Bobby Abreu

AFJF

Is finally starting to hit. When a guy you rely is hitting at a .228 clip as Abreu was just a week ago (has raised that 24 points this week) it's gonna hurt. In the past week Abreu has gone 9-18 and is using the whole field. The power numbers aren't there but I think the Yanks will take that at this point as long as he can be a .300 type of player from here on out.

He looks damn good at the plate, and that slide of his at home was beautiful.

But I still cannot trust the guy to catch a ball at the wall, and that scares the hell out of me in big games.

Meanwhile, Dye still looks likes like garbage, so I wouldnt make that deal right now. Outside of last season, Dye was never a better hitter than Abreu anyways; a better RFer though.

It seems to be a moot discussion as the rumors have since been shot down. But its been great to see that Abreu still knows how to swing the bat. :)

To trade Bobby for Dye wiould also mean kicking in something else, as Bobby makes a lot more than Dye. It could be just money to split the difference. It could also be a prospect, which I do not want to do at all.

Bobby, when he is taking pitches, and using the whole field, is a much more valuble hitter than Dye, who does have more pop. Dye is not as fast as Bobby, but has a better arm, and is a better fielder.

Is finally starting to hit. When a guy you rely is hitting at a .228 clip as Abreu was just a week ago (has raised that 24 points this week) it's gonna hurt. In the past week Abreu has gone 9-18 and is using the whole field. The power numbers aren't there but I think the Yanks will take that at this point as long as he can be a .300 type of player from here on out.

AFJ....were you kind of dismayed that Cashman after reading about what turned out to be a false rumor concerning Dye for Abreu in the Daily News actually called the WSOX GM asking if he would like to disuss that deal?

AFJ....were you kind of dismayed that Cashman after reading about what turned out to be a false rumor concerning Dye for Abreu in the Daily News actually called the WSOX GM asking if he would like to disuss that deal?

I'm not sure how accurate that report is but either way with the years Abreu and Dye are having the deal would have been a wash for both teams. Would of reminded me of the old Tim Burke for Lee Gutterman swap the Yanks and Mets pulled off years ago.

I'm not sure how accurate that report is but either way with the years Abreu and Dye are having the deal would have been a wash for both teams. Would of reminded me of the old Tim Burke for Lee Gutterman swap the Yanks and Mets pulled off years ago.

I'm not sure about a wash since Dye hits for power and is head and shoulders better defensively, but if Abreu gets his 100 RBI's all is well. Sheff was the guy the Yanks needed to keep IMO. He just made the line-up filthy and was proably more of a leader than we know.

Over their careers Abreu is a MUCH better player. This year they are both having awful years so it doesn't make such sense to trade Abreu for Dye because their chances of turning it around should be pretty much the same (a crap shoot.)

I'm not sure about a wash since Dye hits for power and is head and shoulders better defensively, but if Abreu gets his 100 RBI's all is well. Sheff was the guy the Yanks needed to keep IMO. He just made the line-up filthy and was proably more of a leader than we know.

True enough. I guess it was just a deal that I looked at and thought "eh". I like Abreus speed and plate discipline but Dye does have more pop. IMO though....eh.

Archived