Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

If Giambi returns this year he should return to the bench

Why do I see a repeat of last season happening? Please Joe, keep this team the way it is. Melky needs to be our every day CF, Damon can DH.

Giambi brings zero to the table. We dont need his bat in the lineup.

OPS? WHo the hell cares geek. The guy cant run. He either hits a HR, K's or walks. Giambi walking is essentially useless because he can only run from base to base. He never drives the ball into the gaps, he is atrocious defensively and add in the fact we havent won jack with him here.

We should have got rid of him with Sheff, we dont need his bat in the lineup.

That could possibility be the most moronic thing i've ever read in my life.

Whats the point of having Giambi on base if he cant run?

Who gives a sh!t about Giambi's OPS when the Yankees are winning games like this?

Geeks

The yankees win 6 in a row vs 2 horrible teams and people want the 2nd best hitter on the team benched LOL.

Matsui, Abreu, Jeter, Arod, Cano, Damon > Giambi.

He was clearly hurt and 6 of those wins are against AWFUL teams. Giambi is a great hitter when he's healthy.

Please explain to me how Giambi is a great hitter without giving me his OPS.

Having Giambi in the lineup rubs off on the rest of the team and its not in a good way. They return to the same old "wait for the HR" approach which we have seen simply does not work in the playoffs.

If Giambi is forced to "carry the offense" then were simply not a good enough team. When the Yankees were winning rings name me someone who carried the offense. It didnt happen. Melky in the lineup is a better option at this point because he provides balance. We already have Arod as a slugger and thats more than enough considering the way he's hitting. Plugging the lineup with HR hitters just isnt a good idea and has gotten us nowhere.

Not saying you are wrong but all teams need one or two players "capable" of carrying the offense when .270 hitters like Melky have gone cold(er).

Just because the 96-2000 didn't have standout All-time superstars it doesn't mean that is the blueprint for Yankee success.

Those teams still had hitters like O'neil, Bernie,Fielder, Tino who could carry the team via the HR ball for a couple of weeks when needed. I wouldn't count on the Yanks going anywhere with only one legit HR source in the line-up.

And this team has hitters like Abreu, Damon and Matsui...who are all still capable of hitting HR's.

Posada, too.

I feel like I've said that before. ;)

haha. Jesus im losing it. Thats a testament to Posada though. I was killing him a few years ago, he's shutting me up.

Yet for some reason the Yankees are a better team with Giambi out and Melky in. Go figure.

They're a much better team. The Yankees couldnt give away Giambi right now. He has the worst contract in baseball not named Pavano.

Im sure the White Sox really wanted to swap a 6 million dollar contract for a 26 million dollar one.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company