Overrated / Underrated = Jets - CBS.Sportsline.com

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But they are 9-18 without chad pennington which is .333.And quite frankly I believe a good QB makes up for a .200 increase in a teams win rating,not a an average QB.

Judging a QB by their record against winning teams is probably a better way of judging great QBs,but we're not debating if Chad is a great QB,we are discussing if he is a good QB.

And 0.559 is above medicore.So at worst Chad is an above medicore QB by the very least;)

You cannot include 2005.

2005, the entire team was hurt it seemed.

Then again, that was one year John Abraham could stay healthy, imagine that.:eek:

04, Quincy Carter was one stupid pass by LaMont Jordan away from being 3-0 as the starter. Imagine that!:)

Brady has won 14 games in a season twice.

Brady has thrown 28 TD's in season.

The most INT's Brady has ever thrown in a season is 14.

Brady has been to 4 AFC Championship Games in 7 seasons and has won 3 Super Bowls.

Has Chad even come close?

Um... close to an AFC Championship game? Yes. Yes, he has. As you know, Brady is irrelevant to this thread, he is a great qb. So was Favre. This "discussion" really is something new. I've never heard this kind of thing discussed at Jet Nation. If it weren't for learning about Jetophile's tattoo the entire thing would be worthless.

I think some are losing sight of the debate. You can indeed be overrated, even if you aren't good. Chad is a perfect example of that as he is a below average QB, but yet I think there is too much fascination about his comeback from numerous injuries and I believe the some of the national media ranks him too high at times. His perseverance through injuries is indeed a feel good story that the media eats up almost every week but unfortunately the reality is it left his arm even worse than it was before the injury which isn't good for the Jets.

To rate Chad as a good QB would be a clear case of him being overrated.

You cannot include 2005.

2005, the entire team was hurt it seemed.

Then again, that was one year John Abraham could stay healthy, imagine that.:eek:

04, Quincy Carter was one stupid pass by LaMont Jordan away from being 3-0 as the starter. Imagine that!:)

I'll let Barton handle this one.

excuses. excuses. excuses.

I'm saying that Chad will never take you to the Championship Game.

I actually got your message the first time.But unless you judge a QB to be good by reaching the championship game then this has nothing to do with debate.

Originally Posted by Irish Jet viewpost.gif

LOL. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!

INDY VS BALTIMORE

Indy win 15-6

by kicking 5 FIELD GOALS which of course dont win you championships!!!

worked out pretty well for them dont ya think. rolleyes.gif

They did not win a championship that game dumbass.

What are you saying the Jets would have vs the Pats DUMBASS!!!

I'll let Barton handle this one.

Wow, you are clueless when it comes to Quarterback play. Brooks Bollinger and Vinny Testaverde led that injury raiden team to a 4-12 record. Chad Pennington might have done as well as 6-10, barely any better.

Once Chad is gone or benched and a real Quarterback is inserted into the starting lineup, all you Pennington lovers will finally be able to see what real Quarterback play is again.

Wow, you are clueless when it comes to Quarterback play. Brooks Bollinger and Vinny Testaverde led that injury raiden team to a 4-12 record. Chad Pennington might have done as well as 6-10, barely any better.

Once Chad is gone or benched and a real Quarterback is inserted into the starting lineup, all you Pennington lovers will finally be able to see what real Quarterback play is again.

Yeah, the Jay Fiedler/Jonny Kitna clone will show us.

another day, another repeated post... :yawn:

Clueless?Ding ding ding,124 wins.

Once again 124 just states his opinion and treats it as fact.Most people would of expected the Jets to post a better record than 6-10 with Chad but you are going to state that it's 6 wins and not back it up,unless you saying that Chad isn't a real quarterback.

Of course lets say chad pennington was playing with this injury riddled team.Would that stop you from blaming the 10 loses you foresee at Chads door or would you take into account the factors that can affect a QBs play?It's hard to tell,becuase you are the first to make excuses for Chads wins and the first to blame the losses on him.

Brady has won 14 games in a season twice.

Brady has thrown 28 TD's in season.

The most INT's Brady has ever thrown in a season is 14.

Brady has been to 4 AFC Championship Games in 7 seasons and has won 3 Super Bowls.

Has Chad even come close?

Really Brady has won these games ALL BY HIMSELF?? The Pats have had a better TEAM for years. Better defense, better coaching and a better offense since Brady took over. No one can deny that. But giving total credit to Brady is insane. Put Brady on the Lions and he might be out of football right now or be mediocre at best. Brady is a very smart, very good QB on a great football team. But if it isn't for Vinatieri, Brady's career won/ loss record wouldn't be near as impressive. Wasn't Vinatieri their MVP a number of times? I not sure if he was ever a SB MVP. But he probably should have been. He was/is clutch.

Chad is a good QB on a currently good team. Chad has NEVER played on teams as good as Brady's Patriots teams. Put Chad on the Pats and it is possible that his stats are comparable to Brady's. At the least I believe that he would have better stats. He would have more success in the post season.

Clueless?Ding ding ding,124 wins.

Once again 124 just states his opinion and treats it as fact.Most people would of expected the Jets to post a better record than 6-10 with Chad but you are going to state that it's 6 wins and not back it up,unless you saying that Chad isn't a real quarterback.

