Who's The Most Overrated Player In The NFL ?

Ghost

stop crying.

How about YOU stop acting like a little baby. You piss everyone off, just so you know.

AND VINCE YOUNG SUCKS.

If I think Vince young sucks that is my opinion, you dont give reg rep on that when there is more than enough proof to show that he sucks. Grow the f up.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vince Youngs OT winning TD run was enough to get people off his back for this year... let the Kid show what he has before we choose one way or another.

He reminds me far to much of Mike Vick, only with a strange delivery. I'm not saying he's bad, I'm not saying he's great, I'm saying he's overrated.

And someone who has the "Derrel Revis sucks foundation" in their sig, may need to refrain from speaking, IMO.

How about YOU stop acting like a little baby. You piss everyone off, just so you know.

AND VINCE YOUNG SUCKS.

If I think Vince young sucks that is my opinion, you dont give reg rep on that when there is more than enough proof to show that he sucks. Grow the f up.

Okay, I'm not saying he isn't overrated, he gets way too much press.. but to say he sucks is an opinion which is obviously out of anger.

Try to avoid insults, and make a point on how he sucks.

And you must feel really "important" calling someone 13 years old don't you? Instead of that cliche "You must be (insert age) years old huh,kid?" try using an actual veritable point in discussing how Vince Young "sucks" as you so eloquently put it.

Okay, I'm not saying he isn't overrated, he gets way too much press.. but to say he sucks is an opinion which is obviously out of anger.

And you must feel really "important" calling someone 13 years old don't you? Instead of that cliche "You must be (insert age) years old huh,kid?" try using an actual veritable point in discussing how Vince Young "sucks" as you so eloquently put it.

Have to agree to a point here, it's hard to say he sucks, per se. But I do think overrated at this point is the correct titled, however next season will be the deciding point, IMO.

Have to agree to a point here, it's hard to say he sucks, per se. But I do think overrated at this point is the correct titled, however next season will be the deciding point, IMO.

Now you see my Point of View. He is overrated, I'll give you that, but you can't really say he sucks.

Now you see my Point of View. He is overrated, I'll give you that, but you can't really say he sucks.

He did very well on a mediocre Tennesse team, so, as I said I'll wait and see what he does this year before I make any judgements.

I went overboard on the insults with you, but you need to just take everyones opinions for what they are and move on. I have neg repped almost nobody. Try doing the same.

Rhodes should of made the probowl over Lynch.

You are preaching to the choir on this one. I will agree with Shadow that Lynch is overrated.

He did jack all last year and still made the Pro Bowl. That was bullcrap.

tom brady.. he's got a great offensive line and a great running game. ive seen what happens when a team gets pressure and he sucks (redskins, dolphins, our game last year vs them). he's above average in the league right now because there aren't very many good qb's but he's not a "legend" :bag:

I really want to hear some opinions, I think it has to be Micheal Vick. He has done nothing in this league, he has some major issues on and off the field. With all of this happening he has a huge contract.

Who do you guys think is the most overrated player ?

agree

I guess Tom Brady must be garbage too, his stats were never really great, they only became good the last 2 seasons and they didn't win a SB those two years. Derek Jeter must be crap too, after all, he is just one person on an entire baseball team, no way he was ever a part of winning a game.

The fact is that VY was a rookie on a team that has 3-13 talent. That team started out like 0-4, and we even beat them. Then VY took over and they finished 8-8. Part of that is a great coaching job, but part of that is definitely VY, otherwise if VY is truly that bad, the Titans would easily have been better with Collins or whoever else they had QBing before VY got the starting job. If you think VY is bad, then what must you think of Collins, who has better stats than Chad Pennington and has been to a SB?

I don't understand how McNabb can be overrated. He is rarely considered a great QB, even though he puts up MVP type numbers when healthy. If he's not healthy that has absolutely nothing to do with his playing ability, how can you be overrated by being injured? That seriously makes absolutely no sense, I don't get it. Should Martin's HoF spot be taken away because he got injured the final year? That's just so idiotic I have trouble understanding it.

The Titans won because of two men: PacMan Jones and Travis Henry. Vince Young had a major part in only THREE of the Titans eight victories (BUF, NYG - and he wouldn't have won his "coming out party" game if PacMan didn't have two INTs, HOU). In the others, he really didn't do all that much. I know this, because I watched the games. I didn't let ESPN try to tell me what (didn't) happen.

