Miami finally gets Green

CoachTsurfing

I don't think a grey haired QB coming off a concussion-ending season is going to play well behind a poor O-line. Dolphins may have one of the worst O-lines in the league, and Green isn't known for his mobility.

It's not like this deal hasn't been pending for three or four months, and now everyone thinks the Fins are going somewhere... I think we all secretly knew this trade would occur, four months ago.

I haven't lost any sleep since then.

Pretty much sums it up.

:thumbup:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FINALLY these teams get smart.

Miami will only give up a 6th.

KC wants a 4th.

So, settle on a 5... DUHHHHHHH and finally, they did. This is no surprise, Miami is now a better team for picking up Green. He will be a solid starter for them for the next 2-4 years.

I'm still surprized Miami blinked. IMO there's NO WAY KC can afford to have carried Green on their roster this year at $7 + mil. Miami should have been patient and called KC's bluff. Green is familiar with Camerons offensive scheme and would have been up to speed in a short period of time.

So...Rex Grossman and Jake Plummer >> Chad?

lol good one troll doll but let me again remind you of the numbers, Plummer for instance, didnt he miss the last 5 games? Oh wait he played a couple of downs against San Fran in the last game of the season, where he managed to throw one interception and an incomplete pass. Lol Rex are you serious, the thing is Chad Money is better than lossman, and lossman is better than TExMexRex.... Chad and Lossman cant rely on thier teamates to win the games. Rex could and did in 2006. So the statment of REX "I hope the defense scores some points and I lost the super Bowl" Grossman and Jake "I didnt play a whole season" Plummer arent anywhere near the level of Chad or Lossman.

Just a side not the 13-3 record of the bears sould have been worse, but the bears defense was so good I really think they won the games about 4 of them in the win column that they should have lost.....that would bring thier numbers to 9-7 wouldnt it? that would mean the jets record seemingly should be better that....thaaaaa Beears!!

Have faith in the chad Troll, have faith, he will lead us to the bowl

lol good one troll doll but let me again remind you of the numbers, Plummer for instance, didnt he miss the last 5 games? Oh wait he played a couple of downs against San Fran in the last game of the season, where he managed to throw one interception and an incomplete pass. Lol Rex are you serious, the thing is Chad Money is better than lossman, and lossman is better than TExMexRex.... Chad and Lossman cant rely on thier teamates to win the games. Rex could and did in 2006. So the statment of REX "I hope the defense scores some points and I lost the super Bowl" Grossman and Jake "I didnt play a whole season" Plummer arent anywhere near the level of Chad or Lossman.

Just a side not the 13-3 record of the bears sould have been worse, but the bears defense was so good I really think they won the games about 4 of them in the win column that they should have lost.....that would bring thier numbers to 9-7 wouldnt it? that would mean the jets record seemingly should be better that....thaaaaa Beears!!

I don't think Chad could win the sugar bowl at this point.

I am sorry, but you JUST said that Chad is better than Losman because Chad's team won more games than JP's did. That is what you said, period. If it's the same in that scenario, then it's the same in every scenario. That makes Rex Grossman better than Chad. Sorry, your words, not mine.

Weren't the Broncos like 7-4 when they replaced Jake? I seem to recall the Chad Pennington-led Jets sitting at 6-4. And what about the year before? Ya know, whenever Jake Plummer took Denver to AFC championship game while Chad "I Didn't Play a Whole Season" Pennington waved a towel from the sidelines?

I am sorry, but you JUST said that Chad is better than Losman because Chad's team won more games than JP's did. That is what you said, period. If it's the same in that scenario, then it's the same in every scenario. That makes Rex Grossman better than Chad. Sorry, your words, not mine.

Weren't the Broncos like 7-4 when they replaced Jake? I seem to recall the Chad Pennington-led Jets sitting at 6-4. And what about the year before? Ya know, whenever Jake Plummer took Denver to AFC championship game while Chad "I Didn't Play a Whole Season" Pennington waved a towel from the sidelines?

How dare you use the fake middle name it qoutes against me. I explained why Rex's success really wasnt his and was the team around him. If your going to say that he on those games then I disagree. Your also talking about multiple season now? I thought we were talking about last season. I stated my case and stick to it, Im not trying to pull in random facts from the past to make my point. If I was then I could say well Chad beat the colts and payton 41 nothing so hes better than Manning. Does that sound right to you?Live in the Now Troll doll live in the now!!! lol So dont try to say Jake"replaced" Plummer and Super REXmexTex is better than chad or lossman cause thier not.

not a chance, Chad would simple karate chop the LSU field and they would all fall in, never to reappear.