Of course lets say chad pennington was playing with this injury riddled team.Would that stop you from blaming the 10 loses you foresee at Chads door or would you take into account the factors that can affect a QBs play?It's hard to tell,becuase you are the first to make excuses for Chads wins and the first to blame the losses on him.

2005, the blame would not have been on Chad Pennington. That is the one and only year that you could not put the blame on him because of all the injuries that were on both sides of the ball.

The fact that most casual observers consider Pennington above average shows that he is over-rated in the national media.

Now, if we're talking Jets FANS over-rating players? That would be a toss-up between Chad and Thomas Jones.

The fact that most casual observers consider Pennington above average shows that he is over-rated in the national media.

Now, if we're talking Jets FANS over-rating players? That would be a toss-up between Chad and Thomas Jones.

Chad is grossly underrated on this website.

Oh, I forgot.

You think Chad is better than Drew Brees.

Is Thomas Jones also better than Larry Johnson?

Coles > Steve Smith?

Kimo > Seymour?

If someone believed what you said about Chad they would think he's by far the worst QB in the NFL and that he would probably be the worst QB in the CFL too.

And BTW I still believe that Chad would put up better numbers than Brees if put in similar situations but that has more to do with how overrated I think Brees is than that I think Chad is that great.

If someone believed what you said about Chad they would think he's by far the worst QB in the NFL and that he would probably be the worst QB in the CFL too.

And BTW I still believe that Chad would put up better numbers than Brees if put in similar situations but that has more to do with how overrated I think Brees is than that I think Chad is that great.

I do not think Chad is the worst QB in the league. However, he is one of the absolute worst starting QBs in the game today. And, at 31 years old, he is probably better suited as a mentor to a young QB. He would make a terrific backup.

I do not think Chad is the worst QB in the league. However, he is one of the absolute worst starting QBs in the game today. And, at 31 years old, he is probably better suited as a mentor to a young QB. He would make a terrific backup.

OK Worst starting QB. You still amazingly underrate him if you really think that.

OK Worst starting QB. You still amazingly underrate him if you really think that.

Once again, not what I said.

For someone that cries so much about posters taking what you said out of context in the baseball forum, you sure have no problem using that tactic yourself.

Once again, not what I said.

For someone that cries so much about posters taking what you said out of context in the baseball forum, you sure have no problem using that tactic yourself.

How am I taking you out of context? You think he's one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. Thats underrating him.

How am I taking you out of context? You think he's one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. Thats underrating him.

You just said that I said he is THE worst starting QB, not ONE OF the worst, which is what I said.

This is a stupid ****ing argument. Welcome back, mike.

You just said that I said he is THE worst starting QB, not ONE OF the worst, which is what I said.

This is a stupid ****ing argument. Welcome back, mike.

This thread is about overrated or underrated jets. You think Chad is one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. You're underrating him. Thats why I said that he's underrated on this website by you and many others.

This thread is about overrated or underrated jets. You think Chad is one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. You're underrating him. Thats why I said that he's underrated on this website by you and many others.

Well, when Chad is a backup on some other team two years from now, I guess we'll see who was right.

Well, when Chad is a backup on some other team two years from now, I guess we'll see who was right.

He could get a starting job with another team in a second if the jets let him go. Lets see if the great Kellen Clemens can beat him out in TC. It should be easy for him to beat out one of the worst starters in the NFL if he's really a good QB prospect...

He could get a starting job with another team in a second if the jets let him go. Lets see if the great Kellen Clemens can beat him out in TC. It should be easy for him to beat out one of the worst starters in the NFL if he's really a good QB prospect...

Yeah, I could definitely see Chad getting a starting job somewhere like Kansas City. That's about it.

Kellen Clemens will be the Jets starter before the season is over. Bank on that.

Yeah, I could definitely see Chad getting a starting job somewhere like Kansas City. That's about it.

Kellen Clemens will be the Jets starter before the season is over. Bank on that.

I hope he's better than Chad because that means he's pretty good. And i'm glad he'll get the chance to prove that in TC. If he can.

I hope he's better than Chad because that means he's pretty good. And i'm glad he'll get the chance to prove that in TC. If he can.

There is very little chance that Kellen Clemens is the opening day starter.

Mangini would get absolutely crucified by the media and (some) fans. Why? Because Chad Pennington is over-rated by the media and fans.

There is very little chance that Kellen Clemens is the opening day starter.

Mangini would get absolutely crucified by the media and (some) fans. Why? Because Chad Pennington is over-rated by the media and fans.

So you're saying that even if Mangini and his staff felt that Clemens would give the Jets a better chance to win than Chad that he would still start Chad to pacify the media and fans? There is no way you're going to get me to believe that.

So you're saying that even if Mangini and his staff felt that Clemens would give the Jets a better chance to win than Chad that he would still start Chad to pacify the media and fans? There is no way you're going to get me to believe that.

Yes, at the start of the season, that is exactly what I am saying.

We'll see how quick Mangini's trigger is if Chad struggles in the first couple of games.

Yes, at the start of the season, that is exactly what I am saying.

We'll see how quick Mangini's trigger is if Chad struggles in the first couple of games.

If Mangini starts the guy who he feels is the worse player just because of the media or fans he should be fired. The same goes for any coach. There is NO WAY that he'd care what the fans or media think if he felt that Clemens was the better player.

Archived