OT: New Type of Movie Theatre

PatsFanTX

Went to see Monster-In-Law (Wanda Sykes stole the entire show) Saturday night with Mrs.PatsFanTX.

This new theatre opened up a few weeks ago and they serve you beer, mixed drinks and food during the entire movie.

Every two seats has a table right in front and all you have to do is push a little button and a waiter/waitress comes by and takes your order. They keep a running tab and you pay at the end of the movie.

I had a half a rack of baby back ribs and 3 ice cold pints of Shinerbock. Mrs.PatsFanTX had Blackened Redfish and two glasses of wine.

Pretty cool drinking a few cold ones watching a movie. Sure as hell beats stale popcorn and watered-down soda.

Went to see Monster-In-Law (Wanda Sykes stole the entire show) Saturday night with Mrs.PatsFanTX.

This new theatre opened up a few weeks ago and they serve you beer, mixed drinks and food during the entire movie.

Every two seats has a table right in front and all you have to do is push a little button and a waiter/waitress comes by and takes your order. They keep a running tab and you pay at the end of the movie.

I had a half a rack of baby back ribs and 3 ice cold pints of Shinerbock. Mrs.PatsFanTX had Blackened Redfish and two glasses of wine.

Pretty cool drinking a few cold ones watching a movie. Sure as hell beats stale popcorn and watered-down soda.

My dad has one fo these by his house in West Palm Beach....I love it.

It's like going to dinner at the movies,this place serves food and drinks too.

The only problem i have is when they drop off food to the people infront of you and you miss some of the movie.

I wish they had these in NY.

The only problem i have is when they drop off food to the people infront of you and you miss some of the movie.

I heard about that ....they also have a web cam for their theatre, below is the pic of your lady in front of that table......

102517_PICS-little-bikini-FAT-ON-STOOL.jpg

I heard about that ....they also have a web cam for their theatre, below is the pic of your lady in front of that table......

102517_PICS-little-bikini-FAT-ON-STOOL.jpg

I thought that this would be a problem too.

However, both the waiters and waitresses did a very nice job bending down serving the food and drinks.

Really wasn't a problem at all.

I thought that this would be a problem too.

However, both the waiters and waitresses did a very nice job bending down serving the food and drinks.

Really wasn't a problem at all.

its a muvico in boca raton actually, ive been there there is a seperate entrance and you take this escalator all the way up where there is a full bar and restaurant and concession stand...all seats are reserved in advance and you sit on leather sofas made for two and watch teh movies from a balcony view above all teh other patrons, pretty awesome and not too bad for 17 bucks a pop and all teh popcorn you can eat!!! how often do you come down this way smizz?

its a muvico in boca raton actually, ive been there there is a seperate entrance and you take this escalator all the way up where there is a full bar and restaurant and concession stand...all seats are reserved in advance and you sit on leather sofas made for two and watch teh movies from a balcony view above all teh other patrons, pretty awesome and not too bad for 17 bucks a pop and all teh popcorn you can eat!!! how often do you come down this way smizz?

Where do u live? Bumf*%K , Idaho?

They have had those for 20-30 years where civilization has running water?

Papi I've been to that place in Boca, it's unbelievable. Wish we had one up here in Detroit.

Anyone else curious what Mrs. Pats Fan TX looks like? :lol:

Papi I've been to that place in Boca, it's unbelievable. Wish we had one up here in Detroit.

Anyone else curious what Mrs. Pats Fan TX looks like? :lol:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. Hell, we've had one of those in Kansas for as long as I can remember. This is along the lines of Jetdawg and his "TEVO" that he's under the impression that nobody has ever heard of.

live 10 mins from the Movieco and it is great..cost a bit more but valet parking is included and usually no kids so depending on what type movie you see, it can be quite enjoyable..lol

live 10 mins from the Movieco and it is great..cost a bit more but valet parking is included and usually no kids so depending on what type movie you see, it can be quite enjoyable..lol

Excellent point 13.

I don't think there was one kid under 18 in the theatre when we went.

Excellent point 13.

I don't think there was one kid under 18 in the theatre when we went.

as much as Tx might say otherwise, that would be my kind of movie night!! Make it no one under 21 even better! :lol:

you know how they have All ages shows for concerts...how about concerts for the over 30 crowD!!!

My question is what kind of a commie watches this movie? I thought you boys down in Texas had some balls and wouldn't stand for a movie like this :mrgreen:

My question is what kind of a commie watches this movie? I thought you boys down in Texas had some balls and wouldn't stand for a movie like this :mrgreen:

Good question, but even Rednecks have to relent to the wishes of our better half on a few occasions.

Not often, but it still does happen. :wink:

Good question, but even Rednecks have to relent to the wishes of our better half on a few occasions.

Not often, but it still does happen. :wink:

come on, admit it Tx, the wife wanted to see the new Jet Li movie but you held out for Monster-in-law

TX,

Where in Houston was the movie theatre? I checked out the Alamo at the West Oaks Mall a while back, it was pretty nice. I was worried that there would be people talking the entire time but it really wasn’t that bad. I’ve been meaning to check it out again for some time.

Archived