Attn...Long Islanders

Brenjetsfan

anyone have a friend/family/associate who may be looking for a house in Long Isalnd on the water?? Let me know here is the info on it........

returntosummary.gif newsearchdetails.gif printversion.gif 1907998.jpg

additional_photos.gifSEAFORD

List Price: $409,900

Taxes: $7,274.09 email_property.gif

bookmark_listing.gif

map_property.gif

calculate_mortgage.gif Single family, 5 room Cape

3 Bedrooms, 1 Full Bath

Gas, Hw heating

Detached Vinyl construction

Year Built: 1926

School Dist: Seaford

Lot: 30X75

Waterfront Property - Canal

Appearance: Excellent

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think seaford is right next to seacliff, and that is a pretty nice area, more of a newengland feel than LI. I race out of the seacliff yacht club over there, nice harbor. 400,000 for a house on the water is not bad, even a house that size.

I think seaford is right next to seacliff, and that is a pretty nice area, more of a newengland feel than LI. I race out of the seacliff yacht club over there, nice harbor. 400,000 for a house on the water is not bad, even a house that size.

Seacliff = North Shore

Seaford = South Shore

Those taxes are insane for that shoe box on a postage stamp! No offense!

You must have read my mind. I guess I've been spoiled by home prices out here. That house NOT on the water goes for $65,000 in Cheektowaga. (Buffalo suburb)

You must have read my mind. I guess I've been spoiled by home prices out here. That house NOT on the water goes for $65,000 in Cheektowaga. (Buffalo suburb)

But then you'd be living in Buffalo.

How far is that from Dave and Busters?

or....

891351a.jpg

$400,000

2401 Worthing Ct

Wake Forest, NC 27587

Square Feet: 2940

Bedrooms: 4

Bathrooms: 2 full, 1 half

Floorplan Design: Multi-level

Property Type: Detached

Architectural Style: Traditional

Year Built: 1997

Subdivision: Chartwell

MLS Area: 014B

MLS Number: 891351

Features:

New Construction: No

Inside City Limits: No

Basement: No

Fireplace: One

Parking: 2-car garage, Concrete

Association Fees: $0

Acreage: 1.53

Lot Dimensions: 236x300x197x299

Exterior Siding: Brick, Hardboard/masonite

Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Tile, Vinyl

Interior Features: Cable TV available, Walk-in closet

Appliances: Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric dryer hookup, Electric range, Garage Opener, Icemaker connection, Microwave, Range hood

Heating System: Dual zone, heat pump

Cooling System: Dual zone, Heat pump

Room Dimensions:

First Floor Living:13x12Dining:12x11Kitchen:12x12Breakfast:18x7Entrance:8x6Family:16x13Garage:24.3x24.3Deck:14x14

Second Floor Master Bedroom:15x132nd Bedroom:12x113rd Bedroom:11x114th Bedroom:16x12Utility Room:8x7

Third Floor Bonus Room:34x14

School Information:

Elementary: Wake - Wakefield

Middle: Wake - Wakefield

High: Wake - Wakefield

School Info: Wake County Schools

or....

891351a.jpg

$400,000

2401 Worthing Ct

Wake Forest, NC 27587

Square Feet: 2940

Bedrooms: 4

Bathrooms: 2 full, 1 half

Floorplan Design: Multi-level

Property Type: Detached

Architectural Style: Traditional

Year Built: 1997

Errr I'll take door #2 Marty. You could probably fit the entire LI house in the garage.

its south shore....

Guys you can't compare living in Jersey, NY Conn..**** you can get a 10 Bedroom mansion in Georgia for 400..but hey you want NYC/LI your gonna pay, just like a house down the shore in Jersey 2 bd on water $400 go north and pay 400 for a bigger house but in the burbs....NO COMPARISON....I personally... NO OFFENSE to anyone here could never live in PA,CT or NYC....but thats me I LOVE THE JERSEY SHORE....5 min to shore, 1 hour to my JETS....thats all I need...carry on ....:vactiontime:

Lol, shows how much i know about LI, I generally avoid it like the plague.

Why is that? Is it the pristine beaches you detest? (Of which two, by the way, rank in the top 10 in the country) Or maybe it's the affordable-but-above-average wines produced? Perhaps it's the Gold Coast or Hamptons party scene? Could it be the world class fishing and boating? Wait, it must be the beautiful golf courses that often host PGA events. Is it because you hate professional hockey and baseball?

