How many games will the Pats win this year?

TNJet

what i want: pats implode when randy moss punches tom brady in the face. the team never recovers their femous chemistry and becomes the '06 dolphins going 5-11 despite superbowl expecations.

what i fear: pats made so many upgrades not even a sulky receiver can stop them. they will truly dominate the aerial game for the first time since their magical run began with brady at the helm. their defense (with or without samuel) has the potential to stifle. their main concern is can maroney carry the full load? if no: 9-10 wins. if yes: 12-14 wins. this is a good team jets fans, don't kid yourselves.

the big problem with the pats from a jetfans perspective is that they do what they have to do to win. they never take their eye off the ball. when a weakness comes to light in their game they adjust, help out & get better in other areas. if a cb sucks they help out in coverage & the offense will step up & score more pts.

if the passing game or running game sputters, the D picks up.

Brady has had bad games but never for 4 quarters. this was evident in the san diego game.

I see them winning 11 games

the big problem with the pats from a jetfans perspective is that they do what they have to do to win. they never take their eye off the ball. when a weakness comes to light in their game they adjust, help out & get better in other areas. if a cb sucks they help out in coverage & the offense will step up & score more pts.

Brady has had bad games but never for 4 quarters. this was evident in the san diego game.

Except against the Dolphins... who for some reason have been able to make him look like **** multiple times in his career.

good points. i still don't think they won that SD game so much as SD lost it.

I was thinking of this the other day, see what you guys think.

Marty has been known to play "marty ball" come playoff time, where he becomes too conservative and just hands the ball off. That is all fine when you don't have the number one rushing game in the league, but if there was ever a time to play marty ball it was last year. Remember that last drive against the pats? LT got the ball left side for about 6 yards. pass, pass punt....the f()ck???

Do you think marty was scared of being deemed "too conservative" had he stuck with LT and failed to get the first? I think that was exactly what went through his head, i am almost positive that, if they give LT the ball the next too times they would have had second and 1 at midfield. LT was unstopable last year, and if there was ever a time for marty ball last year was it.

They will, at the very least, repeat their success of last season's regular season record of 12-4. My money is on 14-2, but, we shall see.

Thats rediculous, with the glory day s of the PATS done and the locker room beef that will develop and poison the team, these guys will be second in the AFCE and will lose in the play offs first round. 12-4 is giving way to much, I know you want to cause of the past but reality is more like 10-6 or 9-7. Althougt I could be bias, I am a Jets fan, **** the PATS

Thats rediculous, with the glory day s of the PATS done and the locker room beef that will develop and poison the team, these guys will be second in the AFCE and will lose in the play offs first round. 12-4 is giving way to much, I know you want to cause of the past but reality is more like 10-6 or 9-7. Althougt I could be bias, I am a Jets fan, **** the PATS

Yes the glory days are far, far behind them when they came within one minute of beating the eventuall champion Colts with a Wide Receiving core that would play second string to the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League.:eek:

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas & Brandon Meriweather have IMPROVED a team that was already 12-4 last year with much less talent then what they have now. This Patriot team improved more then any other franchise in the NFL this off-season and it will show with another win or two tagged on to last years 12-4 mark.

Oh, and, did I forget to mention a certain #12 behind center?

Yes the glory days are far, far behind them when they came within one minute of beating the eventuall champion Colts with a Wide Receiving core that would play second string to the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League.:eek:

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas & Brandon Meriweather have IMPROVED a team that was already 12-4 last year with much less talent then what they have now. This Patriot team improved more then any other franchise in the NFL this off-season and it will show with another win or two tagged on to last years 12-4 mark.

Oh, and, did I forget to mention a certain #12 behind center?

Fair enough but with people sitting out till the 10th game just shows that the discontent that players have. Add your new guy Moss in the loop and after game one when the jets win, thats going to just add to and possibly start some friction. Plus not even going into the possible Moss/brady friction, what happens when other WR's start to get pisst about mOss crying and getting the ball, they want some play too. I think its possible for their not to be any problems but I think its much more likely that thier will be. ANd when that happens the 12-4 team is gone. Last year it was a team under Brady this year its going to be a diveded group adn tension and antimosity

Fair enough but with people sitting out till the 10th game just shows that the discontent that players have. Add your new guy Moss in the loop and after game one when the jets win, thats going to just add to and possibly start some friction. Plus not even going into the possible Moss/brady friction, what happens when other WR's start to get pisst about mOss crying and getting the ball, they want some play too. I think its possible for their not to be any problems but I think its much more likely that thier will be. ANd when that happens the 12-4 team is gone. Last year it was a team under Brady this year its going to be a diveded group adn tension and antimosity

So your entire argument is based on one player, Moss, tearing the team apart?

