What NOT to drop atop your foot while wearing sandals

p511.jpg

So I'm taking the top off my Jeep yesterday and grab one of the doors still with the 'softtop' upper half attached. I lost my grip on the actual door portion and proceed, in a complete act of gravitational beauty, to have the half door fall directly down atop my mostly exposed sandal covered foot. Refusing to cant to one side even a degree, the knife edge of the door falls directly on the 'bone' of the top side of my foot. It's swollen up like a volleyball and is now one large bruise.

We taking any bets as to whether it is broken or not?

p511.jpg

So I'm taking the top off my Jeep yesterday and grab one of the doors still with the 'softtop' upper half attached. I lost my grip on the actual door portion and proceed, in a complete act of gravitational beauty, to have the half door fall directly down atop my mostly exposed sandal covered foot. Refusing to cant to one side even a degree, the knife edge of the door falls directly on the 'bone' of the top side of my foot. It's swollen up like a volleyball and is now one large bruise.

We taking any bets as to whether it is broken or not?

Dude - I cringe just looking at it. Get the big bottle of Ibuprofen - you'll need it. It's reminisant of the time my daughter put a discus off my ankle bone at about 115 feet on the fly. Oh man, I feel your pain.

Dude - I cringe just looking at it. Get the big bottle of Ibuprofen - you'll need it. It's reminisant of the time my daughter put a discus off my ankle bone at about 115 feet on the fly. Oh man, I feel your pain.

My wife is forcing me to go to the doc's tomorrow. I went to an Airshow today and Vicodin was the only thing that kept me limping along. My dumb ass worked Saturday night and of all the nights for it to happen, I got in a foot chase.

When I dropped the door on my foot I didn't know whether to cry or kick my own ass for being a klutz.

My wife is forcing me to go to the doc's tomorrow. I went to an Airshow today and Vicodin was the only thing that kept me limping along. My dumb ass worked Saturday night and of all the nights for it to happen, I got in a foot chase.

When I dropped the door on my foot I didn't know whether to cry or kick my own ass for being a klutz.

My wife is forcing me to go to the doc's tomorrow. I went to an Airshow today and Vicodin was the only thing that kept me limping along. My dumb a$$ worked Saturday night and of all the nights for it to happen, I got in a food chase.

When I dropped the door on my foot I didn't know whether to cry or kick my own a$$ for being a klutz.

If you did kick your own ass, I assume it would be with the "unbroken" foot. :D

My wife is forcing me to go to the doc's tomorrow. I went to an Airshow today and Vicodin was the only thing that kept me limping along. My dumb a$$ worked Saturday night and of all the nights for it to happen, I got in a food chase.

When I dropped the door on my foot I didn't know whether to cry or kick my own a$$ for being a klutz.

If you did kick your own ass, I assume it would be with the "unbroken" foot. :D

That's ok, My left 'good' foot is just under my left shin which has a massive wound from sliding into 3rd base last week in softball. Looks like I used my shin to stop a motorcycle. People were looking at me funny at the airshow today, I told them my wife did it. :D

That's ok, My left 'good' foot is just under my left shin which has a massive wound from sliding into 3rd base last week in softball. Looks like I used my shin to stop a motorcycle. People were looking at me funny at the airshow today, I told them my wife did it. :D

Archived