Sign in to follow this  
Blackout

Randy Johnson

Barton, you saidbest line-ups THIS year.

What do you want to compare things on, numbers from 1947?

The al east does have the best lineups in baseball.

Just look at the freakin amount of good hitters! More than any other division, bottom line.

Just look at the freakin amount of good hitters! More than any other division, bottom line.

maybe the pitching sucks,,

Just look at the freakin amount of good hitters! More than any other division, bottom line.[/quote]

Again---Mets- Indians and Tiger lineups are better than any AL East team.

The AL Central also is as good if not better than the AL East hitters wise.

AL Central:

Sizmore.

Hafner.

Victor Martinez.

Peralta.

Thome

Dye

Konerko

Crede

Magglio

Sheffield

Carlos Guillen

Pudge

Craig Monroe

Grandenson

Tori Hunter

Morneau

Mauer

Cuddyer

And it is so, because Barton says so. He cant support it with any numbers. like I did to show that it may not be.

But he says it is so.

Who am I to argue with a child who thinks he is right.

LOL thats not the argumenet. The argument is which division has the best lineups in baseball, not which division has the team with the best lineup.

Last time I checked, you cant just cherry pick which teams in the division to choose who has the best lineups. You have to take in every lineup from every team in every division. So the royals who play in the nl central,drags down the al central abit.

I never said the al east has the team with the single best lineup in baseball, but overall they have the greatest amount of good hitters, therefore they have are the toughest division to pitch against overall and safe to say, the best hitting division. The fact that you listed nobody from the royals in your list of al central hitters automatically puts a streak mark on the al central.

You listed 18 hitters from the al central - which is a very good hitting division, and THE BEST hitting division if not for the fact that the Royals play in the division, who have nobody, but I listed 26 hitters from the AL East, thats players from every team in the division because every team has at least 3 very good offensive players.

Jeter, Arod, Matsui, Posada, Manny, Ortiz, Lowell, Youlkilis, Abreu, Damon, Cano, Drew, Giambi, Tejada, Markakis, Hernandez, Vernon Wells, Overbay, Rios, Glaus, Hill, Crawford, Upton, Young, Baldelli, Iwamura .

Nuff said.

And it is so, because Barton says so. He cant support it with any numbers. like I did to show that it may not be.

But he says it is so.

I have yet to see you bring any lists of hitters from divisions other than the AL east to support your arguement. Do alittle research and get back to me before you throw the child card at me - real mature.

Jeter, Arod, Matsui, Posada, Manny, Ortiz, Lowell, Youlkilis, Abreu, Damon, Cano, Drew, Giambi, Tejada, Markakis, Hernandez, Vernon Wells, Overbay, Rios, Glaus, Hill, Crawford, Upton, Young, Baldelli, Iwamura.

Thats 26 good hitters, representing players from EVERY team in the AL East. There's your freakin number, which I posted about 3 pages ago but I guess you skipped over it......

But he says it is so.

Barton has a very valid point. The AL East is stacked with hitters.

Barton has a very valid point. The AL East is stacked with hitters.

again, maybe the pitching they are facing sucks

Could be...but I know when Randy Johnson was in the AL he looked like a HS kid trying to get big league hitters out and in the NL he's looked like a Cy Young type of pitcher again.

Could be...but I know when Randy Johnson was in the AL he looked like a HS kid trying to get big league hitters out and in the NL he's looked like a Cy Young type of pitcher again.

you are better than that AFJF,, that a madmike argument, ,i can say josh beckett aint doin too bad, ,zito is struggling so on and so on,,

with no DH and therefore lack of weak spot its hard to pitch around anyone either,m, AL hitters probaby see better pitches

you are better than that AFJF,, that a madmike argument, ,i can say josh beckett aint doin too bad, ,zito is struggling so on and so on,,

with no DH and therefore lack of weak spot its hard to pitch around anyone either,m, AL hitters probaby see better pitches

The topic is Randy Johnson and the discussion became "which league is better". What I stated is a fact. In the AL East Randy Johnson a below average starting pitcher. He gave up a ton of home runs and was nowhere near what he was in the NL. All excuses aside, the guy couldn't get it done in the AL. I"m glad he's gone and would have been just as happy if the Yankees had flat out released him. The great thing about it is that they got somebody else to let them off the hook for his riddiculous salary.

