what was your first concert?

gg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap Trick at the Utica Aud. Not sure what year. Saw Molly Hatchet and the Rossington-Collins Band there, too.

I bet I was at the same Doobies show at SPAC that Greengal was.

ahh yes the utica memorial auditorium. maybe I should post this in the just shoot me thread but I saw alice cooper there along with many others. procul harem put on a great show there

What's the SECC?

I'm disappointed I never got to see the Offspring live

The scottish exhibition and conference centre .Probably Scotland's biggest arena,you'd have to play in a stadium if you wanted to play in a bigger venue in Scotland.

Are the offspring still on the go?I'm sure you could still catch them.

My first one was a good one.

Way back.

1970 - Ottawa Civic Centre

Led Zeppelin, no warmup act.

In between LZ 2 and 3 time period

1st row after standing in line outside for 8 hours.

Page was unbelievably loud, my ears rang for days.

No acoustic portion to the gig.

Never saw them again.

My first one was a good one.

Way back.

1970 - Ottawa Civic Centre

Led Zeppelin, no warmup act.

In between LZ 2 and 3 time period

1st row after standing in line outside for 8 hours.

Page was unbelievably loud, my ears rang for days.

No acoustic portion to the gig.

Never saw them again.

awesome 1st concert

I saw the who again in utah & roger daltry ran in place the whole friggin concert nonstop.

J. Giels - old Boston Garden- junior year of high school. Had to lie....told pops the girls were getting together for a sleepover at my freinds house. Dad's believe what they want to beleive. LOL! No way would my dad let me go to a concert. And, if he knew that my friend's brother actually reserved a hotel room and filled the tub with ice and cases upon cases of beer......OY!

Second concert: fast forward two years. Freshman at Northeastern. AC/DC at the old Boston Garden. What a show! Had a final the next morning at 8:00am. No clue how I got through it, but I ended up with a B! 'Gotta love multiple choice. Ha!

One of your better grades i take...

First concert

Foreigner at OBI East

Twisted Sister doesn't count , they were just a bar band back then

Ted Nugent/Lynard Skynard at nassua coliseum was very good also

ok.. i will hijack my own thread for a moment....

he was... soooo not my type... tall blond blue eyes.. athletic build and 5 years older then me.. i was pretty hot when i was that young.. and looking back on it.. i was jail bait... lol.. not that we had to worry about THAT because i was a good girl ;) i was 16... he was 21...

:)

i was really 23 and you gave me 3rd base quickly but didn't let me score until after the 1st song was done;)

ok.. i will hijack my own thread for a moment....

he was... soooo not my type... tall blond blue eyes.. athletic build and 5 years older then me.. i was pretty hot when i was that young.. and looking back on it.. i was jail bait... lol.. not that we had to worry about THAT because i was a good girl ;) i was 16... he was 21...

:)

i just received an email, your beau of so many years ago has been trying to track you down. ends up he's a client of mine, small world. i've attached his pic, PM me if you want his contact info so you can relive that magical night you had together so long ago

UglyGuy.jpg

i just received an email, your beau of so many years ago has been trying to track you down. ends up he's a client of mine, small world. i've attached his pic, PM me if you want his contact into so you can relive that magical night together so long ago

UglyGuy.jpg

Your Dad has taught you well. How to blow up a fun thread with pics. Bravo. =D>

awesome 1st concert

I saw the who again in utah & roger daltry ran in place the whole friggin concert nonstop.

Who Are You tour jw-I saw them at the Garden do that show-first time I saw them was Quadrophenia-Golden Earring (Radar Love) opened up

Who Are You tour jw-I saw them at the Garden do that show-first time I saw them was Quadrophenia-Golden Earring (Radar Love) opened up

thanks bill. I can't remember who opened for who either time. golden earring woulda been cool though

did you catch hepatitis?

No, I was a feisty ''ginker'' back then. I went with my brother.

thanks bill. I can't remember who opened for who either time. golden earring woulda been cool though

I saw the who in '79 at MSG, and I also saw Pink Floyd with Roger waters during the animals tour at MSG.

MSG was the greatest place to see a concert IMO.

I saw them at the Garden-same tour BP...we were on line at Ticketmaster for tickets in Union I think when they came out and told us John Bonham had died and the concert tour had been cancelled

Yeah, I had already purchased tickets before Bonham died in '80 also. that sucked! he was the greatest drummer ever. and he kicked ass live!