If anything Chad would be playing against BAMA in the Sugar Bowl since LSU won't be playing in ANY BCS games next January. I'm just sayin :biggrin:

Any way you slice it, this is a good move for Miami. They get a top 15 QB for a mid round pick and provide a solid QB option until they are able to get John Beck ready to start. Culpepper was a bad idea and will probably be released very shortly.

This deal is a steal for Miami. Veteran QB for pennies. Sure ...he is 86 yrs old and looks like a a caveman.

He shouldn't be half bad but his expiration date is up at yrs end anyway.

At 37, he's even said it, he doesn't feel like he's 37 because he was a back-up for so long, and because of that horrible preseason knee injury back in '99. Green has still got 2-4 good starting years under his belt, this was definitely a really good steal for Miami and will improve their offense.

In KC, Green handed off to Holmes or LJ and threw to Gonzalez. In Miami, he's got more weapons to throw too, and that will help Ronnie Brown a little bit too when they open up the passing game more with their best Quarterback since #13.

Oooh. And:

Pennington is better than Carson Palmer

Pennington is better than Marc Bulger

Pennington is better than Matt Hasselbeck

Not to mention:

Philip Rivers is better than Peyton Manning

Steve McNair is better than Tom Brady

In the Dennis Green meltdown game, I guess the better QB won (as always happens):

Leinart 24/42, 2 TD's, 0 INT's

Grossman 14/37, 0 TD's, 4 INT's

Mike and Mike were reporting the pick could go to a 4th rounder depending on how much Green plays-still not scared of the Fins though

this still seems like a pretty good deal for the fins, but it's not like they were a decent q'back away from winning the division or making the playoffs beforehand. I don't think he makes them good enough to beat us in the likely event we actually improve as a team this year

this still seems like a pretty good deal for the fins, but it's not like they were a decent q'back away from winning the division or making the playoffs beforehand. I don't think he makes them good enough to beat us in the likely event we actually improve as a team this year

VERY likely event JW-Thomas Jones gives us the best running game in the division and with Chad having the whole off-season to work on strength and conditioning instead of rehab-also giving him more time for schoolwork I see us challenging the Pats for the division

even though trent green is some what of an upgrade from the Qb's they have right now in

Miami, but I really don't think they are going to be much better at all ,this guy is

coming a head injury ,he is 37, Never really won anthing ,was handing the ball of to 2

pro-bowl running backs (which Maimi doesn't have ) and I know Celo is young and has no

real playing time under his belt yet ,but I think they should stay with the younger guys

and groom them instead of going with an over the hill Qb that might not make them the

team that Miami thought he would.

How dare you use the fake middle name it qoutes against me. I explained why Rex's success really wasnt his and was the team around him. If your going to say that he on those games then I disagree. Your also talking about multiple season now? I thought we were talking about last season. I stated my case and stick to it, Im not trying to pull in random facts from the past to make my point. If I was then I could say well Chad beat the colts and payton 41 nothing so hes better than Manning. Does that sound right to you?Live in the Now Troll doll live in the now!!! lol So dont try to say Jake"replaced" Plummer and Super REXmexTex is better than chad or lossman cause thier not.

Okay, now explain to me how Chad's success was really his and wasn't the team around him. And please do it without mentioning the words "Brooks Bollinger".

Okay, now explain to me how Chad's success was really his and wasn't the team around him. And please do it without mentioning the words "Brooks Bollinger".

Because our running game was next to non-existent and we relied on the passing attack almost every game.

Because our running game was next to non-existent and we relied on the passing attack almost every game.

You can't use that excuse every season, as some Chad supporters have done.

At some point, you have to look at the common denominator: Chad Pennington. At some point, if you want to believe he can be a winning QB in this league, you can't look to make excuses for him. He has to be able to lead this team to some wins all on his own. And he has NEVER been the kind of QB to do that.

Was our running game also non-existent from 02-04, whenever Chad got to hand the ball off to a HOF RB and yet, still couldn't get the job done.

If Chad Pennington was REALLY a top ten QB, then we would not have to surround him with top ten talent in order for him to be successful.

Was our running game also non-existent from 02-04, whenever Chad got to hand the ball off to a HOF RB and yet, still couldn't get the job done.

If Chad Pennington was REALLY a top ten QB, then we would not have to surround him with top ten talent in order for him to be successful.

I didn't say he was top 10, I'm just making the point that he is not 32. He is probably right around the 15 mark. And btw, 02-04 cannot be blamed on Chad. Its called COACHING.

