Chiefs | L. Johnson to get more receptions this season

Smizzy

Chiefs | L. Johnson to get more receptions this season

Thu, 31 May 2007 12:35:06 -0700

Jason King, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards wants RB Larry Johnson to become more of a receiving threat this season. Edwards believes Johnson should have at least 60 receptions during the season. "If he catches 60 passes

Herm's an f'n moron. Kansas City should be getting LJ more into the passing game because of his bruising running ability, but, like Smizzy said, why announce it 3 months before the season begins? What a joke.

You guy might be overreacting just a little but that's probably due to the sour taste you all still have in your mouth. Coaches say stuff like this every year. Sure, teams know they are going to try to pass to LJ a little more now but so what. They don't know when or which plays it will be on. I seriously doubt that last season when a defense saw LJ come out of the backfield they just said "ahhh f#ck it, let him go they never throw to him anyway." What is ridiculous is the fact that LJ could wind up with 500 touches this season.

Well this obviously improves his stock. I'd say #2. It's hard to put anyone ahead of LT.

LT is a lock for the #1 spot, I think I'll still put Steven Jackson are going to do much more then LJ. The Chiefs offensive line is not what it used to be.

You guy might be overreacting just a little but that's probably due to the sour taste you all still have in your mouth. Coaches say stuff like this every year. Sure, teams know they are going to try to pass to LJ a little more now but so what. They don't know when or which plays it will be on. I seriously doubt that last season when a defense saw LJ come out of the backfield they just said "ahhh f#ck it, let him go they never throw to him anyway." What is ridiculous is the fact that LJ could wind up with 500 touches this season.

Do winning coaches ever say it?

BB, Dungy, Mangini?

The Chiefs drafted a WR in the 1st round and already have Tony Gonzalez. Objectively only a complete imbecile would make such a comment, if the Chiefs were run by a reputable coaching staff.

Today is June 1st.

Trent Green is standing by his mailbox with his laptop on his bank account, with his cell in hand, with Cam Cameron's number ready to be dialed, if his $ 7 million check from the KC Incompetents is not on top of the Pottery Barn Catologue or direct deposited by 5PM.

The Chiefs drafted a WR in the 1st round and already have Tony Gonzalez. Objectively only a complete imbecile would make such a comment, if the Chiefs were run by a reputable coaching staff.

Today is June 1st.

Trent Green is standing by his mailbox with his laptop on his bank account, with his cell in hand, with Cam Cameron's number ready to be dialed, if his $ 7 million check from the KC Incompetents is not on top of the Pottery Barn Catologue or direct deposited by 5PM.

:rl:=D> =D>

Do winning coaches ever say it?

BB, Dungy, Mangini?

I really couldn't say, I never paid attention to who it was that said stuff like that. Regardless of that, like I said I can't see how it matters. Do you really think defenses were just letting LJ waltz out of the backfield without putting anyone on him last season? This will have zero effect on the way teams gameplan for the Chiefs this season. It does give more fodder for Jets fans who just can't let Herm go though.

Thank you.

I really couldn't say, I never paid attention to who it was that said stuff like that. Regardless of that, like I said I can't see how it matters. Do you really think defenses were just letting LJ waltz out of the backfield without putting anyone on him last season? This will have zero effect on the way teams gameplan for the Chiefs this season. It does give more fodder for Jets fans who just can't let Herm go though.

alk, you're a pats fan & prolly don't spend much on jetboards so i'll fill ya in. We find this funny cause herm has a real history of sharing gameplans via microphone to the media prior to gameday. in our humble opinion, he's a buffoon who talks way too much to the media

alk, you're a pats fan & prolly don't spend much on jetboards so i'll fill ya in. We find this funny cause herm has a real history of sharing gameplans via microphone to the media prior to gameday. in our humble opinion, he's a buffoon who talks way too much to the media

I agree, there are plenty of times when he does talk to much but this is just grasping at straws IMO.

the announcement of wanting to get LJ the rock more aside, the fool really did say a pass is almost like a toss play. c'mon, now that's dumb.

You hear people saying that a screen pass is basically a run play all of the time. What's the difference?

I think you're forgetting who their coach is :)

Seriously... there will be 2 plays with this new "feature" and all of the other teams will spot it from a mile away and stop it...

Then Herm will say...

"well we tried something new but obviously didnt have the right pieces to get it done, next year we will bring in the right guys and it will work"

Herm is a retard,Why not just had out your playbook to the rest of the league you f'ing Idiot!!!

Because he doesnt want to get laughed at for all (2) of the stupid plays he uses. Run right for a yd, left for two, pass over the middle for 3 and punt.

I agree, there are plenty of times when he does talk to much but this is just grasping at straws IMO.

I actually agree, but my thing is...how much more of a beating do they want this guy to take. I know he said he wanted more carries last year, but as Jets fans will remember, Curtis wanted the ball with his knees all screwed up year before last...its just what RB's do, they ask for the ball as much as possible. Oh well...its not our team, so I suppose i really could care less.

Archived