It's actually quite good and meant to be sipped slowly. I hate regular tequila-I despise it! But good tequila is nothing like that crap.

That's the funny thing, good tequila tastes nothing like the crap you typically get shoved in front of you at bars. Cuervo is absolute crap, I don't care what kind of Cuervo it is. A really good tequila has alot more of a scotch flavor to it if you ask me. It's actually quite good and meant to be sipped slowly. I hate regular tequila-I despise it! But good tequila is nothing like that crap.

I was just typing the exact same thing. The only thing the standard tequila is good for is margaritas.

That is no lie. I had that stuff last summer. Usually I have to pretty much choke a shot of tequila down but this stuff was smooth. It didn't have the same aftertaste as other tequilas either. I guess that's why it costs as much as it does.

Its the only thing I have been able to stomach thus far...

I was just typing the exact same thing. The only thing the standard tequila is good for is margaritas.

It gives me heartburn actually. When I was in mexico on my honeymoon the bartenders were making margaritas with Don Julio and drizzling grand marnier over the top, holy smokes those were the best margaritas I have ever had and never had heartburn even once from the stuff!

I would still pass on the cheap stuff. There is enough sugar in a Margarita without the low-end tequila. I like to use higher-end stuff like a blanco or reposado tequila in my mixes. Anejo is strictly for sipping.

I would still pass on the cheap stuff. There is enough sugar in a Margarita without the low-end tequila. I like to use higher-end stuff like a blanco or reposado tequila in my mixes. Anejo is strictly for sipping.

Sauza hornitos is a good cheap stuff for magaritas.

Patron is the well known premium, good stuff but i find sometimes you can get a bad bottle. Cabo anejo is really good too, along with Corazon. Herradura anejo is good too. I also agree with the other poster who says all cuervo is crap, but there is one exception, they have one that is not well known, called reserva de la familia that is top notch. It is quite expense, probably twice as much as patron, but it is smooth. Everything else they sell is total crap though.

BTW, any of those should not be shooters, and no lemon or salt should go anywhere near them, they are meant to be drunk neat or on the rocks, like a good brandy or scotch.

For some reason... I have always been tempted to try this Vodka...

http://www.beerliquors.com/buy/polish_vodka/debowa.htm

Look how else you can get it... :lol:

beczka_zlota_s.gif

I've had Debowa. It is very good and very smooth. I find that once you get into high end vodka there is ver little difference from one to the other, with the exception of a couple. This is one of those exceptions. It has a very "meaty" flavor, no doubt from the oak. Another interesting one is http://www.zubrowka.net/. It is distilled with Bison grass to get its unique flavor. Funny thing is they have a "myths" section yet they don't cover their most rampant myth amongst Polocks who drink it. Most Polocks believe the flavor really comes from the Bison piss when they go on the grass. Believe it or not it is a very good vodka.

I've had Debowa. It is very good and very smooth. I find that once you get into high end vodka there is ver little difference from one to the other, with the exception of a couple. This is one of those exceptions. It has a very "meaty" flavor, no doubt from the oak. Another interesting one is http://www.zubrowka.net/. It is distilled with Bison grass to get its unique flavor. Funny thing is they have a "myths" section yet they don't cover their most rampant myth amongst Polocks who drink it. Most Polocks believe the flavor really comes from the Bison piss when they go on the grass. Believe it or not it is a very good vodka.

That "meaty flavor" is actually an impurity in the vodka, common in polish brands, especially some brands like belvedere. Vodka is by nature supposed to be totally devoid of any impurities and aromas as a neutral spirit, kettle one is a good example of this. But of course everyone's taste is different, so who is to say what is right and wrong. If that meaty flavor is something you enjoy, then I guess that is not an impurity to you, but a flavor characteristic.

or off the tight belly of a 19-22 year old chick! (obviously if she is under 21 she just acts as a vessel for my drinking enjoyment and does not consume any booze herself)

Awfully "risky" behavior for a germaphobe, no?

Yes, it is ironic that Joebaby professes to be a germaphobe, considering the buisness he is in, isn't it.

I have the cleanest videocamera in the biz, and i send in camera2 for the more precarious shots that may possibly contain any form of biohazard.

True story, as a little kid i was so grossed out by the other kids that when they broke out those plastic chips to teach us math and counting, i refused to touch them. The stubborn teacher would come over, ask me a math problem, and I would do it in my head. I would get the question right, but caught hell because i wouldn't actually move the stupid chewed up spit-covered chips like the trained monkeys the other kids were. I may be a germphobe , but at least it got me to do numbers in my head pretty quickly. I used to get up to wash my hands so much in class that the teacher put a wash basin by my desk so i would stop interrupting class, and I won't even go into my obsession as a child with smelling my hands to make sure they weren't dirty.

That "meaty flavor" is actually an impurity in the vodka, common in polish brands, especially some brands like belvedere. Vodka is by nature supposed to be totally devoid of any impurities and aromas as a neutral spirit, kettle one is a good example of this. But of course everyone's taste is different, so who is to say what is right and wrong. If that meaty flavor is something you enjoy, then I guess that is not an impurity to you, but a flavor characteristic.

No man. They are pure vodka flavored with something natural, such as oak in this case. I'm all for a vodka tasting like water, but most Polocks AND russians like a bit of bite and flavor in their spirits. Don't get me wrong, if you want to drink french or dutch vodka be my guest, I'll stick with the guys who actually invented it.

No man. They are pure vodka flavored with something natural, such as oak in this case. I'm all for a vodka tasting like water, but most Polocks AND russians like a bit of bite and flavor in their spirits. Don't get me wrong, if you want to drink french or dutch vodka be my guest, I'll stick with the guys who actually invented it.

Ok, but you do know that vodka is not supposed to be stored in wood barrels? And if it did have an oak or whatever flavoring, it should have a color to match, like scotch or whiskey or tequila? I would suspect that that flavor was introduced by the charcoal or whatever other filtration system they used. But like I said, taste is subjective.

Archived