what was your first concert?

gg

i saw this on moses thread.... so i thought i would put this out there... not sure if we have done this before...

my first concert was peter paul and mary at tanglewood.. with this really hot guy.. who kissed me as we hung out after the concert in a park.. we were sitting by his carmengia.....

;)

the first non-folk concert i saw was The doobie brothers at SPAC :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in grammer school, my father took some friends and I to see Motley Crue at the meadowlands, the Dr Feelgood tour. We had backstage passes and everything, it was awesome!

:lol: Hell yeah dude!! :headbang:

My first concert ever was Blues Traveler when I was in 8th grade. It was a good show. There was a lot of mysterious smoke if I remember. I have been to a lot more, better concerts but this was the start to it all.

GG- I have seen many a shows at SPAC. That place rules.

with this really hot guy.. who kissed me as we hung out after the concert in a park.. we were sitting by his carmengia.....

Who gives a rats @$$ about the concert you saw. I want more details about the hotness of this guy.

Who gives a rats @$$ about the concert you saw. I want more details about the hotness of this guy.

ok.. i will hijack my own thread for a moment....

he was... soooo not my type... tall blond blue eyes.. athletic build and 5 years older then me.. i was pretty hot when i was that young.. and looking back on it.. i was jail bait... lol.. not that we had to worry about THAT because i was a good girl ;) i was 16... he was 21...

:)

he was... soooo not my type... tall blond blue eyes.. athletic build and 5 years older then me.. i was pretty hot when i was that young.. and looking back on it.. i was jail bait... lol.. not that we had to worry about THAT because i was a good girl ;) i was 16... he was 21...

Hold on, so I'm not your type? Well then maybe you would like to explain all of those PMs you've been sending me. :cussing:

Hold on, so I'm not your type? Well then maybe you would like to explain all of those PMs you've been sending me. :cussing:

nice try my deviled egged friend ;)

funny how there are so many men vying for an old ladies attention. :lol:

i guess i still got it... heh!

i saw this on moses thread.... so i thought i would put this out there... not sure if we have done this before...

my first concert was peter paul and mary at Jesus Last Supper.. with this really hot guy.. who kissed me as we hung out after the concert in a park.. we were sitting by his OxCart.....

Wow, you go back,, plus making out there is like Jerry making out at Shindlers List :confused:

i wasn't into music so much in high school. so i was in college and was already a floyd fan, so the GF took me to a bar and we saw a band called "think floyd"...they did a great job, their song selection was as impressive as their ability.

I was 9 years old. My stepmother at the time dragged me to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack tour at the Garden State Arts Center. I am still scarred to this day.

:) Funny stuff, Boozer.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this again, but....my first concert was Andy Gibb at SPAC. I blame that one my cousin Lynne.

The first one I actually chose to go to was Aerosmith. (GFCC, I think?)

My most memorable concert from my youth was Van Halen's 1982 tour. My friend Pam and I arranged a bus company to take us and about 30 of our friends (sophomores in high school) to go see Van Halen in Worchester, Mass. No chaperones, just a bunch of high school kids. I can't believe my mother didn't kill me. ;)

J. Giels - old Boston Garden- junior year of high school. Had to lie....told pops the girls were getting together for a sleepover at my freinds house. Dad's believe what they want to beleive. LOL! No way would my dad let me go to a concert. And, if he knew that my friend's brother actually reserved a hotel room and filled the tub with ice and cases upon cases of beer......OY!

Second concert: fast forward two years. Freshman at Northeastern. AC/DC at the old Boston Garden. What a show! Had a final the next morning at 8:00am. No clue how I got through it, but I ended up with a B! 'Gotta love multiple choice. Ha!

Sounds EXACTLY like my type! You go, girl!! WOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo! :Banane43:

Tall and blonde? With a Gotee too? Now that's my type!:P

So, you lied too, eh? How else would a 16 year old go to a show with a 21 year old boy.

I think it was Ozzfest '98... maybe '97... I cant remember... and thats proof of how much fun I had... lol

I had been to a handful before that when I was younger with family... but those dont count...

Delanie & Bonnie & Friends (no EC) with The Flying Burrito Brothers - Aragon Ballroom - 1970

wow great show to be indoctrinated into the rock n roll live scene with NJ-mine was also a great one Pink Floyd doing Dark Side Of The Moon at Jersey City Stadium around 1971-I'll never forget,it was before all the Jersey hippies moved to California, some dude yelling out "I got 50 hits of Orange Sunshine in this Tequila bottle who wants a slug?"I did NOT imbibe. My second was Elton John at either The Garden or Nassau Coliseum doing Honky Chateau

mine was also a great one Pink Floyd doing Dark Side Of The Moon at Jersey City Stadium around 1971-I'll never forget,it was before all the Jersey hippies moved to California, some dude yelling out "I got 50 hits of Orange Sunshine in this Tequila bottle who wants a slug?"I did NOT imbibe.

Not too many people can claim that SoFla - Dark Side Of The Moon Tour - Whoa! I hope you at least had some good ganga to "enhance" the show if you didn't drop the A.

Today, straight is the only way I'd see that show - but in 71 - it would have been out of the question;)

Archived