The Fortunate 50

SI did this interesting article showcasing the top 50 highest paid professional athletes of all sports. Kinda surprised where the first football player is ranked....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2007/index.2.html

Cant believe how many NBA players there are.... do that many people watch/ care about the NBA??? I cant remember the last time I actually sat and watched a whole game on tv. People bitch about how the baseball players are overpaid, but look at basketball!

And football, the #1 sport in america, and peyton is so far down the list. Thank you hard salary cap.

Cant believe how many NBA players there are.... do that many people watch/ care about the NBA??? I cant remember the last time I actually sat and watched a whole game on tv. People bitch about how the baseball players are overpaid, but look at basketball!

And football, the #1 sport in america, and peyton is so far down the list. Thank you hard salary cap.

There are so many fewer players on hoops rosters I wonder if that's the reason? More games (although with smaller attendance than the NFL) + fewer players = more $$ per player. Baseball too though their roster is larger than the NBA.

Archived