Yanks happy to see Stewart break up Schills no no

Matt39

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last time I checked, when Stewart broke up the no hitter it was not the end of the game yet.

beat me to it.... the Yanks were obviously happy they had a shot to get even closer to the Sox in the standings...

Last time I checked, when Stewart broke up the no hitter it was not the end of the game yet.

Here's the fatal flaw in that argument: According to what was posted, the Yankees were still yucking it up even after the game ended. Mussina was joking with a reporter about it.

Curt Schilling just pitched a 1-hit shutout. Let's all laugh at him, even though the Yanks haven't had anyone on the roster who can do that in 5 years. Good call guys.

Here's the fatal flaw in that argument: According to what was posted, the Yankees were still yucking it up even after the game ended. Mussina was joking with a reporter about it.

Curt Schilling just pitched a 1-hit shutout. Let's all laugh at him, even though the Yanks haven't had anyone on the roster who can do that in 5 years. Good call guys.

LOL

Like when Wang had a perfect game in the 8th inning and when Phil Hughes had a no hitter in the 7th? Both of which were this season.

Yeah, good call!

How sad.

Somewhere Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig and Bernie Williams are turning over in their graves.

If Bernie Williams were actually dead, at least he'd be a Williams corpse with his head still attached.

ted_williams_head.png

Isn't Hughes on the DL?

Has Hughes been on the Yankees roster in the past 5 years? Yes or No?

Has Chien Ming Wang been on the Yankees roster in the last 5 years? Yes or no?

If the answer to both questions is YES, then apparently you made an incorrect statement when you said this:

"Let's all laugh at him, even though the Yanks haven't had anyone on the roster who can do that in 5 years."

Has Hughes been on the Yankees roster in the past 5 years? Yes or No?

Has Chien Ming Wang been on the Yankees roster in the last 5 years? Yes or no?

If the answer to both questions is YES, then apparently you made an incorrect statement when you said this:

"Let's all laugh at him, even though the Yanks haven't had anyone on the roster who can do that in 5 years."

If you want to play a semantics battle, I was indeed correct. Neither Wang nor Hughes did what Schilling did.

If you want to play a semantics battle, I was indeed correct. Neither Wang nor Hughes did what Schilling did.

Actually, in the semantics battle, you said "who can do that", which relates to ability. Clearly, Wang and Hughes have shown the ability to throw 1-hit shutouts. You lose... again.

Actually, in the semantics battle, you said "who can do that", which relates to ability. Clearly, Wang and Hughes have shown the ability to throw 1-hit shutouts. You lose... again.

Ding Ding we have a winner. I cant believe jetsfan80 didnt actually concede he was wrong.

You leave out the part "one game means nothing".... lol... you need to butcher his post to make your point?

Wow SD takes people's points completely out of context to lie and make them look bad? I guess nothing has changed in a month.

So, when you say his numbers are getting worse, one game doesn't count?

No... when your on a steady decline... one blip (game) in the decline... does not change the fact that he is going down hill...

Disclaimer: I am only trying to explain Madmikes POV... I dont know if he is correct... :)

No... when your on a steady decline... one blip (game) in the decline... does not change the fact that he is going down hill...

Disclaimer: I am only trying to explain Madmikes POV... I dont know if he is correct... :)

So, if these numbers are in a steady decline, it must mean that his ERA must be worse than last year? Right?

ERA is a number isn't it?

Im not sure why the Yankees would care so much about a no-hitter...Abreu, Giambi*, Melky, and Cano have hundreds of no hitters between them this year.

Abreu is hitting .476 this month and Cano .308 so by all means pleeaaaasssseeeeeee keep bashing them.

How sad.

Somewhere Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig and Bernie Williams are turning over in their graves.

Hey...didn't you take your ball and go home a week or so ago? Looks like you need the Baseball forum more than it needs you.

Hey...didn't you take your ball and go home a week or so ago? Looks like you need the Baseball forum more than it needs you.

And with how the Yankees have been winning and the Red Sox losing since his return, who can complain?

Go read the article.........a HR should have gotten the Yankees reaction not a nice opposite field hit.

Archived