Just curious.

Why is that? Is it the pristine beaches you detest? (Of which two, by the way, rank in the top 10 in the country) Or maybe it's the affordable-but-above-average wines produced? Perhaps it's the Gold Coast or Hamptons party scene? Could it be the world class fishing and boating?

Just curious.

No, it's the Lawn Guylanders. ;)

Why is that? Is it the pristine beaches you detest? (Of which two, by the way, rank in the top 10 in the country) Or maybe it's the affordable-but-above-average wines produced? Perhaps it's the Gold Coast or Hamptons party scene? Could it be the world class fishing and boating? Wait, it must be the beautiful golf courses that often host PGA events. Is it because you hate professional hockey and baseball?

Just curious.

No, the LIE, the hamptons traffic, and the insular suburb feeling of the place. I do enjoy the Sound, but prefer to spash from the CT side if possible because the traffic is not nearly as bad or if i take the rail i prefer metro north out of grand central to the LIR out of penn. As for the party scene, i do the NYC nightlife thing in the fall/winter/spring, in the summer i don't want to go away to the beach and deal with door lines and vip tables, so I head to the jersey shore where i can get a REAL beach scene and nightlife where i can go out in flipflops and my beatup cargo shorts. Of course it is all about personal taste and preference.

BTW, i tried some LI wine, there is nothing "above average" about it.

anyone have a friend/family/associate who may be looking for a house in Long Isalnd on the water?? Let me know here is the info on it........

returntosummary.gif newsearchdetails.gif printversion.gif 1907998.jpg

additional_photos.gifSEAFORD

List Price: $409,900

Taxes: $7,274.09 email_property.gif

bookmark_listing.gif

map_property.gif

calculate_mortgage.gif Single family, 5 room Cape

3 Bedrooms, 1 Full Bath

Gas, Hw heating

Detached Vinyl construction

Year Built: 1926

School Dist: Seaford

Lot: 30X75

Waterfront Property - Canal

Appearance: Excellent

The good news? You can mow your lawn in 14 seconds.

No, the LIE, the hamptons traffic, and the insular suburb feeling of the place. I do enjoy the Sound, but prefer to spash from the CT side if possible because the traffic is not nearly as bad or if i take the rail i prefer metro north out of grand central to the LIR out of penn. As for the party scene, i do the NYC nightlife thing in the fall/winter/spring, in the summer i don't want to go away to the beach and deal with door lines and vip tables, so I head to the jersey shore where i can get a REAL beach scene and nightlife where i can go out in flipflops and my beatup cargo shorts. Of course it is all about personal taste and preference.

BTW, i tried some LI wine, there is nothing "above average" about it.

I agree with you that the traffic is dreadful, but I rather enjoy the suburb feel. (I don't know that insular is the word you were looking for. The only thing insular are the city people that grace us with their presence during the summer months. But we're happy to take your money :) )

While I agree that many of Long Island's wines leave a lot to be desired, they have come a long way over the past 5 to 7 years. Off the top of my head, Osprey's Dominion's '02 merlot is the best $20 bottle of red this side of the Mississippi.

I agree with you that the traffic is dreadful, but I rather enjoy the suburb feel. (I don't know that insular is the word you were looking for. The only thing insular are the city people that grace us with their presence during the summer months. But we're happy to take your money :) )

We used to call them 'cidiots'. I used to make so much loot bartending out there. Good times.

While I agree that many of Long Island's wines leave a lot to be desired, they have come a long way over the past 5 to 7 years. Off the top of my head, Osprey's Dominion's '02 merlot is the best $20 bottle of red this side of the Mississippi.

Bedell on the North Shore, and Duckwalk in Southampton were my favorites back then.

I think insular is the word i was looking for:

1. Suggestive of the isolated life of an island: “He is an exceedingly insular man, so deeply private as to seem inaccessible to the scrutiny of a novelist” (Leonard Michaels).
    2. Circumscribed and detached in outlook and experience; narrow or provincial.
    3. Now, i wasn't slamming people, i really think the natural geography of LI and the traffic getting out of there is probably why it feels like that out there.

Archived