Jets | Kendall plans to attend minicamp

Smizzy

Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:32:08 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets OG Pete Kendall is expected to attend the team's upcoming mandatory minicamp, according to his agent

:character0255:

Quote:

Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:32:08 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets OG Pete Kendall is expected to attend the team's upcoming mandatory minicamp, according to his agent

:character0255:

im sick of kendall`s **** about time he got his act right.

Not too sure about getting his act right, as Rich also reported in an interview on SNY's Jets Nation this weekend that he did not show up at OTAs and he does not think he will be on the Jets roster this year. Rich says the Jets will just cut him if Kendall continues to complain about his salary.

Not too sure about getting his act right, as Rich also reported in an interview on SNY's Jets Nation this weekend that he did not show up at OTAs and he does not think he will be on the Jets roster this year. Rich says the Jets will just cut him if Kendall continues to complain about his salary.

Which would leave him in posession of the entire signing bonus paid (last year?) and would give him the freedom to negotiate with whomever he pleases at the new market rate.

If you are Pete Kendall what is there in that deal NOT TO LIKE?

The only leverage the Jets have would be to threaten NOT TO CUT HIM and to hold him to the terms of his current deal. This way if he refuses to show up they can dock his salary and even go after portions of the signing bonus. The bad news is that Pete knows all of these things and knows how to meet the minimum requirements to avoid losing money and being fined. It is possible for hin to just go through the motions which nobody wants.

Which would leave him in posession of the entire signing bonus paid (last year?) and would give him the freedom to negotiate with whomever he pleases at the new market rate.

If you are Pete Kendall what is there in that deal NOT TO LIKE?

The only leverage the Jets have would be to threaten NOT TO CUT HIM and to hold him to the terms of his current deal. This way if he refuses to show up they can dock his salary and even go after portions of the signing bonus. The bad news is that Pete knows all of these things and knows how to meet the minimum requirements to avoid losing money and being fined. It is possible for hin to just go through the motions which nobody wants.

I don't question any of this but kendall was of high value to the jets last year in teaching & also a great locker room presence. I hope things get worked out & he plays for us another year. The o line hasn't seen any huge upgrades this offseason & at this point I consider losing kendall a loss even if he doesn't start

I know he still has a little bit in the tank, and can help this Jets team out in many ways. But I feel his best years are behind and I dont really know if I even want him on this team these days. Maybe for deph, but what good is it to have a unhappy player in crutial games?

For depth?? Are you kidding? Please tell me who would be starting over him... the JETS need o-line help... getting rid of Kendal does not help...

give the guy more money, he's working for practcially nothing (haha, NFL standards of course), compared to other guards. He's slowing down a bit, and is not a 'mauler' but the fact he can play both guard slots and center if someone went down i'd sure as hell like to have kendal.

give the guy more money, he's working for practcially nothing (haha, NFL standards of course), compared to other guards. He's slowing down a bit, and is not a 'mauler' but the fact he can play both guard slots and center if someone went down i'd sure as hell like to have kendal.

They use the old guys as examples... Kendall Mawae... they want the young guys to know they cant get away with that kind of BS....

This is pure speculation... but Im assuming they told Kendal to go through camp... pre-season... and maybe even a few regular season games... proving he can still be a starter, stay healthy, and not loose a step, and THEN they will think about paying him more.

Remember last season he started to drop off and missed some time due to injury...

This is pure speculation... but Im assuming they told Kendal to go through camp... pre-season... and maybe even a few regular season games... proving he can still be a starter, stay healthy, and not loose a step, and THEN they will think about paying him more.

Remember last season he started to drop off and missed some time due to injury...

I agree, and if he still disagrees Mangini will pull the old NE trick where you let the guy threaten to hold out knowing he'll end up wanting to play either way because its better than sitting out a season and not getting paid (especially for an older player like Kendall).

Archived