I didn't say he was top 10, I'm just making the point that he is not 32. He is probably right around the 15 mark. And btw, 02-04 cannot be blamed on Chad. Its called COACHING.

Gimme a break.

We could dig up Vince Lombardi, George Allen, Hank Stram, and John Madden and Chad Pennington would still be a ****ty QB.

Gimme a break.

We could dig up Vince Lombardi, George Allen, Hank Stram, and John Madden and Chad Pennington would still be a ****ty QB.

Explain to me how he isnt top 15 in the NFL today. Can you name 15 better than him. And prove it with numbers etc...?

Explain to me how he isnt top 15 in the NFL today. Can you name 15 better than him. And prove it with numbers etc...?

Now, what would be the point of that?

If I give you numbers, all I will hear is "He has more talent around him than Chad!", or "Player X has a running game!", or "He's been in that system for years! Last year was Chad's first!", or "Give Chad a whole offseason to get strong and he'll show he's better!", or "He isn't as enthusiastic as Chad while waving a towel on the sidelines!".

I don't feel the need to waste my time only to have you respond to me with the same BS cliches that all the Chad lovers use daily.

P.S.: I could name 20.

If I give you numbers, all I will hear is "He has more talent around him than Chad!", or "Player X has a running game!", or "He's been in that system for years! Last year was Chad's first!", or "Give Chad a whole offseason to get strong and he'll show he's better!", or "He isn't as enthusiastic as Chad while waving a towel on the sidelines!".

I don't feel the need to waste my time only to have you respond to me with the same BS cliches that all the Chad lovers use daily.

So true......so true.

This guy is full of it, I keep reading stuff where TrollDoll cant back up. Oh its not worth your time? Troll, really how convienant you can put up the cut but cant back it up. Chad is not a bad QB he just has different stregths and capabilities than other QB's, accuracy, presence, leadership(I guess saying not throwing a hale mary doesnt mean not good, is cliche...If you talk to any qoute unqoute expert they would probably throw chad in the top 20 closer to 10. Most likey alot higher after this year, but this Troll guy tried to tell me Plummer and lossman were better than chad is. TrollDoll just hates chad cause he has overcome two incredible career ending injuries and he wants to put in "Old Helen" Clemens, who by the way is not ready and any sane or football savy person would know that.....

68 out of 70 Helens agree Troll doesnt know what hes talking about

This guy is full of it, I keep reading stuff where TrollDoll cant back up. Oh its not worth your time? Troll, really how convienant you can put up the cut but cant back it up. Chad is not a bad QB he just has different stregths and capabilities than other QB's, accuracy, presence, leadership(I guess saying not throwing a hale mary doesnt mean not good, is cliche...If you talk to any qoute unqoute expert they would probably throw chad in the top 20 closer to 10. Most likey alot higher after this year, but this Troll guy tried to tell me Plummer and lossman were better than chad is. TrollDoll just hates chad cause he has overcome two incredible career ending injuries and he wants to put in "Old Helen" Clemens, who by the way is not ready and any sane or football savy person would know that.....

68 out of 70 Helens agree Troll doesnt know what hes talking about

Are you a retartet ideat or sumthing?

You were the genius who said Chad was better than Losman solely based on wins. Troll, along with SpermEdwards debunked that little theory of yours fairly easily by pointing out that Rivers had more wins than Peyton Manning, and how McNair had more wins than Tom Brady......but of course that went right over your head.

The "Old Helen" Clemens thing is SERIOUSLY the lamest sh#t I have ever heard. Dont hold your breath on that, its not gonna catch on.

Are you a retartet ideat or sumthing?

You were the genius who said Chad was better than Losman solely based on wins. Troll, along with SpermEdwards debunked that little theory of yours fairly easily by pointing out that Rivers had more wins than Peyton Manning, and how McNair had more wins than Tom Brady......but of course that went right over your head.

The "Old Helen" Clemens thing is SERIOUSLY the lamest sh#t I have ever heard. Dont hold your breath on that, its not gonna catch on.

Yeah I was the genius that at least attempted to defend what I said, I didnt just say "oh well its not worth explaining", yeah I was wrong on that one, but I explained it. I didnt just attack someone elses opinion with out the curtisy to explain why. Bottom line Lossman is still not as good as Chad, no matter how much you guys hate him. Oh and the Old Helens reference im going to keep useing it for like two more days, I dont know why it upsets you so much, you guys actually get mad when I say the truth. Clemens is not as good as you think he is. Now this idea that chad is not even in the top 20? Based on what that I dont like Old Helen, Do you guys watch football? Oh and yeah....well, your retarted

Archived