Apple TV..

K2C

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

That should answer most of your questions.

If you have others, let me know. I love mine.

BZ

Thanks BZ...

Can you watch things from your iPod when connected to iTunes? The reason i ask is because once I put something on my iPod (5,000+ songs and movies) I deleteit from iTunes.

What is the point of the Hard drive on apple TV? I see they have a new 160 GB HD available..what is the use of the HD?

How is the quality on the TV?

Any neat features you have discovered with yours?

Thanks ahead of time.

- You can watch things that are deleted, but they will be deleted when you next sync. Not sure why you would delete anything though.

- The hard drive is to store photos, podcasts, tv shows, movies and music. The Apple TV does not need to have another computer running to show those things. My 40GB is 80% full of stuff and automatically syncs to my computer when I add or delete things (podcasts). I will probably upgrade mine to 200GB (or 250GB) soon so I can sync EVERYTHING in my iTunes library which now about 90GB and I have about 38GB of photos in iPhoto.

- I have a 42" Panasonic ED Plasma and the quality is great. Not has good as DVD but just below and much better than DirecTV.

BZ

- You can watch things that are deleted, but they will be deleted when you next sync. Not sure why you would delete anything though.

- The hard drive is to store photos, podcasts, tv shows, movies and music. The Apple TV does not need to have another computer running to show those things. My 40GB is 80% full of stuff and automatically syncs to my computer when I add or delete things (podcasts). I will probably upgrade mine to 200GB (or 250GB) soon so I can sync EVERYTHING in my iTunes library which now about 90GB and I have about 38GB of photos in iPhoto.

- I have a 42" Panasonic ED Plasma and the quality is great. Not has good as DVD but just below and much better than DirecTV.

BZ

Does the Apple TV hardware force you to synch..or is there a way to turn it of like in iTunes?

Does the Apple TV hardware force you to synch..or is there a way to turn it of like in iTunes?

I think you can do it manually or just to sync nothing.

If you go that way, you can just stream everything from it (besides photos, which have to sync) from your Mac/PC to Apple TV. It works great over a 802.11n network, pretty good over g and not so well over b.

When I am syncing over n I get about 5MB per second.

BZ

I think you can do it manually or just to sync nothing.

If you go that way, you can just stream everything from it (besides photos, which have to sync) from your Mac/PC to Apple TV. It works great over a 802.11n network, pretty good over g and not so well over b.

When I am syncing over n I get about 5MB per second.

BZ

Can you surf the web and everything through the TV..or is it limited to iTunes?

Can you surf the web and everything through the TV..or is it limited to iTunes?

Just iTunes for now, but they are adding YouTube vidoes via an update soon and have committed to adding new features as a software update in the future.

I would expect surfing and probably buying directly from iTunes to come sooner than later.

BZ

Just iTunes for now, but they are adding YouTube vidoes via an update soon and have committed to adding new features as a software update in the future.

I would expect surfing and probably buying directly from iTunes to come sooner than later.

BZ

Very cool..thanks for all of the help!

Archived