Satellite TV Advice

Bob

The wife and I are buying a house that's out of the reach of cable TV.

Most of the usual cable channels seem to be part of all the packages on both DirecTV and Dish Network. I NEED to get the Jets games and I NEED the YES Network. I'd like, but don't require, Sportsnet NY. Don't need NFL Sunday Ticket, but would like the NFL Network.

I'd also like not to spend a fortune.

Any advice from you guys with dishes?

DirecTv has all that on it's sports tier(YES, SNY, NFL Network). I bought Directv for the Sunday Ticket, but since I go to 7-9 games a year, it turned out to be pretty pointless. SAnd havinga wife means often things get done on Sundays when the Jets are on the raod or off. When you add in Sunday Night ESPN, the NFL Network, late season Saturday games and Sunday doubleheaders, You'll still see more than enough football. There are some great things on the Sunday Ticket-1/2 hour game summaries, stats. But the problem is that you're paying $180 for stuff that you won't see on days you go to the game.

I would suggest you get the HD/DVR combo box, which is a little more expensive, but well worth it. Seems to be light years aehad of their previous technology-no problems at all.

Dish Network(whom I work for) doesnt carry Yes or the NFL Ticket(It will be gone in a few years though as the NFL is leaning towards PPV games anyways). Dish Network as far as Yankee games goes, you will get ESPN and whatever RSN you qualify for(sans YES) and you can get WWOR anywhere in the US. Dish Network is not your option for sports my friend.

Dish Network(whom I work for) doesnt carry Yes or the NFL Ticket(It will be gone in a few years though as the NFL is leaning towards PPV games anyways). Dish Network as far as Yankee games goes, you will get ESPN and whatever RSN you qualify for(sans YES) and you can get WWOR anywhere in the US. Dish Network is not your option for sports my friend.

That is valuable information. Thanks.

Archived