That's an excellent analysis :yawn:

So your entire argument is based on one player, Moss, tearing the team apart?

That's an excellent analysis :yawn:

Well that and i think moral is going down for the whole team this year, As that discontent grows so will the Losses, I think most people that have some kind of sports experence or have played football would agree. But hey thats just my excellent analysis.

My guess is theyll make the playoffs but not the super bowl. They will probably win the division with somewhere between 10-12 wins in the regular season. The reason they will not dominate the league is because with all of these new egotistic, character issue players, such as Moss, Stallworth, Merriweather, and now the whole Samuel situation on top of that...Team chemistry has to be affected. Considering football is more of a team game than an individual game, its the teams that work as teams, rather than 11 individuals, that tend to advance to the super bowl and dominate the league. Because of talent and still some positive leadership from Brady and Bruschi, the Pats will win somewhere between 10-12 games and will probably take the division. However, my prediction is that they dont make it past round 2 of the playoffs...

My guess is they get 10-11 wins. The afc is still a tough conference and I'm not buying into the SB hype just yet.

I also think we have to keep in mind that BB already built what Mangini is trying to develop. The system and mentality is supposed to overcome the occassionally added pains in the ass.

well bz & greenie, the great minds here are sayin 11. I hope we're wrong but I doubt we'll be 2 games off either way

Wow... "great minds" and "bz" in the same sentence will get you in trouble in these here parts. :)

BZ

8-8.Pats prove that without their once formidable coaching staff,all the WR's and athletes in the world wont make you a better team.Oh yeah and the jets win 11...yes they will be 11-5 in '07.

They will only win 8 games if Brady is injured for at least 8 or more games.

This team should win at least 12 games barring injury. They are good enough to win 12-14 games.

They will only win 8 games if Brady is injured for at least 8 or more games.

This team should win at least 12 games barring injury. They are good enough to win 12-14 games.

I just dont see it this year with the teams in the afc getting alot better and in the overall east.Look,to think we dont have a chance of beating them twice next year is ridiculous.We did beat them once last season on their home field,and dont we all agree that we are a better team now than a year ago? Then the Phins always give them fits,why? I will never know but they do,and I say they will be a few games better than last year with Green and Teddy Ginn in town.Bills are better...pats easily 8-8,or maybe 9-7 if lucky.Stallworth and Moss will clash,they are both gloryfied dawgs that will only complain to Brady about the ball causing him to force things where he never had someone telling him when and where and who to throw to.Picking up a thug from Miami U named Merriweather helps none either,he has trouble off the field constantly.They have a very good team still dont get me wrong but I really think everyone else is starting to catch up with them especially in the talent department.

I just dont see it this year with the teams in the afc getting alot better and in the overall east.Look,to think we dont have a chance of beating them twice next year is ridiculous.We did beat them once last season on their home field,and dont we all agree that we are a better team now than a year ago? Then the Phins always give them fits,why? I will never know but they do,and I say they will be a few games better than last year with Green and Teddy Ginn in town.Bills are better...pats easily 8-8,or maybe 9-7 if lucky.Stallworth and Moss will clash,they are both gloryfied dawgs that will only complain to Brady about the ball causing him to force things where he never had someone telling him when and where and who to throw to.Picking up a thug from Miami U named Merriweather helps none either,he has trouble off the field constantly.They have a very good team still dont get me wrong but I really think everyone else is starting to catch up with them especially in the talent department.

Yet another Jets fan who claims that locker room discontent will be the Pats downfall.

I'm not even going to respond to this nonsense:

They have a very good team still dont get me wrong but I really think everyone else is starting to catch up with them especially in the talent department.

TNJet, you talk of AFC teams getting better, do you not realize that out of all the AFC teams to get better, the Patriots got better the most. The only team that can compare with New England's off-sesaon is San Francisco's, and they're in the NFC.

New England will EASILY win 12-14 games and could win more.

TNJet, you talk of AFC teams getting better, do you not realize that out of all the AFC teams to get better, the Patriots got better the most. The only team that can compare with New England's off-sesaon is San Francisco's, and they're in the NFC.

New England will EASILY win 12-14 games and could win more.

There is no such thing as winning EASILY...

Archived