How many games will the Pats win this year?

TNJet

I just dont see it this year with the teams in the afc getting alot better and in the overall east.Look,to think we dont have a chance of beating them twice next year is ridiculous.We did beat them once last season on their home field,and dont we all agree that we are a better team now than a year ago? Then the Phins always give them fits,why? I will never know but they do,and I say they will be a few games better than last year with Green and Teddy Ginn in town.Bills are better...pats easily 8-8,or maybe 9-7 if lucky.Stallworth and Moss will clash,they are both gloryfied dawgs that will only complain to Brady about the ball causing him to force things where he never had someone telling him when and where and who to throw to.Picking up a thug from Miami U named Merriweather helps none either,he has trouble off the field constantly.They have a very good team still dont get me wrong but I really think everyone else is starting to catch up with them especially in the talent department.

Then you do not want to know that of the 4 losses I could see, your team was not one of the teams beating them.

Why again would Moss clash with Stallworth?

The Patriots spread the ball. Stallworth and Moss both signed contracts knowing this. Stallworth wants to be great so the Patriots pick-up the remaining 29 million of his 30 million dollar contract. Moss wants a ring. If anything, Moss' will drive Stallworth to succeed because he knows he has to be that much better to get the ball. Especially in a system that spreads the ball.

Why would Brady force the ball to appease either of them?

Brady, at the very least has two guys he is familiar with and a 10 years younger version of Troy Brown in Wes Welker. Again, his favorite receiver is the open one. I would have Peyton Manning type money if I got a buck for everytime he said that.

The AFC.

The AFC is a beast. The one thing I agree with you on. The Patriots are nowhere near a lock to win the Lamar Hunt Trophy. Last year, I thought we would be beat the Jets and be bounced by the Chargers. They were better as were the Colts. While both teams had worse off seasons, the Chargers are still very good and have LT. Peyton still has all the weapons and now a young dynamic WR in Anthony Gonzalez that is in a perfect situation. Great team. Great QB. Has two other great receivers ahead of him leaving him one on one with a LBer or a team's third best corner.

Everything you can look in the AFC Championship game as a possible reason for the Patriots demise. The Patriots have addressed. Wes Welker alone improved the receivers. If Stallworth and Moss contribute positively, even better. The LBers are better. Maybe not younger, but barring injuries...Eric Alexander should not be starting any playoff rematch with the Colts.

The Patriots are in a fight for the AFC. However, the Jets are not on that radar. Colts? Yes. Chargers? Yes.

Even the Ravens, Broncos, and Steelers could be beasts. The Jets? No. They will make it interesting, but the Patriots should have the division all but wrapped up by 16 December.

Then you do not want to know that of the 4 losses I could see, your team was not one of the teams beating them.

Why again would Moss clash with Stallworth?

The Patriots spread the ball. Stallworth and Moss both signed contracts knowing this. Stallworth wants to be great so the Patriots pick-up the remaining 29 million of his 30 million dollar contract. Moss wants a ring. If anything, Moss' will drive Stallworth to succeed because he knows he has to be that much better to get the ball. Especially in a system that spreads the ball.

Why would Brady force the ball to appease either of them?

Brady, at the very least has two guys he is familiar with and a 10 years younger version of Troy Brown in Wes Welker. Again, his favorite receiver is the open one. I would have Peyton Manning type money if I got a buck for everytime he said that.

The AFC.

The AFC is a beast. The one thing I agree with you on. The Patriots are nowhere near a lock to win the Lamar Hunt Trophy. Last year, I thought we would be beat the Jets and be bounced by the Chargers. They were better as were the Colts. While both teams had worse off seasons, the Chargers are still very good and have LT. Peyton still has all the weapons and now a young dynamic WR in Anthony Gonzalez that is in a perfect situation. Great team. Great QB. Has two other great receivers ahead of him leaving him one on one with a LBer or a team's third best corner.

Everything you can look in the AFC Championship game as a possible reason for the Patriots demise. The Patriots have addressed. Wes Welker alone improved the receivers. If Stallworth and Moss contribute positively, even better. The LBers are better. Maybe not younger, but barring injuries...Eric Alexander should not be starting any playoff rematch with the Colts.

The Patriots are in a fight for the AFC. However, the Jets are not on that radar. Colts? Yes. Chargers? Yes.

Even the Ravens, Broncos, and Steelers could be beasts. The Jets? No. They will make it interesting, but the Patriots should have the division all but wrapped up by 16 December.

As for your AFC predictions... How can you possibly determine that before training camp has even started...never mind the preseason or reg. season.

As for your AFC predictions... How can you possibly determine that before training camp has even started...never mind the preseason or reg. season.

Um....the Chargers and Colts were clearly the class of the AFC last year.

Here are some standings to refresh your memory.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings?season=2006&breakdown=2&split=0

While both teams had turnover (Colts losing D personnel and Chargers Coaching staff), their best players and largely the core of their respective teams are still intact.

The Ravens were real good and lost players, but still have alot of talent there.

The Broncos addressed some of their needs through the draft and free agency.

The Steelers probably had the most turnover, but they still have talent and there should no way Big Ben plays as bad as he did last year.

The Bengals and Jaguars are teams that one day will get their act together and be dangerous.

I would say out of the 6 playoff teams, the CHiefs are the only team to really fall off and I am not sure the Jets added enough to hold off or jump ahead any of the teams they fought with last year.

There is no such thing as winning EASILY...

Sure there is.

Like a 37-16 playoff victory when the opposing QB throws right into your star CB's hands with 5 some minutes to play.;-)

Archived