Ice Road Truckers

Alk

I've seen the special on The History Channel but didn't realize that they were making it a series. Thanks Alk.

I've seen the special on The History Channel but didn't realize that they were making it a series. Thanks Alk.

Wasn't that a couple of years ago? I watched a show about the Ice Road Truckers on a lazy Sunday a few years back an it was alarming as well as entertaining.

Wasn't that a couple of years ago? I watched a show about the Ice Road Truckers on a lazy Sunday a few years back an it was alarming as well as entertaining.

Yeah Gainzo , it's been around for a couple of years and from time to time they'll show it. I agree, it was a most entertaining show but I doubt I'll watch the series with any regularity. After all, it's not exactly The Shield. :P

Yeah Gainzo , it's been around for a couple of years and from time to time they'll show it. I agree, it was a most entertaining show but I doubt I'll watch the series with any regularity. After all, it's not exactly The Shield. :P

It must be the off season. We are getting along :lol:

The Shield is great but I'm a big Rescue Me fan.

It must be the off season. We are getting along :lol:

The Shield is great but I'm a big Rescue Me fan.

I never got into Rescue Me. At the time it started I was maxed out on series. Too many plots, characters etc to keep straight. Looks like I missed out on a great show.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still watching this show? I am watching it but I'm losing interest. How many times do they have to state that they're hauling 60 tons over 36" of ice? This whiney TJ character needs to do a header through the ice and Hugh is a giant a$$hole that needs to have someone beat the f#ck out of him.

Is anyone still watching this show? I am watching it but I'm losing interest. How many times do they have to state that they're hauling 60 tons over 36" of ice? This whiney TJ character needs to do a header through the ice and Hugh is a giant a$$hole that needs to have someone beat the f#ck out of him.

Alk, is there a reasonable chance that someone will die during the season? If not then i just have no interest. Deadliest Catch is great because there is real danger there.

Alk, is there a reasonable chance that someone will die during the season? If not then i just have no interest. Deadliest Catch is great because there is real danger there.

There is the potential for the ice giving way under one of these big rigs. Could be interesting.

There is the potential for the ice giving way under one of these big rigs. Could be interesting.

Yeah there's the potential but it seems they pretty much have it down to a science. I think the last time they said they had some die has been like 15 years ago or something like that. They're just trying to play up the element of danger even though it barely exists.

Yeah there's the potential but it seems they pretty much have it down to a science. I think the last time they said they had some die has been like 15 years ago or something like that. They're just trying to play up the element of danger even though it barely exists.

They said that a guy in a plow went through in 2004. He didn't make it.

I don't remember which guy it was, but he was saying that he'd never drive into a ditch, and then he drove into a ditch. He was way too ****y.

I don't remember which guy it was, but he was saying that he'd never drive into a ditch, and then he drove into a ditch. He was way too ****y.

:lol: I don't remember who that was. My least favorite is definately that TJ dude. All he does is bitch and moan about how cold it is. Then he gets the chance to drive some guys brand new truck and f#cking wrecks it. What a douchebag.

:lol: I don't remember who that was. My least favorite is definately that TJ dude. All he does is bitch and moan about how cold it is. Then he gets the chance to drive some guys brand new truck and f#cking wrecks it. What a douchebag.

Damn I missed that although I taped Sundays show and haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I know what you mean about TJ. He bitched that his rig wasn't winterized and showed that he had to tape up everything etc. What a whiney little beatch. Hello it's not Miami beach what ya expect? . Hugh too is starting to grate on me. Everyone's a jerkoff but him. He knows it all and is sooo great. Give me a break already. He's one of the biggest losers on the show and is coming across as a total douche bag.

I just saw the preview for next week, Hugh saves a guy whose truck goes through the ice and sinks. I'm still into the show, I like watching these guys with the brass balls and bull****. Hugh is definitely The Man.

I just saw the preview for next week, Hugh saves a guy whose truck goes through the ice and sinks. I'm still into the show, I like watching these guys with the brass balls and bull****. Hugh is definitely The Man.

Hugh aggravated me when he was mocking out his own guys who couldn't leave Yellowknife when they closed the road because of a tip over accident. WTF were they supposed to do? Hugh lucked out because the accident was behind him and he was already close to the mine. He just came across as a big blow hard.

