Justin Miller: Where's the ejector button?

rick34125

This is hilarious.

Justin Miller at Fleet Week being shown a military helicopter asks, "where's the ejector button?"

The instructor points up to the propellor and says "You don't eject out of a helicopter." :rl:

Here's the clip from newyorkjets.com

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

btw, Miller being featured on the jets website with his public appearance during fleet week is probably good news for him and his standing with the organization after his recent fiasco.

This is hilarious.

Justin Miller at Fleet Week being shown a military helicopter asks, "where's the ejector button?"

The instructor points up to the propellor and says "You don't eject out of a helicopter." :rl:

Here's the clip from newyorkjets.com

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

btw, Miller being featured on the jets website with his public appearance during fleet week is probably good news for him and his standing with the organization after his recent fiasco.

:rl: Well, nobody ever accused him of having any common sense.

That is pretty funny, I guess the PR spin job is on in regards to Miller. I also like when he says "I'm not getting in the air though, I'm afraid of heights". I guess he'll be taking the Madden cruiser to all of the away games....

Miller is a big part of this team, and If we are going to make a " Run " he would have to step it up big time.

Miller is a good KR, he's not even close to being a "big part" of your team.

Miller is a good KR, he's not even close to being a "big part" of your team.

So you are telling me that the field position that he gives the jets is not a "big part" of the team? People tend to forget that special teams are 1/3 of the game and just as big as a contribution as everything else.

So you are telling me that the field position that he gives the jets is not a "big part" of the team? People tend to forget that special teams are 1/3 of the game and just as big as a contribution as everything else.

Look at the Jets average points last season and then ask me that question again. He scored what? Two touchdowns last season? That is not a big part of a team.

He led the league in returning.

But whatever makes you sleep at night Alk :)

I know he led the league in returns. If that makes him a big part of your team then the Jets offense was even more pathetic than I had originally thought. It really wasn't a knock but as usual it was taken that way. I don't care who the player is, a KR is not a "big part" of a team unless he scores like 15 tds.

it may not only be about scoring points. i would think field position is pretty important too.

if there's such a stat, i'd be interested to know the points scored by the offense after a kickoff when given good field position vs. avg field position.

At the cost of your integrity?

You cannot preach "we want people with honor, morals and integrity who can represent the league and team in the public's eye."

Then when a player with a modest amount of talent, not record shattering talent mind you, but a league leader in KOs by .03 yards gets in trouble you look the other way.

What type of message does that send to your team and public? It says the leaders of this team are talking out their ass. Envision that ESPN News commercial. That is what Mangini will look like every time he talks to the team if Miller is guilty and gets off with a slap on the wrist.

Then the next player with one special skill will feel they should get off also.

It would send a terrible message and all the credibility Mangini got in year one would be flushed in year in a second.

You cannot preach "we want people with honor, morals and integrity who can represent the league and team in the public's eye."

Then when a player with a modest amount of talent, not record shattering talent mind you, but a league leader in KOs by .03 yards gets in trouble you look the other way.

What type of message does that send to your team and public? It says the leaders of this team are talking out their ass. Envision that ESPN News commercial. That is what Mangini will look like every time he talks to the team if Miller is guilty and gets off with a slap on the wrist.

It would send a terrible message and all the credibility Mangini got in year one would be flushed in year in a second.

Nothing like an inflated argument when you don't even know any of the facts.

What crime exactly is Miller guilty of if he's guilty?

And if he is guilty of a crime, which would be his first while in the NFL, what punishment would you consider not a slap on the wrist?

In other news, Joey Porter was found guilty of Battery. He cold have received punishment ranging from a $1,000 fine to 1 year in jail. Guess what he got? I'm sorry, but punching people does not rank very high on the immoral scale these days, sometimes even if it involves a woman. Yes, Miller will likely see some sort of reprimand, but to say that keeping Miller around and letting him off with a slap on the wrist does not fit the moral standards set by the FO is a bit of a reach. He will be punished, maybe a game or two suspension at most, but he will be returning kicks for the green and white this year. The Jets are far from "looking the other way" b/c of JM's skill set; HA! How many people do you think got away with punching someone at a club in NYC last night alone??? This is just not that serious of an event.

