What teams will have the best defenses in the AFC?

Blackout

Denver? what a joke. they have zero for pass rush, they lost Al Wilson to retirement and signed the aging (yet still decent, not good...just decent) Dre Bly. Sure they have the best corner in the game, but even he isn't as good as Deion Sanders. Receiver can and do have some success against him.

Denver will be carried by Cutler, or else they are in trouble.

SD

NE

Balt

Jax

Oak

Why is everyone so high on Denver? They were extremely dissapointing last year on D.

It's a little game called "follow the leader"...I think they'll be push overs this year.

When i made my list, i was struggling to find the number 5 D in the conference. Seems to be a pretty significant drop off after the top 3 or 4. IMO.

Why is everyone so high on Denver? They were extremely dissapointing last year on D.

pick up of bly was huge. having a #2 corner than is as good as most team's #1's takes a lot away from opposing offenses and makes the whole D better. bailey/bly is a sick combo and teams will have trouble scoring points on the broncos this year, especially when it turns nasty in denver.

pick up of bly was huge. having a #2 corner than is as good as most team's #1's takes a lot away from opposing offenses and makes the whole D better. bailey/bly is a sick combo and teams will have trouble scoring points on the broncos this year, especially when it turns nasty in denver.

corners can't hold forever. MN had a similar combo in winfield and Smoot, they had one of the worst pass D's in the league. with no pass rush, the CB's will be held out to dry, not to mention Lynch is a bum, i don't care that he made the pro bowl, he is not as good as Sharper.

I won't argue this any further, since it will be proven one way or the other this season, but their corners won't be their saving grace. If anything it will be their offense.

corners can't hold forever. MN had a similar combo in winfield and Smoot, they had one of the worst pass D's in the league. with no pass rush, the CB's will be held out to dry, not to mention Lynch is a bum, i don't care that he made the pro bowl, he is not as good as Sharper.

I won't argue this any further, since it will be proven one way or the other this season, but their corners won't be their saving grace. If anything it will be their offense.

it may not be their saving grace but denver's D--while a bit of a disappointment last year--is already a talented group. addition of bly was the final piece, not the saving grace.

it may not be their saving grace but denver's D--while a bit of a disappointment last year--is already a talented group. addition of bly was the final piece, not the saving grace.

i think you are forgetting their defensive line came crashing back to earth last year. All the ex-cleveland guys looked like they were back in cleveland, they coudln't do much of anything.

As for 07, denver will be really interesting to watch, they may contend with SD only because Oak, and KC are so bad. Who knows, they can always run the ball, maybe they'll be a top-tier team, i'm looking forward to watching them.

You are nuts if you think we have a better defense than San Diego.

I took the thread title to mean that at the end of the 2007 season how will the defenses be ranked. I think the Jets will be a top 5 defense next year.

Call me nuts, call me a homer. I just think we have something really special with this head coach and think he will make it happen.:penguin:

I took the thread title to mean that at the end of the 2007 season how will the defenses be ranked. I think the Jets will be a top 5 defense next year.

Call me nuts, call me a homer. I just think we have something really special with this head coach and think he will make it happen.:penguin:

top five NFL, or just AFC? i think we could land in the top five of the afc, but to include the bears, eagles, giants (ha, joke), i don't think the jets have much chance of landing top 5 in that regard.

hope i'm wrong though

top five NFL, or just AFC? i think we could land in the top five of the afc, but to include the bears, eagles, giants (ha, joke), i don't think the jets have much chance of landing top 5 in that regard.

hope i'm wrong though

I was going with the thread title, so top 5 in the afc (which should net a top 10 in the nfl), although top 5 in the nfl would be sweet.