Jetnation.com's first 100 days...what's your opinion?

TaborJet

To me the league itself wouldn't be the same today if not for Namath, from his first big pay check to his strong arm & downfield throws, to his charisma, Im just shocked to see you stick up for ANY Jet player...congrats, didn't it feel good? :D

Absolutely agree with the charisma. He was great for NFL marketing. And, he made the most out of being in NYC. But, very overrated as a QB.

Chad is actually the better player. Much more boring. But, better.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the league itself wouldn't be the same today if not for Namath, from his first big pay check to his strong arm & downfield throws, to his charisma, Im just shocked to see you stick up for ANY Jet player...congrats, didn't it feel good? :D

Look, I might go to extremes at times, but I try and stay somewhat objective when talking about football. There is absolutely no debate as to how good a QB Namath was.

As faba said, if Namath didn't have the bad knees, he would be right up there as the greatest QB's of alltime, right along with Marino, Montana and Elway.

Case closed. :wink:

Great site IMO.

I realize traffic is important but the current population makes for a good atmosphere.

Max, Tom , Faba, Smizz do a excellent job.

The Baeball forum with LL, Matt39, Troll, Bob ,Max ,80, Shawn, Guns, Mavrik, GJH, Bugg, Jone, Stormy amongst many others is excellent.

Scottish is the king of Jet Nation Fantasy BBall.

Tx is Tx.....we'd miss him if he was gone.

Seymour will eventually get over himself.

The woman of JN are knowlegable and witty and easy on the eyes.

Bren and GGG are the Nations jet-setters and could probably have a hit reality television show.

The football minds here are top notch with Fish, JYF, Savage28 :wink: ,TS, Seymour, Pfsikh, Southern Jet, Bit, Rsherry, Boozer and many, many others who absolutely know their stuff.

EB turned out to be the draft guru. =D>

Homepage articles have been great. Verde's illustrations included.

Great group of people....congrats on 100 days of JetNation.

Awesome post GimmeShelter. Thanks for the kind words.

Bren and GGG did have a reality show. It was on last year. The networks couldn't carry it. Pretty sure Cinemax picked it up for their After Dark segment.

I never saw it myself. But I heard it was pretty good. If you don't mind looking at Smizzy with no shirt that is.

Big Ben,

The "system" PennyBoy plays in is more boring and allows for compiling better "stats".

Namath was, and always will be, the better QB of the two.

Agreed, Chad has a long way to go and a lot to prove. Will pick up this debate in 8 years...

Agreed, Chad has a long way to go and a lot to prove. Will pick up this debate in 8 years...

Alright but Tx will be in the retirement trailer then. So his username may have to change.

Look, I might go to extremes at times, but I try and stay somewhat objective when talking about football. There is absolutely no debate as to how good a QB Namath was.

As faba said, if Namath didn't have the bad knees, he would be right up there as the greatest QB's of alltime, right along with Marino, Montana and Elway.

Case closed. :wink:

JetsFanTx, what is the world coming to? Nice to see you coming out of the closet Tex. BTW, I agree on Namath, as evidenced by the jersey I wear to most games.

You are off base on Pennington though, his "dinks and dunks" were straight out of the Hackass playbook. In college, Pennington threw downfield on a regular basis, as he will return to doing next season.

The best four things about The Nation:

1. There are not five Madden-esque trade/signing on the front page of the forums every minute of the day posted by kids who should be learning how to flirt with girls while at school.

2. The cast of thousands (or at least 10's) is awesome - good people who don't take themselves too seriously hanging out and talking sometimes about football and sometimes about life. Good stuff.

3. The proprietors are hard working folks that just want to have a nice community at their place. Thank you for doing this!

4. Last but not least - TomShane. 'nuff said! :mrgreen:

The best four things about The Nation:

1. There are not five Madden-esque trade/signing on the front page of the forums every minute of the day posted by kids who should be learning how to flirt with girls while at school.

2. The cast of thousands (or at least 10's) is awesome - good people who don't take themselves too seriously hanging out and talking sometimes about football and sometimes about life. Good stuff.

3. The proprietors are hard working folks that just want to have a nice community at their place. Thank you for doing this!

4. Last but not least - TomShane. 'nuff said! :mrgreen:

Agreed. Now let's see that picture of your wife's legs again. :lol::lol:

Agreed. Now let's see that picture of your wife's legs again. :lol::lol:

:lol: I'll have to look around for one for you GOB. :mrgreeen: She's just about 8 months pregnant now, so I'll need to find on from last summer for you. :wink: How's the foot, kid?

:lol: I'll have to look around for one for you GOB. :mrgreeen: She's just about 8 months pregnant now, so I'll need to find on from last summer for you. :wink: How's the foot, kid?[/quote]

Hey GB, when is the due date? how is she feeling? those last weeks of pregnancy were not fun at all! :shock: do you know if you are getting another adorable boy or a sweet girl?

Archived