Overrated / Underrated = Jets - CBS.Sportsline.com

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New York Jets

Overrated

QB Chad Pennington. Can he be a Super Bowl quarterback? I doubt it. He threw 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. He's just okay.

Underrated

S Kerry Rhodes. Much like Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals, his time in the spotlight will eventually come. He's too good a player for that not to happen.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10205109

I do not think Rhodes is going to be underrated much longer. He is starting to show up on Top 5 and 10 lists.

How is Chad over rated?

Most people wonder if his arm will stay attached...

Easily. Most of the national media, for some ungodly reason, views him as an above average / good Quarterback when really he is nothing more then mediocre.

Easily. Most of the national media, for some ungodly reason, views him as an above average / good Quarterback when really he is nothing more then mediocre.

He is a good QB, but they aren't irrational about him... they admit his weaknesses... Nobody even thinks he can make it through another full season... how is that over rated... nobody is claiming he is great...

He is a good QB, but they aren't irrational about him... they admit his weaknesses... Nobody even thinks he can make it through another full season... how is that over rated... nobody is claiming he is great...

The fact that most are claiming he is even good, makes him overrated.

The fact that most are claiming he is even good, makes him overrated.

He is good, to say he is not a good QB is crazy... he brings a lot to the table... but all you look at is his not cannon arm...

Its no coincidence that when Chad plays the JETS get in the playoffs... he is a great leader, an accurate passer, great game manager, and now has shown he can stay healthy and run a very complicated no huddle offense.

He is good, to say he is not a good QB is crazy... he brings a lot to the table... but all you look at is his not cannon arm...

Its no coincidence that when Chad plays the JETS get in the playoffs... he is a great leader, an accurate passer, great game manager, and now has shown he can stay healthy and run a very complicated no huddle offense.

The same Chad who makes the playoffs and falls to pieces?

Listen without getting to far into this...

A starting NFL QB who has gone through what he has and still comes back to complete a full season and make the playoffs... is not over rated because he is considered to be good...

Listen without getting to far into this...

A starting NFL QB who has gone through what he has and still comes back to complete a full season and make the playoffs... is not over rated because he is considered to be good...

If Chad makes the playoffs and loses (which he always does) I'm good with that.

The national media has a love affair with Chad. I will never understand that.

He played very well against the colts and chargers,and I'd only describe a QB as falling to picies if he throws 3 or ints when the pressure is on,which chad hasn't done in the playoffs.You can make a case that he's not a great Qb or he might never be good enough to take us to the superbowl,but you can't deny how much better he makes the jets and that alone makes him a good QB.

If Chad makes the playoffs and loses (which he always does) I'm good with that.

The national media has a love affair with Chad. I will never understand that.

He is a great feel good story... and he has come back from more than anyone before him...

Nobody is claiming he is the next namath for the JETS... just a good player and a great leader...

He is a great feel good story... and he has come back from more than anyone before him...

Nobody is claiming he is the next namath for the JETS... just a good player and a great leader...

Has Chad ever lead the Jets to the AFC Championship Game?

Has Chad lead the Jets to 11 or more wins?

He "gets" it done in the regular season and then screws up in the playoffs. Can you argue with that?

Has Chad ever lead the Jets to the AFC Championship Game?

Has Chad lead the Jets to 11 or more wins?

He "gets" it done in the regular season and then screws up in the playoffs. Can you argue with that?

So in order to just be a good QB you need to go all the way to the AFC Championship game... those are your standards? There haven't been very many good QB's in your eyes then...

IN his ONE full season he led them to 10... if he stays healthy again he will be knocking on 11...

He doesnt screw up in the playoffs... he had 300 yards against your Pats...

We should just sign a guy in a wheelchair. You figure if Chad is great for being mediocre after shoulder injuries, a guy without legs should be considered the greatest QB of all time just for suiting up.

We should just sign a guy in a wheelchair. You figure if Chad is great for being mediocre after shoulder injuries, a guy without legs should be considered the greatest QB of all time just for suiting up.

Where does the word great keep coming from? Did you pull it out of your ass?

He is a GOOD QB... he is a playoff QB whenever he plays healthy or even unhealthy on occasion...

Your going to claim that he is not a good QB?

So in order to just be a good QB you need to go all the way to the AFC Championship game... those are your standards? There haven't been very many good QB's in your eyes then...

IN his ONE full season he led them to 10... if he stays healthy again he will be knocking on 11...

He doesnt screw up in the playoffs... he had 300 yards against your Pats...

