Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

If Giambi returns this year he should return to the bench

Why do I see a repeat of last season happening? Please Joe, keep this team the way it is. Melky needs to be our every day CF, Damon can DH.

Giambi brings zero to the table. We dont need his bat in the lineup.

Zero to the table except a 950+ OPS every year he's healthy LOL.

Giambi* goes into slumps though

yeah, theres the times hes a .300/.430/.570 hitter

but for a long portion of the season he can be a .220/.350/.450 hitter, which is not what the Yankees really need.

When he's healthy he's a great hitter. The only times he's hit poorly as a yankee have been when he's hurt.

Giambi walking is essentially useless

That could possibility be the most moronic thing i've ever read in my life.

I'll put it this way when I saw Giambi was hurt and would be out for a while I was actually thought it was a good thing. The guy doesn't have much left and with him out we can play Cabrera regularly, who is a better CF than Damon at this point, and Damon can DH and stay fresh.

Who gives a sh!t about Giambi's OPS when the Yankees are winning games like this?

The yankees win 6 in a row vs 2 horrible teams and people want the 2nd best hitter on the team benched LOL.

I tell ya what though if Giambi does come back and gets his DH spot, he should hit no higher than 8th. He's not a good enough hitter anymore to hit 3-6 in the order.

Barton are you insane? He had a friggin 971 OPS last year.

Matsui, Abreu, Jeter, Arod, Cano, Damon > Giambi.
Thats just plain false.

And this year its .816. The Yankees are 8-2 since Giambi's been out. How do the peripherals look on that?

He was clearly hurt and 6 of those wins are against AWFUL teams. Giambi is a great hitter when he's healthy.

Please explain to me how Giambi is a great hitter without giving me his OPS.

The objective of a hitter is to avoid making outs. Giambi is the 31st best player in the history of baseball at avoiding making out.

Then how come he's been a .250 hitter since 2003?

He is a 1 dimensional pull hitter who clogs up the base paths and cant situational hit. He should bat no higer than 8th when he returns.

Thats why BA is a pretty meaningless stat. OBP is much more important.

There is no such thing as "clogging up the bases" as a negative.

He should never even see the bench... they should cut him loose...

This thread is insane.

Where has Giambi ever gotten the Yankees?

Nothing besides 4 hall of fame quality seasons. And in his bad seasons he was hurt.

Frank Catalanotto is a good hitter, esp vs the sox, and in his career at 1st base he has 560 innings, just 5 errors, a .992 fielding percentage. And he can play the outfield.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3746&context=fielding

The Rangers are rumored to go on a firing sale, so they probably would put Frank on the trade market seeing as how he's not a long term guy at 33 yrs old and just a rotational player for them.

I think what we REALLY need is a legit 8th inning set up man. I would go balls out and get Gagne from the Rangers. We need a lockdown 8th inning guy and Gagne would help a ton.

Agree on both counts. Cat is a guy the yankees should've signed before the season for depth (they have none) and gagne is a one year commitment that would give them a reason to get farnsworth out of here.

Possibly but I still expect and I think you'd agree that the Yanks will bring in a bat in the next month. Dimitri Young, Texiera, Helton or someone like that.

Remember Cashman per the Daily News, called the WSox after hearing about the Dye for Abreu rumors and tried to make that come to life.

Actually the opposite happened. The white sox wanted that trade and Cashman turned it down. wisely.

PS madmike- your yankeeprospects site is pretty much AWFUL.

Then don't use it.

100% correct. Madmike at it again. Unbelievable.

The Chicago White Sox were reportedly willing to trade Jermaine Dye to the Yankees for Bobby Abreu in a swap of outfielders who can become free agents at the end of the season. However, the Yankees had no interest. …

As per BP. I guess they are unbelievable too.

It's called the law of averages. Good hitters will eventually hit. Bobby Abreu wasn't going to hit .220 the entire season.

Do you honestly believe that the only reason Abreu and Cano are hitting is because Giambi isn't there?

they do. thats whats so amazing. they don't want giambi clogging up the bases.

That's total bull****. Cashman confirmed that he called the WSox GM after hearing of the proposed deal through the media, and was quickly told that the WSox had no interest. It was on the broadcast when the Yankees were in Chicago. I'm glad your "sources" are so credible :confused:

Lets see your source pal. Cashman would never confirm that in print.

Abreu rumor Dyes with GM call

Tuesday, June 5th 2007, 4:00 AM

CHICAGO - A published report in Chicago indicated the Yankees and White Sox were discussing a Bobby Abreu-for-Jermaine Dye trade, but sources said yesterday that Chicago had no desire to pursue such a deal.

A source with knowledge of the situation said Yankee GM Brian Cashman had followed up the report by placing a call to counterpart Kenny Williams, but Williams expressed no interest in swapping outfielders.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/06/05/2007-06-05_abreu_rumor_dyes_with_gm_call.html

Sit down, shut up, and call me your daddy. "Pal".

Sorry. I'm gonna trust Joe Sheheen who broke story after story this past off season more than some article in the Daily News. I doubt the Yankees would be stupid enough to think about doing this trade.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company