As far as Zito and Beckett go, I'm on record as having said that Zito is a glorified middle of the rotation starter living on past accomplishments and on several occassions I said Becketts performance last year was an abberation and he had good enough stuff to dominate in either league. I think I was pretty accurate on both counts.

The topic is Randy Johnson and the discussion became "which league is better". What I stated is a fact. In the AL East Randy Johnson a below average starting pitcher. He gave up a ton of home runs and was nowhere near what he was in the NL. All excuses aside, the guy couldn't get it done in the AL. I"m glad he's gone and would have been just as happy if the Yankees had flat out released him. The great thing about it is that they got somebody else to let them off the hook for his riddiculous salary.

As far as Zito and Beckett go, I'm on record as having said that Zito is a glorified middle of the rotation starter living on past accomplishments and on several occassions I said Becketts performance last year was an abberation and he had good enough stuff to dominate in either league. I think I was pretty accurate on both counts.

oh, trhe current topic wasnt randy to me,, i thought it had trangressed into great AL e lineups,,

i mentioned pitching maybe, current al-e, ,randy is gone,,,

you went to randy,, i then countered with beckett and zito ;)

Nope. AL east pitching is better too, and so is the AL as a whole. Its been proven year after year with the failures of NL pitchers switching leagues and avg type former AL pitchers thriving in the NL. Do some research into that (no offense intended with that)

Nope. AL east pitching is better too, and so is the AL as a whole. Its been proven year after year with the failures of NL pitchers switching leagues and avg type former AL pitchers thriving in the NL. Do some research into that (no offense intended with that)

beckett/zito?

are you playing MadMike tonight?

Come on, Yanks would be 4th in NL-E behind Mets/Braves/Phils,,maybe 5th behing Marlins to boot..

beckett/zito?

are you playing MadMike tonight?

Come on, Yanks would be 4th in NL-E behind Mets/Braves/Phils,,maybe 5th behing Marlins to boot..

What about Beckett? He had a 5 era his 1st year in the AL.

Zito will be fine and better off in the NL, I think the mets would agree.

Do Jeff Suppan and Jeff Weaver ring a bell? Both AL punchbags turned solid NL pitchers. The list goes on if you do some research into it...... since 2004 the leagues have been lopsided in favor of AL dominance (not that it matters once game 1 of the WS is played) but it is a fact that the AL is much stronger than the Nl.

Believe what you want, I know facts wont convince you NL yahoos, so I'll just drop the subject. ;)

What about Beckett? He had a 5 era his 1st year in the AL.

Zito will be fine and better off in the NL, I think the mets would agree.

Do Jeff Suppan and Jeff Weaver ring a bell? Both AL punchbags turned solid NL pitchers. The list goes if you do some research into it, since 2004 the leagues have been lopsided in favor of AL dominance (not that it matters once game 1 of the WS is played) but it is a fact the AL is much stronger than the Nl.

Believe what you want, I know facts wont convince you NL yahoos, so I'll just drop the subject. ;)

again,, how silly,, you say Becket 1st year,, what about 2nd year,, FACT,, you say Zito WILL be better , CONJECTURE,, he is NOT better so far ,, FACT

game, set , match,, AL Yahoo loses ,, without a fight, just like his Yanks :P

Madmike posting arguments live in barton,,

I have yet to see you bring any lists of hitters from divisions other than the AL east to support your arguement. Do alittle research and get back to me before you throw the child card at me - real mature.

Jeter, Arod, Matsui, Posada, Manny, Ortiz, Lowell, Youlkilis, Abreu, Damon, Cano, Drew, Giambi, Tejada, Markakis, Hernandez, Vernon Wells, Overbay, Rios, Glaus, Hill, Crawford, Upton, Young, Baldelli, Iwamura.

