Who's The Most Overrated Player In The NFL ?

Ghost

Apparently you didn't see the Texans, Giants, Colts, Bills, and Jaguars games. He took over as a rookie, and your calling him overrated ? I still don't believe it.

Gotta strongly agree with you, anyone whom says Vince Young is overrated is voicing a disagreeable opinion, saying he stinks is coming from someone whose obviously NEVER seen him play.

Stop looking at stats and try watching the guy play, his composure and energy is remarkable.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vince young is a baller that will WIN GAMES for his team... he can make "the play"

True, he's not a guy that will compile massive humongous stats, but the one stat he can get a team is indicated by a W.

He gets it done, flat out and simple, to say the VY didn't carry the Titans, and that he stinks is like saying Kobe didn't carry the Lakers this year and that he is mediocre.

Gotta strongly agree with you, anyone whom says Vince Young is overrated is voicing a disagreeable opinion, saying he stinks is coming from someone whose obviously NEVER seen him play.

Stop looking at stats and try watching the guy play, his composure and energy is remarkable.

I have seen him play, and he cant hit a WR in stride to save his life.

BTW, am I talking to a momo with a sig that says darrelle revis sucks? I guess you should practice what you preach.

Vince Young ?

Are you kidding ?

Why is Vince Young not over-rated? He made a few nice plays with his feet, ala Michael Vick in his rookie season, threw more interceptions then touchdown's and was in accurate passer. Everything in Vince Young points to a replica of Michael Vick with maybe a tad bit more accuracy.

Probably vick with D-nabb being a close second. He has talent but is never on the field.

Neither Vick nor D-nabb...At this point, everyone knows they suck.

The most overrated may be John Lynch, and the most overpaid is definately Nate Clements.

Why is Vince Young not over-rated? He made a few nice plays with his feet, ala Michael Vick in his rookie season, threw more interceptions then touchdown's and was in accurate passer. Everything in Vince Young points to a replica of Michael Vick with maybe a tad bit more accuracy.

didnt he have alot of game winning drives?

Neither Vick nor D-nabb...At this point, everyone knows they suck.

The most overrated may be John Lynch, and the most overpaid is definately Nate Clements.

yeah mcnabb must suck, no receivers 4 nfc championship games, and a super bowl appreance would suck. It would have really sucked if the Jets would have had that instead of Penny.

QB--Tony Romo...at least Vick makes smart plays with his feet every now and then, plus Romo has more weapons.

RB--Ronnie Brown..he hasn't ever been GREAT without a back to share the load, either Ricky or Cadillac.

WR--Randy Moss...he will most likely be removed from this list with Brady, and the thought of a ring dancing around in his head, but he hasn't been worth anything the past couple years in Oakland, yet he's still treated like the games best wideout by some. If Fitzgerald and Boldin before him could be great in 'Zona, or Roy Williams in Detroit, Moss could have done something in Oakland---he just chose not to.

I know the original poster said one, but it was hard to pick one of those three...so thats why i put all of them

Apparently you didn't see the Texans, Giants, Colts, Bills, and Jaguars games. He took over as a rookie, and your calling him overrated ? I still don't believe it.

Apparently YOU didn't watch the Jaguars game, since that was a game in which Vince Young led the Titans to exactly THREE points and completed 8 passes for 85 yards. Their DEFENSE (the real thing that carried them) scored three touchdowns that day. Vince also made a complete bonehead play by throwing the ball out of bounds with a minute left, which gave Jacksonville another chance on offense.

This is a guy that only threw for over 200 yards FOUR times, and we are told he's the second coming at the QB position. Vince Young is the very definition of over-rated. He is Michael Vick, circa 2002.

Apparently YOU didn't watch the Jaguars game, since that was a game in which Vince Young led the Titans to exactly THREE points and completed 8 passes for 85 yards. Their DEFENSE (the real thing that carried them) scored three touchdowns that day. Vince also made a complete bonehead play by throwing the ball out of bounds with a minute left, which gave Jacksonville another chance on offense.

This is a guy that only threw for over 200 yards FOUR times, and we are told he's the second coming at the QB position. Vince Young is the very definition of over-rated. He is Michael Vick, circa 2002.

He's still young (no pun intended) so he might develop into more than Vick down the road. T.O. gets my vote for most over rated. For the amount ot moolah he got from Jerry Jones last year I saw him drop a lot of passes when he was wide open.

It seemed like every Titan fan believed in him, especially late in games. He had 3 GW drives, overrated ?

I'm talking about the other Jaguars game they played, they played eachother twice last year.

What's funny is the guy that ACTUALLY carried the Titans won't even be able to play.

For those playing at home, I'm talking about Pacman Jones.

What's funny is the guy that ACTUALLY carried the Titans won't even be able to play.

For those playing at home, I'm talking about Pacman Jones.

No chit. I wonder when this V. Young circle jerk is going to end? probably when they find **** fighting in his basement

You guys are kidding right ?

Vince Young carried the entire Titan organization on his shoulder as a ROOKIE. They ended up 8-8 and ohmost making the playoffs just because of Vince. I wanna ask you a quick question..You'll take Vince Young over Pennington righttttttt ?

