• David Ortiz
    • Brian Roberts
    • Gary Sheffield
    • Derrek Lee

1-Albert Pujols

2-Vlad Guerrero

3-Alex Rodriguez

we need more voters :evil:

i am a huge yankee fan, but until arod does something in a big game, or better yet a big series he does not belong on that list. arod abuses avg and velow average pitching and has not shown up in big at bats or big games. i would put sheffield ahead of arod any day of the week.

This might sound nuts, but if I was starting a team and I could snatch any player in baseball in an expansion draft, I would take Ichiro

Great RF with a bazooka for an arm ... awesome speed on the bases ... and a Great {GREAT!!!!!!!!} leadoff hitter

I can find another clean-up hitter ... there are a slew of outstanding #3 and #4 type hitters in baseball ... but Ichiro is BY FAR the best leadoff hitter in the Game ... right there with Rod Carew and Tony Gwynn for the best contact hitter I have ever seen ... and in RF he reminds me of Roberto Clemente

i am a huge yankee fan, but until arod does something in a big game, or better yet a big series he does not belong on that list. arod abuses avg and velow average pitching and has not shown up in big at bats or big games. i would put sheffield ahead of arod any day of the week.

'

tell that to everyone who voted for a-rod for #3 in my thread last week :-s

Ham you are right on about Ichiro. For a guy his size to have the arm that he does, it is nothing short of amazing. He has a cannon.

His speed guarantees that he will always have a pretty sick OBP as well.

Ham you are right on about Ichiro. For a guy his size to have the arm that he does, it is nothing short of amazing. He has a cannon.

His speed guarantees that he will always have a pretty sick OBP as well.

Max, when you consider his ability as an OF, running down balls most OF'ers can only dream about getting to, as well as his absolute bazooka for an arm ... then consider that he is RIGHT THERE with Ricky Henderson as an ALL-TIME GREAT leafoff hitter {these are the top two in my lifetime} ... then consider that as a contact hitter he is RIGHT THERE with the Greatest contact hitters of all-time ... then consider his amazing speed on the bases

Well, then you know why I would select him #1 Overall in an expansion draft if had the #1 Pick

'

tell that to everyone who voted for a-rod for #3 in my thread last week :-s

i didn't see the thread last week, but my opinion is the same. i would put tejada #2 behind pujols and then guerrero 3. you tell me, bases loaded bottom of the ninth w/2 out, who would you rather have up arod or sheffield?

i don't know if this is based on this year alone, but steroids not withstanding over the last few years bonds has been the best hitter we will probably ever see in our lifetime. the numbers he put up were absolutely mind-boggling and probably will never be repeated. he is the best hitter i have ever seen in my life.

Archived