Miami finally gets Green

CoachTsurfing

Dolphins finally get Green

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This Subscribe

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 3 minutes ago

Chiefs quarterback Trent Green has finally got his wish. He's now a former Chiefs quarterback.

The Miami Dolphins have agreed to trade a fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent Green is an upgrade???

Dolphins would have been better off giving Daunte and Lemon a shot and keeping the 5th rd pick...Remember, Tom Brady got drafted in round 6. Green is an oft injured 36 year old who can MAYBE squeeze in 1 more year or 2 at the most. So now the dolphins will end up will end their season with 2 overpaid QBs in Green and Culpepper, Lemon will be starting, and the Phins will have lost a draft pick.

Dolphins will battle for 3rd with the Bills AT BEST.

ironically, john clayton of espn said trent green looked the best of all the chiefs qb's during ota's. he's definitely going to make the phins better and might justify their not grabbing quinn in the first round.

i was really hoping the jets would be able to grab both games from the phins this season, but now you gotta wonder...

Dolphins would have been better off giving Daunte and Lemon a shot and keeping the 5th rd pick...Remember, Tom Brady got drafted in round 6. Green is an oft injured 36 year old who can MAYBE squeeze in 1 more year or 2 at the most. So now the dolphins will end up will end their season with 2 overpaid QBs in Green and Culpepper, Lemon will be starting, and the Phins will have lost a draft pick.

Trent Green is an upgrade over Daunte and Cleo. Cam Cameron is a pretty good offensive coach so I will give him the benefit of the doubt when he chooses to go with Green.

The Dolphins only gave up a 5th round pick for him.

I wasn't talking about the future with the Phins. I was talking about this season.

They are going to be better, but I think that they are still going to be around the third best team in the afce. I really do think that the Jets will fight it out with the Pats for the best team in the afce. As long as our line can keep Chad upright and our d can contain the run.

I gotta disagree.

Green is definitely an upgrade. Green is the frontrunner as the starter. i think the phins will look to part ways with culpepper and meanwhile groom their second round pick as the future starter. Green is good for at least another 1 - 2 years.

Even if Culpepper fully comes back from his injury and gains enough confidence from the phins staff to start, green is still good insurance and will be able to win games for them if and when they call on him.

I hate to say it but i think the phins will be competing with the jets for 2nd this season and you know what i'm not so sure the bills are far behind either. :frown:

I hate to say it but i think the phins will be competing with the jets for 2nd this season and you know what i'm not so sure the bills are far behind either. :frown:

I'm with you on that. The AFCE is bizarre*.

Jets beat the Phins

Phins beat the Pats

Bills beat the Jets

Pats beat the Bills

WTF?

Anything can happen in the AFCE.

*Those scenarios happen at least once a year.

Trent Green may win some games for Miami, but I also see him loosing some games by throwing pics, holding the ball a little 2 long and getting sacked, or just showing his age. His "Glory" Years are behind.

He is starting to remind me of Vinny T at the end of Vinny's career.

Trent Green is no Manning, Brady, he is not even a M.Bulger I would even say B.Farve is a better choice than Green as of now.

ironically, john clayton of espn said trent green looked the best of all the chiefs qb's during ota's. he's definitely going to make the phins better and might justify their not grabbing quinn in the first round.

i was really hoping the jets would be able to grab both games from the phins this season, but now you gotta wonder...

green is such a system QB. he's had vermeil virtually the entire time, and a top rated running game. To his credit he has never had anything at receiver, and that holds true in miami, but this is only an upgrade cause Daunte is so terrible.

The phins are miles and miles away, this gets them nothing, even in the short term. Jets' sweep winning by 10 or more in both.

Green will work very well with Cameron and should be able to spread the ball around a little bit. There could be an argument made with Green at qb last year they could have been moved ahead of the Jets

Thats what I said. Get some original material mate! j/k

where are people high on their defense? i know JT had a good year as usual, he's flat out old, everyone knows there is a steep decline at one point, and he is ready to hit that point. That's not even mentioning the rest of the old folks home.

i guess i'm alone here but i really think they will be competing for a top 5 pick, maybe better.

Trent Green will certainly be an improvement over noodle-knee Culpepper and Cleo Citrus Fruit but I hardly see him turning the Dolphins into much of a contender. The guy is already 36 or 37 and is definitely on the downside of his career. The Dolphins are still easily the worst team in the AFCE.

Absolutely right, Green is an upgrade over the over the hill CUlpepper, but its still just an upgrade on a 3rd or 4th place AFCE team. The Troll would have you believe that Chad now becomes the worst QB in the division with the Green acquisition, what a crazy ass view...Chad is only second to Tom Brady in the Division, just like every other Qb playing in the NFL. Right now you can only argue Manning as better in my opinion. Either way I knew this was going to come down to a 5th round pick.

Absolutely right, Green is an upgrade over the over the hill CUlpepper, but its still just an upgrade on a 3rd or 4th place AFCE team. The Troll would have you believe that Chad now becomes the worst QB in the division with the Green acquisition, what a crazy ass view...Chad is only second to Tom Brady in the Division, just like every other Qb playing in the NFL. Right now you can only argue Manning as better in my opinion. Either way I knew this was going to come down to a 5th round pick.

JP Losman is a better QB than Chad.

Can you remind me what Chad did last season? 17 TD's/16 INTS?

JP Losman is a better QB than Chad.

Can you remind me what Chad did last season? 17 TD's/16 INTS?

And let me remind you, you judge a QB on if and how many games he wins. And last time I check I think the scores were 10 Wins chad to lossmans 7. Well if that isnt good enough let see how good lossman did in the playoffs..oh wait.....and you can quote me

I don't think a grey haired QB coming off a concussion-ending season is going to play well behind a poor O-line. Dolphins may have one of the worst O-lines in the league, and Green isn't known for his mobility.

It's not like this deal hasn't been pending for three or four months, and now everyone thinks the Fins are going somewhere... I think we all secretly knew this trade would occur, four months ago.

I haven't lost any sleep since then.

FINALLY these teams get smart.

Miami will only give up a 6th.

KC wants a 4th.

So, settle on a 5... DUHHHHHHH and finally, they did. This is no surprise, Miami is now a better team for picking up Green. He will be a solid starter for them for the next 2-4 years.

And let me remind you, you judge a QB on if and how many games he wins. And last time I check I think the scores were 10 Wins chad to lossmans 7. Well if that isnt good enough let see how good lossman did in the playoffs..oh wait.....and you can quote me

So...Rex Grossman and Jake Plummer >> Chad?

Archived