Vince Young did not in any way shape or form carry the titans this season.

The most underated guy in the NFL did- Travis Henry

check how good Vince Young stats were when henry didnt perform (not that often)

Travis Henry was amazing last year but didnt get any attention because of Vince young. He provided the running game that Vince will not have this year, hence, he will flat out suck.

Thomas Jones. The guy could'nt break 1,000 yards till his 6th season, and the Jets gave up a 2nd for this walking turd who is about to start his 8th year in the league. Nice job N.Y. He can't even carry Ronnie Browns jockstrap.

No , they moved down in the second round to get him. didnt give up much at all.

By the way Thomas Jones has literally been the Bears offence the last 2yrs. Defences knew they were going to run him and they still couldnt stop him.He is underated if anything.

No moron, they moved down in the second round to get him. didnt give up much at all.

By the way Thomas Jones has literally been the Bears offence the last 2yrs. Defences knew they were going to run him and they still couldnt stop him.He is underated if anything.

Underated? He's starting his 8th year and he has exactly 2 1,000 yard seasons. He sucks. There is a reason the Jets are the 4th team that he has played for... He's no good. He can't break a long run, has average hands and has never caught a recieving TD.

I also doubt that he was the Bears offense, what with his paltry 6 TD'S last year.

Underated? He's starting his 8th year and he has exactly 2 1,000 yard seasons. He sucks. There is a reason the Jets are the 4th team that he has played for... He's no good. He can't break a long run, has average hands and has never caught a recieving TD.

I also doubt that he was the Bears offense, what with his paltry 6 TD'S last year.

it's like talking to a dolphin fan, just gotta let it slide, and take a good long look at their linebacking corps.

:rl:

He didn't have a lot, he had a couple, much like a young Vick had a few, because of his legs.

Plus, his D, Henry and/or Pacman bailed him out a few times in games against Houston, Phildelphia, Jacksonville.

I think he will be good to very good, but his hype was a tad over blown at times.

it's like talking to a dolphin fan, just gotta let it slide, and take a good long look at their linebacking corps.

:rl:

Espn / NFL Live Mark Schlereth Just ranked the Top NFL LBS

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. San Diego Chargers

3. Miami Dolphins

4. Seattle Seahawks

5. New England Patriots

Keep looking buttercup.

Espn / NFL Live Mark Schlereth Just ranked the Top NFL LBS

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. San Diego Chargers

3. Miami Dolphins

4. Seattle Seahawks

5. New England Patriots

Keep looking buttercup.

Please note that list could also to be bottom five whenever ESPN tries to do a list...what a joke, i wish i could rub more of your losing seasons in your face, the past few just haven't been enough. I guess i'll settle for your old timers and Sir Cleo mowing Daunte's lawn.

Mark Sclereth is a fool if he ranks Miami's linebackers ahead of New England.

Taylor, Thomas, Crowder & who?

vs.

Thomas, Bruschi, Vrabel & Colvin

Also, just the combination of Julian Peterson and Lofa Tatupu should edge out Miami.

Mark Sclereth is a fool if he ranks Miami's linebackers ahead of New England.

Taylor, Thomas, Crowder & who?

vs.

Thomas, Bruschi, Vrabel & Colvin

Also, just the combination of Julian Peterson and Lofa Tatupu should edge out Miami.

Quick lesson in football for you, so that next time you don't look like the guy talking from his ass in ESPN. Taylor is a Defensive End not a linebacker. Our outside linebackers are Porter and Crowder and our inside backer is Zack Thomas... You remeber Zack, led the league in tackles in 06' also went to the Pro Bowl. He almost sent Coles to an early retirement on Christmas.

Quick lesson in football for you, so that next time you don't look like the guy talking from his ass in ESPN. Taylor is a Defensive End not a linebacker. Our outside linebackers are Porter and Crowder and our inside backer is Zack Thomas... You remeber Zack, led the league in tackles in 06' also went to the Pro Bowl. He almost sent Coles to an early retirement on Christmas.

He actually had a cheap shot right a Coles chin (which is why it got cut open so dont deny it)...

And it didnt send him anywhere but back on the field and led to a victory over Thomas and the dolphins that day...

Coles owned Zach Thomas on Christmas... Coles got the W and went to the playoffs, Thomas lost and played some golf.

Of course Thomas had a ton of tackles... teams just kept running it at the dolphins.. it wasnt like they were going to have a scoring shootout with them...

"He actually had a cheap shot right a Coles chin (which is why it got cut open so dont deny it)..." That funny, I was at the game and I clearly remember that no penalty was called, so it was clean.

it wasnt like they were going to have a scoring shootout with them.... With Pennington throwing, I don't suggest you get into a shootout with anyone.

With Pennington throwing, I don't suggest you get into a shootout with anyone.

CLEO LEMON

Pennington > Any Dolphins QB on the roster

:sign0090:

Your team lost that game, you cannot hang your hat on a questionable hit that took a WR out of the game for a few plays... not really that big of a deal WHEN THEY LOST.

Archived