Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

If Giambi returns this year he should return to the bench

Frank Catalanotto is a good hitter, esp vs the sox, and in his career at 1st base he has 560 innings, just 5 errors, a .992 fielding percentage. And he can play the outfield.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3746&context=fielding

The Rangers are rumored to go on a firing sale, so they probably would put Frank on the trade market seeing as how he's not a long term guy at 33 yrs old and just a rotational player for them.

I think what we REALLY need is a legit 8th inning set up man. I would go balls out and get Gagne from the Rangers. We need a lockdown 8th inning guy and Gagne would help a ton.

Excellent point Barton. In the off-season I was hoping the Yanks would get two guys...Ted Lilly and Cattalanato. Both very good players and both Sox killers.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who mentioned the Yanks getting Gagne but my concern is what the Yanks would have to give up to get him. If I'm Texas I'm not talking trade unless Cano is involved. JMO of course.

Giambi is an infinitely better hitter than Melky Cabrera.

Some of you have gone insane.

Yet for some reason the Yankees are a better team with Giambi out and Melky in. Go figure.

It's called the law of averages. Good hitters will eventually hit. Bobby Abreu wasn't going to hit .220 the entire season.

Do you honestly believe that the only reason Abreu and Cano are hitting is because Giambi isn't there?

Where did I say that? I just like the fact that taking a one dimensional player out of the line up has added to what the team can do as a whole. Damons legs are rested which makes him a threat on the bases again and Melky is a defensive upgrade in CF with Cairo (or anyone for that matter) being a better defensive option at first than if they were forced to put Giambi in there. I suppose I just like watching my team play fundamental baseball and win games.

I was happy to see that Torre didn't commit to anything when asked if Giambi would have his job when he returns. He took the old "we'll do whats best at the time approach"

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company