In other news, Joey Porter was found guilty of Battery. He cold have received punishment ranging from a $1,000 fine to 1 year in jail. Guess what he got? I'm sorry, but punching people does not rank very high on the immoral scale these days, sometimes even if it involves a woman. Yes, Miller will likely see some sort of reprimand, but to say that keeping Miller around and letting him off with a slap on the wrist does not fit the moral standards set by the FO is a bit of a reach. He will be punished, maybe a game or two suspension at most, but he will be returning kicks for the green and white this year. The Jets are far from "looking the other way" b/c of JM's skill set; HA! How many people do you think got away with punching someone at a club in NYC last night alone??? This is just not that serious of an event.

well said.... i would be surprised if he even gets suspended for this. maybe a game tops. its his first offense while in the nfl besides and no need to go overboard with it. i think it will amount to just a fine from the league and the team if the facts are pretty much what they appear to be now.

I guess the Patsies need something to bash Mangini about...

Hardly. He has done a great job.

You miss the point. There have been quite a few on this board that are more then willing to look the other way and let him play because a skill set. he might be innocent, or he might be guilty of battery and running from the police after that incident. Look at your fellow deciphils of the Jet Nation. They preach Mangini is going for character guys. Not me. I am just pointing out, if they preach the Faith of Mangini, then he is going to get slammed if he is guilty.

Nothing like an inflated argument when you don't even know any of the facts.

What crime exactly is Miller guilty of if he's guilty?

And if he is guilty of a crime, which would be his first while in the NFL, what punishment would you consider not a slap on the wrist?

Go look at the responses of those defending him.

"We cannot suspend him....he is a talented player."

If you judge the moral compass of the Jets by the fans, that team is in sad shape. Again, if the story is fabricated...finer let him play. However, if he did strike a woman after being turned down and then ran from the cops. Slam him.

You miss the point. There have been quite a few on this board that are more then willing to look the other way and let him play because a skill set. he might be innocent, or he might be guilty of battery and running from the police after that incident. Look at your fellow deciphils of the Jet Nation. They preach Mangini is going for character guys. Not me. I am just pointing out, if they preach the Faith of Mangini, then he is going to get slammed if he is guilty.

Fair enough, but Mangini going for character guys is irrelevant here, as Miller was signed up when he got here; he was Herm's "risky project" or whatever. Nevertheless, they may be looking to acquire character guys, but they cannot just dump players and Miller had yet to f'up until now. I agree, however, that the action the FO takes with Miller will set the precedence for future f'ups, but I do not think they will rid themselves of Miller completely over this.

:rl: This is hysterical coming from a Patsie troll considering your recent additions. :pats:

:rl: This is hysterical coming from a Patsie troll considering your recent additions. :pats:

When was Moss or Merriweather last arrested?

Moss bad teammate and loafer? Yes. Battery and running from the police? Um....no.

Merriweather pulled a legally licensed gun and shot at people that shot at him and a friend. Then after about three cheapshots against him and teammates retaliated against FIU. Did he lose his cool? Yes, obviously. Was it warranted? No. Is it understandable? Yes.

Is it understandable? Yes.

He was the one kicking the guy in the head in the FIU brawl, right?

Please do not try to justify his actions. Bellyache is on record as saying he selected the guy based on his passion for the game. He also acknowledged the fact that it is a risk due to his character issues.

We have not even entered discussion on Stallworth. You cannot attack the Jets for the actions of Miller, especially when you have no idea as to what kind of punishment the Jets will dole out. The Patriots have obviously thrown the character clause out the window this off-season and we shall see if that venture is profitable or disaster in a bottle...

He was the one kicking the guy in the head in the FIU brawl, right?

Please do not try to justify his actions. Bellyache is on record as saying he selected the guy based on his passion for the game. He also acknowledged the fact that it is a risk due to his character issues.

We have not even entered discussion on Stallworth. You cannot attack the Jets for the actions of Miller, especially when you have no idea as to what kind of punishment the Jets will dole out. The Patriots have obviously thrown the character clause out the window this off-season and we shall see if that venture is profitable or disaster in a bottle...

Justify? No. Understandable? Yes.