Vince Young is not a very good QB at this point in time. He's still Michael Vick from 5 years ago. He is not yet developed enough as a pro player to carry a team. Can he one day? Maybe, if he can develop into a passer. But he did not do it last year. Without PacMan and Henry, that team would have had a top five draft pick. And, without PacMan and Henry this year, they WILL have a top five draft pick.

tom brady.. he's got a great offensive line and a great running game. ive seen what happens when a team gets pressure and he sucks (redskins, dolphins, our game last year vs them). he's above average in the league right now because there aren't very many good qb's but he's not a "legend" :bag:

no way he deserves all he gets.....hes not over rated. Just because there are not as many Qb's that are good as him doesnt mean ****. How many of your legends played at the same time? do you need a whole conference to have legends, a league what? Tom Brady is really good and it shows, I think he gets what he desreves

The Titans won because of two men: PacMan Jones and Travis Henry. Vince Young had a major part in only THREE of the Titans eight victories (BUF, NYG - and he wouldn't have won his "coming out party" game if PacMan didn't have two INTs, HOU). In the others, he really didn't do all that much. I know this, because I watched the games. I didn't let ESPN try to tell me what (didn't) happen.

Vince Young is not a very good QB at this point in time. He's still Michael Vick from 5 years ago. He is not yet developed enough as a pro player to carry a team. Can he one day? Maybe, if he can develop into a passer. But he did not do it last year. Without PacMan and Henry, that team would have had a top five draft pick. And, without PacMan and Henry this year, they WILL have a top five draft pick.

Don't you relize that winning 3 games as a rookie is preety impressive ? Not only that, the way he won the damn games was amazing. The Texans game and Giants was crazy.

The fact that he took over a team that was crusing for a 2-14 season, to a record that would've gotten them a playoff berth in the opposite conference.

He did a remarkable job for a rookie, and showed the poise and composure of a seasoned veteran.

(Vince YOung)

Anyone calling Tom Brady over-rated is just jealous of New England's success, plain and simple.

And some people here would say they rather take Pennington over Brady. Sure he might be " Gay " and hated by New York but I'll take this guy on my team ANYDAY.

I think Eli Manning is overrated. Duante Culpepper too.

Eli, yeah, if he wasn't Peyton's brother he wouldn't be in the NFL.

But Daunte is a different story, he hasn't really played in a while. The last time he was healthy he threw 40 touchdowns with only 11 interceptions with 4,000 yards passing.So it might be a bit of a reach.

Don't you relize that winning 3 games as a rookie is preety impressive ? Not only that, the way he won the damn games was amazing. The Texans game and Giants was crazy.

Didn't you also say he won the Jacksonville game earlier in this thread? I never got confirmation from you as to which one: was it the one where his defense scored 3 TDs and Tennessee won 24-21, or the one that the Jags won 37-7?

Didn't you also say he won the Jacksonville game earlier in this thread? I never got confirmation from you as to which one: was it the one where his defense scored 3 TDs and Tennessee won 24-21, or the one that the Jags won 37-7?

I was wrong on that, I didn't notice they got blown out like that. Anyways, Vince Young cleary changed the team of the Titans last year, from a 4-12 team to a 8-8 record, and ohmost making the playoffs. I can't see where I'm wrong here.

I was wrong on that, I didn't notice they got blown out like that. Anyways, Vince Young cleary changed the team of the Titans last year, from a 4-12 team to a 8-8 record, and ohmost making the playoffs. I can't see where I'm wrong here.

Look, no one can debate that Vince Young did an admirable job as a rookie QB on a sh*tty team. The thing is, the media/league wants him to be the next big QB so what they do is OVERRATE the hell out of him. I mean Pro-Bowl?? C'mon that was a crock of ..... They lick the guys sack on every NFL program when an even bigger part to the Titans turn around were some lucky bounces along with their defense starting to play like they should have all year. Also like previously mentioned Travis Henry was solid in the running game.

But Daunte is a different story, he hasn't really played in a while. The last time he was healthy he threw 40 touchdowns with only 11 interceptions with 4,000 yards passing.So it might be a bit of a reach.

I think Culpepper was like Randall Cunningham on the Eagles. These "experts" love throw the great word around. Especially the jacka$$es on ESPN. I don't think Culpepper is a great QB. I think he is a good QB. That is why I refer to him being overrated. His "greatness" was built on Randy run fast and Duante throw the ball as far as you can. To me to be a great QB you need more than that.

Look, no one can debate that Vince Young did an admirable job as a rookie QB on a sh*tty team. The thing is, the media/league wants him to be the next big QB so what they do is OVERRATE the hell out of him. I mean Pro-Bowl?? C'mon that was a crock of ..... They lick the guys sack on every NFL program when an even bigger part to the Titans turn around were some lucky bounces along with their defense starting to play like they should have all year. Also like previously mentioned Travis Henry was solid in the running game.

ROY was a crock too.

Yeah, generally the first overall pick in the draft is sort of "fluff". I have seen it countless times where they just draft a hair stylist because their dad is the coach or whatever. Most teams just draft on their plummer tells them they should do. They thought it would be fun to have eli and peyton play each other. That's why eli set those records at Ole' miss. without peyton he woudln't be in the NFL, you must be right, eli would be sitting at home right now applying paper cuts to his d!ck.

:confused0058:

• 2 months later...

Archived