Thats 26 good hitters, representing players from EVERY team in the AL East. There's your freakin number, which I posted about 3 pages ago but I guess you skipped over it......

BARTON-FACT-

The NL East has scored as many runs (roughly) as the AL East teams. WITHOUT a DH.

Kinda hurts your argument a little bit.

BARTON-FACT-

The NL East has scored as many runs (roughly) as the AL East teams. WITHOUT a DH.

Kinda hurts your argument a little bit.

Not. When. The. AL. Has. Much. Better. Pitching.

I'm going in circles here, scott. I think its best to just agree to disagree despite myself not seeing a list of good hitters from another division thats more or even close in amount to the 26 good mlb hitters the AL east has.

You're too much Barton. Last year you would kill Drew, Lowell, Youk in every discussion and now to support your argument they're suddenly big time hitters.

Your list is weak as well.

Ramon Hernandez???....if I wanted to get to that level I'd list AJ from the WSox.

Delmon Young--Casey Blake.

Baldelli?????? What has he ever done?

Hill, Upton and Iwamura who I like, have proven nothing so far except that they've had two good months. ...I guess I can list Barfield from Cleveland or Polonco.

Overbay- Mark Teahan(KC)

Maybe you should honor your take the season off bet afterall if you have to insist everything is Yankee and AL East superiority.

wow relax, really.

I dont know why you NL yahoos take it so personal, who really cares? I wish the Yankees played in such a crappy league. Good for the Mets to take advantage of that (not being sarcastic here), you play the card your dealt thats the way it is.

btw I never said big time hitters, I said "good hitters". Baldelli has had a couple good years fwiw, and Upton is def the real deal, he was a huge prospect. I dont think I ever killed youks though, aside from his appearance.

Not. When. The. AL. Has. Much. Better. Pitching.

I'm going in circles here, scott. I think its best to just agree to disagree despite myself not seeing a list of good hitters from another division thats more or even close in amount to the 26 good mlb hitters the AL east has.

First you said line-ups, now you are saying hitters.

Which is it? There is a big difference.

I showed you one division which has scored as many runs as the AL East, even without the benefit of the DH.

Maybe the AL EAst has better hitters. But not better line-ups. But who would really care?

I showed you one division which has scored as many runs as the AL East, even without the benefit of the DH.

Maybe the AL EAst has better hitters. But not better line-ups. But who would really care?

I understand your need to nitpick every comment and expose any slight error by a Yankee fan, but do you personally expect a pitcher to have a better ERA in the AL East or NL West?

again, IMHO, Yanks would be 4th in NL-E behind Mets/Braves/Phils,,maybe 5th behind Marlins to boot..

again, IMHO, Yanks would be 4th in NL-E behind Mets/Braves/Phils,,maybe 5th behind Marlins to boot..

Who gives a crap about your opinion;)

It's where they end up that matters

That;s all that matters

Who gives a crap about your opinion;)

It's where they end up that matters

That;s all that matters

OK,, glad to see you are top of your posting game :confused:

I understand your need to nitpick every comment and expose any slight error by a Yankee fan, but do you personally expect a pitcher to have a better ERA in the AL East or NL West?

Where did I once mention ERA?

Barton said the the best line-ups are in the AL East. I pointed out to him that the NL East had relatively the same amount of runs scored, to date this season. That being done without the DH.

That makes it a hard argument to fathom that the most "intimidating" line-ups are AL East.

That is all. Nothing about ERA.

Lets just agree to disagee, but when I say the AL east has the greater amount of hitters that automatically translates (IMO) to them having the tuffest lineups (as a whole division, top to bottom), in the entire league.

Where did I once mention ERA?

Barton said the the best line-ups are in the AL East. I pointed out to him that the NL East had relatively the same amount of runs scored, to date this season. That being done without the DH.

That makes it a hard argument to fathom that the most "intimidating" line-ups are AL East.

That is all. Nothing about ERA.

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, good pitching beats good hitting.

