Red Sox vs. Yanks-Game 2

Thor99

It wasn't a line drive, it was a lazy fly ball that hung up there forever while he ran around in circles. it was awful.

I am pretty sure I could get 10 kids on a high school baseball team in Alaska that could make that play. Unreal.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeter gets blame....but the inning is completely different if Abreu catches the stinkin ball for the 1st out.

Of course. You dont walk Manny then. F'in Abreu is the poop from the Rhino is BP's sig.

Apparently, somebody in the audience went "ha". Not confirmed by Ken Rosenthal.

Ken Rosenthal couldnt confirm a nuclear bomb in grund zero. He is as useless as Timmy Mac in the booth saying Lowell blocked Jeters view of the grounder

if we win game 3 i'll still be ok with this series

we need to just keep winning each series we play. 2-1 or 3-1, or 2-0, look at each series as a new round or something

That's exactly how I feel.

What is it about the Yanks and Sox that makes all of their games marathons?

It's almost too much to take.

Almost.

Well, I just got back from a weekend in Brighton and London with no internet access or sports bars and after reading about the first two games of the series please allow me to express how shocked I am that Mike Mussina got shelled yet again:roll:

Yep...it'll be a battle for the wild card this season and I plan on staying tuned.

I skipped the end of the game and took my family to see Pirates of the Caribbean at the drive-in.

smart move Bob,,

its called life, ,some of these people think they have t owatch every freakin game their team plays,, what a sad commentary on what else is going on in their world,,

smart move Bob,,

its called life, ,some of these people think they have t owatch every freakin game their team plays,, what a sad commentary on what else is going on in their world,,

So true. I was the same exact way when I was a kid. You know, high school age when my biggest worries in the world were the Jets and Yankees. Eventually real life comes calling and you have to prioritize. I love sports but gone are the days of letting the Yankees mean more to me than a chance to see any little part of the world I haven't seen yet. Now I usually make exceptions for games against the Mets and Sox but quite frankly until this teams shows a little life...I'm not going to be doing too many nights of waiting for a midnight or 1am start time. I love my teams (hell I flew up to NY four times last year from FL to watch the Yankees play and once for the Jets) but sometimes you have to take a step back from caring so much about a sport/player/team that could care less if you fell off the face of the earth.

So true. I was the same exact way when I was a kid. You know, high school age when my biggest worries in the world were the Jets and Yankees. Eventually real life comes calling and you have to prioritize. I love sports but gone are the days of letting the Yankees mean more to me than a chance to see any little part of the world I haven't seen yet. Now I usually make exceptions for games against the Mets and Sox but quite frankly until this teams shows a little life...I'm not going to be doing too many nights of waiting for a midnight or 1am start time. I love my teams (hell I flew up to NY four times last year from FL to watch the Yankees play and once for the Jets) but sometimes you have to take a step back from caring so much about a sport/player/team that could care less if you fell off the face of the earth.

POTW

I used to be 20 or so years ago-had to watch every Jet, Mets, Rangers game=my life was dictated by sports- as I grew older and realized there are so many more important things in life-sports is just a diversion (that I do enjoy) but do not take it so seriously anymore or if I can watch a game-no big deal.

I used to be 20 or so years ago-had to watch every Jet, Mets, Rangers game=my life was dictated by sports- as I grew older and realized there are so many more important things in life-sports is just a diversion (that I do enjoy) but do not take it so seriously anymore or if I can watch a game-no big deal.

I am point in my life now that if Jet slose a tough tough game I literally am over it after the 10 minute drive home from Bar.

I remember a time when I was so obsessed with this crap that I wouldnt read a paper or watch news after a tough loss,,

haha, ,how silly when you think about it,,

the players themselves are over it and probably going out to a 4 star restauarant and laughing with friend while fans are woe is me,,wait, ,AROD with chick stripper and hotel romp, ,while yank fans were woe is me,, see what I mean,,priorities,,haha

Archived