I am not condoning the brawl and Merriweather's actions in it. His teammates and him were involved in three cheap shots from FIU players. There were no calls against them. On the play before the brawl it happened again. Of course, he was suspended for his actions.

Heat of the action he lost his mind and paid for it.

Again, please point out where the Patriots changed their tactics? They have signed 'troubled' players in the past. That is not new.

Justify? No. Understandable? Yes.

I am not condoning the brawl and Merriweather's actions in it. His teammates and him were involved in three cheap shots from FIU players. There were no calls against them. On the play before the brawl it happened again. Of course, he was suspended for his actions.

Heat of the action he lost his mind and paid for it.

Again, please point out where the Patriots changed their tactics? They have signed 'troubled' players in the past. That is not new.

Are you serious?

The only other 'troubled' player they have picked up over the past three or four years ago (until now) was Corey Dillon. Other then that Bellicheck's plan was to pick up the good character prospects. Bellicheck was able to keep Dillon under wraps because for one, he filled the rest of the team with high character prospects, and second, he had a good backup RB perfectly capable of taking Dillon's spot should he F up. This offseason, The Patsies have completely loaded up on guys with character issues and have no fallback options to keep them in check. I think the Pats offseason shows two things, fear and desperation...Unfortunately for them, I dont think their offseason will help them overcome either their fear or desperation.

Are you serious?

The only other 'troubled' player they have picked up over the past three or four years ago (until now) was Corey Dillon. Other then that Bellicheck's plan was to pick up the good character prospects. Bellicheck was able to keep Dillon under wraps because for one, he filled the rest of the team with high character prospects, and second, he had a good backup RB perfectly capable of taking Dillon's spot should he F up. This offseason, The Patsies have completely loaded up on guys with character issues and have no fallback options to keep them in check. I think the Pats offseason shows two things, fear and desperation...Unfortunately for them, I dont think their offseason will help them overcome either their fear or desperation.

Fear of what....the Jets? :rl: That is funny.

Fear of what....the Jets? :rl: That is funny.

Well besides the obvious of not being able to get it done and the glory day s of the NE are over, hell yeah the Jets, Unlike you, your coach is smart as hell, probably the best in the bisuness and he knows a threat when he plays one. Last year is proof enough. Not to mention most Patriot player already know how good a coach Eric is, Bill definetly does and with The jets building a championship team here, the Pats had to take to extremes to try and hold on to the AFC east. Face it, you guys dont have alock anymore and soon the first round bye wil be gone lol, we are probably going to be the one to eliminate you, hell you guys might lose to the dolphins this year

I should probably point out that Millers question wasn't, in fact, all that stupid. Since there are several military type helicopters that you CAN eject from. Safely. The rotorblades are released a second before the pilot ejects. Maybe he had seen that somewhere?

Don't get me wrong, I like laughing at stupid people as much as the next guy, (yes, even at myself) but there are better examples of athletes saying silly stuff.

Well besides the obvious of not being able to get it done and the glory day s of the NE are over, hell yeah the Jets, Unlike you, your coach is smart as hell, probably the best in the bisuness and he knows a threat when he plays one. Last year is proof enough. Not to mention most Patriot player already know how good a coach Eric is, Bill definetly does and with The jets building a championship team here, the Pats had to take to extremes to try and hold on to the AFC east. Face it, you guys dont have alock anymore and soon the first round bye wil be gone lol, we are probably going to be the one to eliminate you, hell you guys might lose to the dolphins this year

Clueless.

First, we have not had the first round bye since 2004.

Second, we usually lose to the Dolphins every year. The exceptions to that happening in 2003 and before that 1997.

Last the Patriots are not building to beat the Jets. We did that last year in 2 of 3 games without the receivers and Adalius. The Patriots' additions are to dethrone the Colts and hold off the Chargers. The Colts are the team that has beaten us three straight times and in the playoffs last year. As long as Chad is on your team, the Jets are not a threat to anyone.

Why else would they load up?

The Dolphins?

To beat the Colts and hold off the Chargers.

We beat you by 2 games last year. We could field the same team and again beat you by 2 games.

The Patriots are gearing to make a run at the Colts and Chargers.

Those are the Patriots' threats. Not the Jets. :rl:

Archived