Thats likely the case of the al east pitching vs al east hitting thats dragging down the runs scored total of AL East ballclubs. So while (IMO) the AL east has the greatest amount of hitters and the most complete division top to bottom with the best lineups, they arent gonna lead all divisions in runs scored because the pitching in the AL East is better than most divisions (perhaps not all, but better than at least half the divisions in MLB). There are alot of great pitchers in the AL east.

And its safe to say Randy Johnson greatly benefits moving to the NL West and getting out of the AL East, which is where the whole arguement really stemmed out from.

I just woke up, but now I am tired again!!! :)

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, good pitching beats good hitting.

Thats likely the case of the al east pitching vs al east hitting thats dragging down the runs scored total of AL East ballclubs. So while (IMO) the AL east has the greatest amount of hitters and the most complete division top to bottom with the best lineups, they arent gonna lead all divisions in runs scored because the pitching in the AL East is better than most divisions (perhaps not all, but better than at least half the divisions in MLB). There are alot of great pitchers in the AL east.

And its safe to say Randy Johnson greatly benefits moving to the NL West and getting out of the AL East, which is where the whole arguement really stemmed out from.

I just woke up, but now I am tired again!!! :)

Boy, for all that great hitting, and all that great pitching, the teams in the AL East (outside the Red Sox) sure are losing a lot oif gamnes even outside their division.

I guess it must be since they have the best hitting, and the best pitching, they have the worst luck.

Boy, for all that great hitting, and all that great pitching, the teams in the AL East (outside the Red Sox) sure are losing a lot oif gamnes even outside their division.

I guess it must be since they have the best hitting, and the best pitching, they have the worst luck.

In all honestly, dont count on the Yankees or Jays finishing below .500, to say the least.

hahaahah

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

POTW Nom

classic destruction ..

best pitching, best hitting but really really bad luck,,hahahahahahahha

hahaahah

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

POTW Nom

classic destruction ..

best pitching, best hitting but really really bad luck,,hahahahahahahha

:character41: ok southernjet. I wasnt gonna do it, but now I will. I'll gladly bump up this thread in due time.

Like I said, do some research on the translations of former NL players to the AL and get back to me. You wont be laughing for long.

:character41: ok southernjet. I wasnt gonna do it, but now I will. I'll gladly bump up this thread in due time.

Like I said, do some research on the translations of former NL players to the AL and get back to me. You wont be laughing for long.

haha,, you never quit,, thats same line you used to tick, tick, tick last year,, BUT YOU NEVER BUMPED IT UP,,hahahahahahahaha

Barton, here. I will do you teh favor of stooping to your ridiculous quotient of PLAYERS, rather than line-ups.

I did a pretty quick analysis of top 10 players at each position-subjective, I will garnt you. Here is how my top 10 broke down by league:

C- AL dominates this position

1B-NL has this one

2B-I generously called this even

SS-NL has it easily

3B another NL position

OF-AL gets this easily

Granted, a subjective opinion, but I tried to make it non-subjective by showing you runs scored, which you pooh-poohed.

I don't agree with your opinion that the AL East has fiercer hitters, or the AL in total.

As you said, we can agree to disagree.

Barton, here. I will do you teh favor of stooping to your ridiculous quotient of PLAYERS, rather than line-ups.

I did a pretty quick analysis of top 10 players at each position-subjective, I will garnt you. Here is how my top 10 broke down by league:

C- AL dominates this position

1B-NL has this one

2B-I generously called this even

SS-NL has it easily

3B another NL position

OF-AL gets this easily

Granted, a subjective opinion, but I tried to make it non-subjective by showing you runs scored, which you pooh-poohed.

I don't agree with your opinion that the AL East has fiercer hitters, or the AL in total.

As you said, we can agree to disagree.

Not sure how the NL dominates the SS position...AL has Jeter, Young, Tejada, Guillen, Peralta and Cabrera. NL has Reyes, Rollins, Hanley, Furcal, Hardy, Renteria. Pretty close, but an NL edge you can say to some degree.

Ok. Agree to disagree. :)