He is in his 7th year as an NFL QB and your comeback is he threw for 300 against the Pats? Can you let me know who won that game?

If you want regular season glory then Chad is your man.

He is in his 7th year as an NFL QB and your comeback is he threw for 300 against the Pats? Can you let me know who won that game?

If you want regular season glory then Chad is your man.

He threw for 300 yards in the playoff game...

Either way... to claim he isnt a good QB is just stupid and setting your standards too high...

According to your logic... because Peyton Manning stunk it up in the playoffs... until this year, he was over rated...

He threw for 300 yards in the playoff game...

Either way... to claim he isnt a good QB is just stupid and setting your standards too high...

According to your logic... because Peyton Manning stunk it up in the playoffs... until this year, he was over rated...

Chad Pennington sucks in the playoffs. Apart from the Colts game years ago he has done nothing when it counts.

Chad Pennignton: 2 playoff wins.

Peyton Manning: 7 playoff wins and a Super Bowl.

Tom Brady: 12 playoff wins and 3 Super Bowls.

Chad Pennington sucks in the playoffs. Apart from the Colts game years ago he has done nothing when it counts.

No one,and I mean no one is saying that Chad Pennington is on the level of Payton or Tom.Can you please point me in the direction of the media personalities who are saying that Chad is as good as Manning and Brady?

Manning and Brady are great Qbs.

Chad is not great,but he's good.

No one,and I mean no one is saying that Chad Pennington is on the level of Payton or Tom.Can you please point me in the direction of the media personalities who are saying that Chad is as good as Manning and Brady?

Manning and Brady are great Qbs.

Chad is not great,but he's good.

ecurb is happy with Chad as his guy. If you want to make the playoffs (and play on the road) Chad is your man.

If the Jets want to overtake the Pats in the AFCE they need a QB who can get it done. Chad isn't that guy.

ecurb is happy with Chad as his guy. If you want to make the playoffs (and play on the road) Chad is your man.

If the Jets want to overtake the Pats in the AFCE they need a QB who can get it done. Chad isn't that guy.

Like i said earlier,you can make a case that he isn't great or isn't good enough to get us to a superbowl but that wasn't the question.He makes the jets better,he has won two playoff games which is more than the majority of NFL QBs,and that alone makes him good.

Like i said earlier,you can make a case that he isn't great or isn't good enough to get us to a superbowl but that wasn't the question.He makes the jets better,he has won two playoff games which is more than the majority of NFL QBs,and that alone makes him good.

Chad has won 2 playoff games..............2!

What is the criteria to name starting QB's how have won more games than Chad in the playoffs? Do we start in 2002 or 2003?

Let me know.

Oh wow. Chad Pennington once threw for 300 yards in a playoff game, yeah. About 75 of those in garbage time and another 75 on a 15, 20 yard pass that Cotchery took the other 55, 60 yards.

This is just the NFC:

Delhomme, McNabb, Farvre, Vick, Hasselback, & Grossman have won 2 or more playoff games.

Chad has won 2 playoff games..............2!

What is the criteria to name starting QB's how have won more games than Chad in the playoffs? Do we start in 2002 or 2003?

Let me know.

It's about 11 starting QBs have two or more wins in the playoffs.12 if we count Jay Plummer and that was for there whole career.About 8 players if we go from 2002.

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY THAT???

He was our best player vs the Pats and if it wasnt for a freak play we may have won that damn game. He was consistently moving the ball deep into your territory and your great defence couldnt stop him, untili very late on when we were forced to play catch up.

If we would have had played half decent defence we would have won that game IMO.He played a heck of a lot better than Peyton 'choker' Manning did throughout his playoffs when he needed a half to warm up.His defence won him that SB(in the PO's anyways.), and thats something I didnt think Id ever say.

Congrats. Chad Pennington won a home playoff game against Peyton Manning, who we know is not followed by tremendous postseason success and also won against an inexpereinced, young San Diego team in 2004.

2 playoff wins do NOT put you up in the upper echelon of NFL Quarterbacks. Get real.

Wow 2 Wild Card wins oh baby!

WTF does any of that have to do with him being over rated? Your trying to bash Chad... which is only helping prove my point that he is NOT over rated...

Bottom line, and the facts:

The National Media, especially a lot in New York, feel as if Chad Pennington is a GOOD NFL Quarterback when he is just purely mediocre. He is mediocre when he is perceived good, that is how he is over-rated.

Archived