Jones to shoulder load article (merged)

gangreenman

Good read. Definitely looking forward to what he can bring to the table in 07. The thought of having Jones and a good receiver back like Washington in the backfield has got me excited. Let's just hope the O-line improves from last season.

Good read. Definitely looking forward to what he can bring to the table in 07. The thought of having Jones and a good receiver back like Washington in the backfield has got me excited. Let's just hope the O-line improves from last season.

Jones is a great receiving RB as well.

Jones is a great receiving RB as well.

Not disagreeing with that at all, just saying with Jones as our primary back, Washington will give us more of a threat as a receiving RB in different schemes rather than just a feature back. Washington I felt through his career at FSU and last year had more versatility and speed coming out of the backfield as a receiver rather than taking carries.

Not disagreeing with that at all, just saying with Jones as our primary back, Washington will give us more of a threat as a receiving RB in different schemes rather than just a feature back. Washington I felt through his career at FSU and last year had more versatility and speed coming out of the backfield as a receiver rather than taking carries.

I agree, having both Jones and Leon could open up the whole playbook for the Jets this season. It'll be interesting to see if we use more of the 3 back formations, with two RB's and a FB.

Jones is an exceptional receiving back. Not so much of a workhorse though. He did get 296 carries last season which is quite a few.

2005 he carried the ball 4th most in the NFC with 314 carries. So thats not to say we didn't feed him the ball.

Archived