what was your first concert?

gg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saw his kid play once, not bad but nobody comes close to his old man.

The drum sticks the guy used to play with were 3-4 times bigger than normal drum sticks, they were like little baseball bats.

No, I was a feisty ''ginker'' back then. I went with my brother.

I saw the who in '79 at MSG, and I also saw Pink Floyd with Roger waters during the animals tour at MSG.

MSG was the greatest place to see a concert IMO.

yeah 79 sounds about right at the salt palace in slc. saw zztop twice there. saw eric clapton with bb king as backup. elo, bozz skaggs & the police there.

funny concert story. pre aerosmith party at my apt. this idiot will was there. apparently he left his ticket on my dining room table. couldn't find me & ran back to my place. smashed thru my neighbors lr window while he was in there watching tv.( thinkin it was my apt) It freaked him out big time

funny concert story. pre aerosmith party at my apt. this idiot will was there. apparently he left his ticket on my dining room table. couldn't find me & ran back to my place. smashed thru my neighbors lr window while he was in there watching tv.( thinkin it was my apt) It freaked him out big time

we were on our way to RFK Stadium (the day Nixon resigned I think) to see Crosby Stills Nash and Young when the guy comes on the radio and says "and don't forget tomorrow night at RFK CSN&Y LIVE!!!" I felt like Potsy Weber-we turned around at the toll booth and never went to the show the next night...ah the dangers of pot...

we were on our way to RFK Stadium (the day Nixon resigned I think) to see Crosby Stills Nash and Young when the guy comes on the radio and says "and don't forget tomorrow night at RFK CSN&Y LIVE!!!" I felt like Potsy Weber-we turned around at the toll booth and never went to the show the next night...ah the dangers of pot...

yeah, good thing we were bullet proof back then ;)

4 way street was the 1st album I ever bought

First concert....

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time album "Somewhere on Tour"... 1987. Waysted opened but have no memory of that at all. At Brendan Byrne Arena a.k.a. Continental Airlines Arena... a.k.a. Meadowlands NJ.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

020somewherepo9.jpg

Waysted was another Pete Way band, right? I liked Fastway better. I still have that cassette kicking around. My first "concert" was Anvil at L'Amour, (L'Amour's if you're from Brooklyn) but my first real show was probably the seat ripping Priest show at the Garden. I had tickets to Maiden/Priest at the Paladium around '80-81, but somehow didn't end up going.

What a great indoctrination to live music Garb. Those guys rocked large.

I thought the same when I read her post.

J._Geils_Band_-_Live_Full_House.jpg

Bringing back lots of good memories in this thread. Four Way Street was one of the earliest albums I bought, too, and I also saw CSNYat the Nassau Coliseum on that tour around the time Nixon resigned.

First show was either Led Zep or Creedence at MSG. Both were in the same year, whatever that was, probably 1969 or 70.

Queen at the Beacon Theater 2/8/76. My Mom wanted to go for her birthday on 2/8. Since it was her birthday Dad decided to take my brother and I as well. Great show. I was 12 at the time so it was a bit overwhelming. Later that same year I went to see Led Zeppelin at MSG with a friend and his dad. About a month later saw KISS at Roosevelt Stadium. What a rat trap that place was but it is one of my favorite concerts.

I was thinking about that album yesterday-49 Bye Byes,Military Madness-some of the obscure stuff ya NEVER hear anymore Sea Of Madness-GREAT stuff

yeah but teach your children will always remain as one of my favs.

I was super young, but saw clapton, stevewinwood & ginger baker perform as blind faith.I'm sure you remember them but doubt many others do. only way my older brother got to go was to take me along :)

some terrific answers and great first concets... although i realize how oldi am..lol

i had an amazing concert weekend back in the summer of 89...

first 7-7-89 ...grateful dead.. last show played at JFK stadium before it was torn down... hot hot day... they sprayed the audience with water hoses... nice song list...

