A Rod is the MAN

nj meadowlands

All I know is, if this happened to the Yanks, fans would be up in arms about it. We'd be hearing how the Yankees would never do that, it's not the "Yankee Way".

Congrats on winning a game.

Should be a good, fun weekend.

Wow great argument lol. The only thing I would be up in arms about is that someone on the Yankees would be stupid enough to fall for that trick.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me re-phrase...

The Jays player that fell for this sucks.

Haha this is great. Now that people realize what A-Rod did is a common thing, they're getting further and further away from talking about the actual play. Too funny.

Haha this is great. Now that people realize what A-Rod did is a common thing, they're getting further and further away from talking about the actual play. Too funny.

Pat Tabler said that he'd never seen it, in 17 years of ball.

You have a future when Sterling, Waldman and Kay retire....Masonjet too.;)

Funny. Too bad Fernando Vina, Dusty Baker, and that other guy on BBTN were practically laughing at the thought that there was something wrong with what A-Rod did.

Oh, and, according to Thor. I shouldn't say f*cking. I mean I've probably done that on half of my posts here at JN but now I'm "not supposed to." :rofl:

Funny. Too bad Fernando Vina, Dusty Baker, and that other guy on BBTN were practically laughing at the thought that there was something wrong with what A-Rod did.

Oh, and, according to Thor. I shouldn't say f*cking. I mean I've probably done that on half of my posts here at JN but now I'm "not supposed to." :rofl:

http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=AROD&Find=Search&source=b_sports

video to the right.

JetNation Site Rules The rules here are simple:

1. Post your sports topics in the appropriate sports forum.

2. If your thread is off-topic then it goes in the Lounge. No exceptions. The NFL Talk\Jets forum is for football talk only.

3. No pictures containing nudity may be posted. Any nude pictures that you feel like sharing should be emailed to: smizzy@jetnation.com. If your nude picture contains leather please cc: thegunofbavaria@jetnation.com

4. Political Discussions are forbidden. Same goes for talk about religion. Why? Because these conversations don

Same thing as an outfielder deking a runner that he is going to catch the ball when it is short.

no it's not. the reason guys call for the ball is so that they don't slam into one another and get injured. if some jackass like a-rod does this, next time someone calls for the ball, there's a seed of doubt in the fielder's head. maybe he goes for the ball anyway and a tragedy ensues.

shameful

crap like this is not part of the game.

by the way, listen to what big leaguers say. this is not a common play because most players have some respect for the game. I think Luis Gonzalez would know more about this than Yankee fans.

a-rod is a liar and tries to justify the crap he pulls by saying everybody does it. totally not true.

no it's not. the reason guys call for the ball is so that they don't slam into one another and get injured. if some jackass like a-rod does this, next time someone calls for the ball, there's a seed of doubt in the fielder's head. maybe he goes for the ball anyway and a tragedy ensues.

shameful

crap like this is not part of the game.

Bingo.

by the way, listen to what big leaguers say. this is not a common play because most players have some respect for the game. I think Luis Gonzalez would know more about this than Yankee fans.

a-rod is a liar and tries to justify the crap he pulls by saying everybody does it. totally not true.

Funny...in 30 years of watching baseball I cannot remember ever seeing anything like that.

Funny...in 30 years of watching baseball I cannot remember ever seeing anything like that.

Thats because IT NEVER WORKS.

Just because it doesnt work, doesnt mean it doesnt actually happen (players saying things rounding the bases as a popup is in the air). You wouldnt be hearing about this if the stupid schmuck caught the freakin ball.

It happens, there's no doubt about it, it just never actually works. Its still alittle bush league by Arod, but the 3rd baseman is still a fool.

Saw an interview with Goose Gossage on ESPN this morning. He said he has never even heard of someone doing this, and if they did, he would go headhunting.

But, I guess if Dusty Baker and Fernando Vina say it's cool, then it must be cool.

Saw an interview with Goose Gossage on ESPN this morning. He said he has never even heard of someone doing this, and if they did, he would go headhunting.

But, I guess if Dusty Baker and Fernando Vina say it's cool, then it must be cool.

Seeing as how Vina and Baker have actually been in the game sometime in the last 10 years their opinion is probably a little more valid. Also Vina was an infielder himself and experienced a play that actually was bush league from Albert Belle.

But whatever, I wouldn't want to interrupt this Yankee hater circle jerk/whine fest.

Seeing as how Vina and Baker have actually been in the game sometime in the last 10 years their opinion is probably a little more valid. Also Vina was an infielder himself and experienced a play that actually was bush league from Albert Belle.

But whatever, I wouldn't want to interrupt this Yankee hater circle jerk/whine fest.

Dusty Baker is the same guy that said he doesn't want guys to walk because they "clog up the basepaths". He is the same guy that ran Prior, Wood, and Zambrano into the ground. He is the same guy that found a way to get Neifi Perez into his lineup every single day. He is a horrible manager and he doesn't know jack **** about baseball.

I guess if Steve Phillips would have agreed with you, you would call him valid too.

Dusty Baker is the same guy that said he doesn't want guys to walk because they "clog up the basepaths". He is the same guy that ran Prior, Wood, and Zambrano into the ground. He is the same guy that found a way to get Neifi Perez into his lineup every single day. He is a horrible manager and he doesn't know jack **** about baseball.

I guess if Steve Phillips would have agreed with you, you would call him valid too.

I don't know how any of this even remotely relates to the topic.

It relates to the topic because you are using Baker and Vina as your cheerleaders for condoning A-Rod's bush league play.

So how good of a manager Baker was has what to do with him saying that what A-Rod did wasn't bush league at all?

All of this crying about A-Rod is just getting pathetic now.

So how good of a manager Baker was has what to do with him saying that what A-Rod did wasn't bush league at all?

All of this crying about A-Rod is just getting pathetic now.

Scroll up a few posts. To the one where you called Baker's opinion "valid".

How can the opinion of an invalid be valid?

End of the 2nd or 3rd, Big Papi ran by A-rod as he caught the inning-ending popup, and apaprently made a comment. And as they were both coming off the field, seemed to be having a hearty chuckle about it.

Screw Joe Torre; he'll be out of a job in a few months anyway. He may even get crazy and argue with an umpire.

Archived