Yanks take 2 out of 3

Sore loser? I predicted the Yanks would take 2 out of 3!

This is getting stupid. Yankee fans are happy that there team won 2 out of 3. And you are telling them not to.

Silly if you ask me. Just like a bloop hit looks like a line drive in a box score. The Yankees made mistakes but won the series. They will fix what is wrong and move forward.

They will fix what is wrong and move forward.

Yeah, all their problems will be solved when they trade Robinson Cano for Roger Clemens. :roll:

Torre is not the type of manager who fixes problems. That's what George's walet used to be for. Torre just rides the wave and whatever happens, happens. Too bad that won't work anymore.

They will fix what is wrong and move forward.

Yeah, all their problems will be solved when they trade Robinson Cano for Roger Clemens. :roll:

Torre is not the type of manager who fixes problems. That's what George's walet used to be for. Torre just rides the wave and whatever happens, happens. Too bad that won't work anymore.

Torre fixed what was wrong with this team so far. The Cano move along with Womack and giving Tino a shot have all worked out.

You can hate them all you want. Torre has worked magic here. What he did in 1996 was AMAZING. 1998 he didn't make a mistake all year.

He hasn't been perfect. 2001 didn't work out real well neither did last season.

But he has 4 rings here. And that ain't bad!

Torre fixed what was wrong with this team so far. The Cano move along with Womack and giving Tino a shot have all worked out.

You can hate them all you want. Torre has worked magic here. What he did in 1996 was AMAZING. 1998 he didn't make a mistake all year.

He hasn't been perfect. 2001 didn't work out real well neither did last season.

But he has 4 rings here. And that ain't bad!

But how much of that is Torre, and how much of that is the Yankees spending all the money necesarry to keep the homegrown talent and bring in everyone and anyone they want?

Can you just get over your jealousy of the greatest franchise in sport?

Once you accept the mess are, and always will be #2 in this town, you'll feel better

But how much of that is Torre, and how much of that is the Yankees spending all the money necesarry to keep the homegrown talent and bring in everyone and anyone they want?

Can you just get over your jealousy of the greatest franchise in sport?

Once you accept the mess are, and always will be #2 in this town, you'll feel better

Bro...I am totally ready for this game. So please educate me. Which championship(s) of the 4 did they buy?

Bro...I am totally ready for this game. So please educate me. Which championship(s) of the 4 did they buy?

Guys,

Look, errors did in the Mets. However, hopefully they got some respect from Yankee fans. The Mets don't go down easily...unlike the A's or some other teams. We did lose 2 of 3. The yanks played better and I give them props.

As far as buying championships...well, they have TRIED to buy another since 2000 but that strategy has been unsuccessful. The prior ones were built through veteran leadership and that is something that is lacking now. Sheffield is no leader, and A-Rod is definately not respected in his clubhouse...so you hope Jeter, Bernie, Tino and Posada can lead...

LL

To be honest, I like the mets makeup, we have a lot of good young players...(Wright, Reyes, Beltran) that form a great core...we will only get better.

Guys,

Look, errors did in the Mets. However, hopefully they got some respect from Yankee fans. The Mets don't go down easily...unlike the A's or some other teams. We did lose 2 of 3. The yanks played better and I give them props.

As far as buying championships...well, they have TRIED to buy another since 2000 but that strategy has been unsuccessful. The prior ones were built through veteran leadership and that is something that is lacking now. Sheffield is no leader, and A-Rod is definately not respected in his clubhouse...so you hope Jeter, Bernie, Tino and Posada can lead...

LL

To be honest, I like the mets makeup, we have a lot of good young players...(Wright, Reyes, Beltran) that form a great core...we will only get better.

Guys,

LL

Mets will be fine LL.

Some Yank fans need to learn to win with class.

Good natured jabs are fine but from Ham's posts, one would think we were swept and out scored 24-1 in the three games.

All one needs to do is review past threads where Torre-Giambi-Tino-Arod - MO etc were all being run out of town by some of our Yank fans.

Randy is even questioned in some circles.

The most obnoxious Yank posters simply did not show up during the Yanks awful month.

The Yanks are still better than the Mets but the gap is closing and I will take our young players any day over the aging Yanks.

My thoughts on the series.

1) Very very sloppy. Can A-Rod please field a ground ball !?! Jeter two errors in a inning let's the Mets get back in the game Friday. Wright with a big error on Sunday. Reyes on Sunday.

2) Yanks are consistently inconsistent. The MO of this team for the past 3 years. After the 4th inning on Saturday it the Yanks bascially mailed it in till the 8th inning on Sunday.

3) A-Rod: WTF ? Nearly get doubled off first on fly ball to left on Friday. Get's thrown out Saturday on a Passed Ball. Looked like a softball player on his third keg of beer on Sunday in the field.

4) Randy Johnson needs to shut the F up !!! The whining has got to stop. Give a double to a guy who has probably never even put the bat on the ball in Koo, and then allows him to score from 2nd base on a sacrifice because he doesn't cover home ? Then he goes on saying that in order for him to be effective he HAS to pitch every fifth day ? Dude shut up and do your job.

The Yanks did what they had to do. Win the Series. Now it back home for the Tigers.

Archived