Hell In A Bucket, Iko Iko, Little Red Rooster, Ramble On Rose, Memphis Blues, Loser, Let It Grow-> Blow Away Box Of Rain, Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain-> Scarlet Begonias, Estimated Prophet-> Standing On the Moon, Drums-> Jam-> The Other One-> Wharf Rat-> Turn On Your Love Light, E: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

then one day to recover.... and then the who right next door at veterans staduim... .... just about the loudest concert ihave ever heard.. my ears rang for two days.. totally awesome!

it was one heckof a weekend!!! :D

09-07-1989: Philadelphia, PA, Veterans Stadium

Overture, 1921, Amazing Journey, Sparks, The Acid Queen, Pinball Wizard, Do You Think It's Alright, Fiddle About, I'm Free, Tommy's Holiday Camp, We're Not Gonna Take It, I'm One, Secondhand Love, Face The Face, I'm A Man, I Can't Explain, Substitute, I Can See For Miles, Trick Of The Light, Boris The Spider, Who Are You, Magic Bus, Tattoo, Baba O'Riley, My Generation, A Little Is Enough, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Love Hurts, My Wife, Sister Disco, Rough Boys, Join Together, You Better You Bet, Won't Get Fooled Again, Hey Joe, Let My Love Open The Door, Summertime Blues

yeah but teach your children will always remain as one of my favs.

I was super young, but saw clapton, stevewinwood & ginger baker perform as blind faith.I'm sure you remember them but doubt many others do. only way my older brother got to go was to take me along :)

oh yea in fact I asked BP to post a YouTuber of them doing Can't Find My Way Home a couple of weeks ago...my brother saw Cream at Scotch Plains or Fanwood High School-in the gym can you believe that?

oh yea in fact I asked BP to post a YouTuber of them doing Can't Find My Way Home a couple of weeks ago...my brother saw Cream at Scotch Plains or Fanwood High School-in the gym can you believe that?

wow awesome. chuck mangione played at our high school. amazing talent

wow awesome. chuck mangione played at our high school. amazing talent

I was considering starting a new thread about which was your FAVORITE (or the best) concert you ever saw.Right up there at the top for me has to be seeing Bruce Springsteen at Kean College in December 1976-at the end of the Born To Run tour.Talk about a life-changing moment for this Jersey boy...Harry Chapin was also great I saw him at Rutgers a couple of times and you felt like you were sitting in his living room-nobody ever made me feel that, before or since

I was considering starting a new thread about which was your FAVORITE (or the best) concert you ever saw.Right up there at the top for me has to be seeing Bruce Springsteen at Kean College in December 1976-at the end of the Born To Run tour.Talk about a life-changing moment for this Jersey boy...Harry Chapin was also great I saw him at Rutgers a couple of times and you felt like you were sitting in his living room-nobody ever made me feel that, before or since

yeah, I saw so many good ones but the early boss concerts were the tops. what energy

sittin in the what is now million $ bar in park city utah a surprise band was to play. 4 guys at the bar wearing dusters walked thru the small bar & went up on stage & started crankin. it was the fabulous thunderbirds. one of my most amazing nights at a concert cause the venue was so small

sittin in the what is now million $ bar in park city utah a surprise band was to play. 4 guys at the bar wearing dusters walked thru the small bar & went up on stage & started crankin. it was the fabulous thunderbirds. one of my most amazing nights at a concert cause the venue was so small

Was Kim Wilson blowing the harp that night jw? He's got to be the best I've ever seen.

I also saw Pink Floyd ''The Wall'' at Nassau Coliseum in 1980.

Roger Waters was playing acoustic guitar on top of what looked like a 75-100 ft wall. every pre-breakup Pink Floyd show I ever went to kicked ass. I refused to see them without Roger Waters.

I as well saw Pink Floyd The Wall in 80 as well still the best show I have ever seen -- but not my fist one

That would be KISS in 77 MSG It was their first time playing there and an unknown named Sammy Hagar opened the show -- He was booeed off afer 4 or 5 songs -- great fun it was also my first time in the city w/out parental guidence - I was 15 at the time

Archived