Hugh aggravated me when he was mocking out his own guys who couldn't leave Yellowknife when they closed the road because of a tip over accident. WTF were they supposed to do? Hugh lucked out because the accident was behind him and he was already close to the mine. He just came across as a big blow hard.

Yeah, that and when he was ripping on his own guys because their trucks broke down. As if they had anything to do with it. He's a jackass.

Yeah, that and when he was ripping on his own guys because their trucks broke down. As if they had anything to do with it. He's a jackass.

I love it when Hugh started rippin into Rick this week. The man's virtually outta control. At least a truck finally when thru the weakening ice.

I love it when Hugh started rippin into Rick this week. The man's virtually outta control. At least a truck finally when thru the weakening ice.

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to. I just told my wife last night that it's almost becoming a chore to watch this show. I don't give up on shows easily though so I'll probably stick it out through the season.

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to. I just told my wife last night that it's almost becoming a chore to watch this show. I don't give up on shows easily though so I'll probably stick it out through the season.

There's only 4 left I think. I can't see this show being around next year. Gettin boring. I must have seen that friggin double bottom tank tipped over on 3 episodes. Enough already!

• 3 weeks later...

You still watching Thai? The season finale is coming up. They're doing a marathon next sunday leading up to the finale. I think it's hilarious that Rick bailed on Hugh too. Rick was pretty much a whiney bitch but I can't blame him for walking. I was pissed when I saw that Hugh passed Rick on the leaderboard though. That is the last guy I wanted to see win this. Also leave it to f#cking punk a$$ TJ to get lost on the ice lake. What a douchebag.

Kinda got tired of it after 3 episodes.

It's really cold.

Trucks could go through the ice.

A truck is in the repair shop.

The road is closed for some accident.

Repeat.

The same formula works for "Deadliest Catch", but I'm not sure it works here after a certain point. One thing they could've done but never did-the DeBeers diamond mine in tundra must be a wild operation. And yet they really don't get into how that all works. My dad worked security for the Oppenheimer family(owners of DeBeers) for a brief time in the 1980s, and the money these people had was unreal. I figure DeBeers doesn't really want that discussed, nor some of their operations in Africa, which ahve become very controversial.

I watched the finale tonight. What a crock of $hit. I wish Hugh's drivers would have still been around to bust his chops about getting in an accident. Sure, maybe it wasn't his fault but what the f#ck, blame it on him anyway. I was hoping like hell that he wouldn't be able to get another truck started so he would lose. Oh well, looks like there's going to be a season two so maybe he'll fall through the ice yet.

I watched the finale tonight. What a crock of $hit. I wish Hugh's drivers would have still been around to bust his chops about getting in an accident. Sure, maybe it wasn't his fault but what the f#ck, blame it on him anyway. I was hoping like hell that he wouldn't be able to get another truck started so he would lose. Oh well, looks like there's going to be a season two so maybe he'll fall through the ice yet.

I haven't watched the finale yet. I got PO'd when Rick quit. I think that means all of Hugh's drivers were driven off (pun intended) by him. I really can't see a season 2. I for one will not watch any of it. Too boring, same old crap every week it seemed.

I haven't watched the finale yet. I got PO'd when Rick quit. I think that means all of Hugh's drivers were driven off (pun intended) by him. I really can't see a season 2. I for one will not watch any of it. Too boring, same old crap every week it seemed.

Hope it doesn't spoil anything for you but at the end of the finale that was a commercial saying to get ready for season 2.

• 9 months later...

Well, did anyone brave the first episode of Season 2? I did and I'm not sure why. I had to hit the info button to make sure I wasn't watching Season 1 all over again. At least they could have brought that douchebag TJ Tilcox back. :lol:

Well, did anyone brave the first episode of Season 2? I did and I'm not sure why. I had to hit the info button to make sure I wasn't watching Season 1 all over again. At least they could have brought that douchebag TJ Tilcox back. :lol:

I saw a preview during the weekend. I was shocked :shock: that Rick was back. After what that jerkoff Hugh did to him last year I figured he was long gone.

I saw a preview during the weekend. I was shocked :shock: that Rick was back. After what that jerkoff Hugh did to him last year I figured he was long gone.

Even better is that douchebag Drew is back...well was back. His boss made him spend a day doing nothing while his truck was worked on and he freakin' quit again. :rl: BTW, Rick isn't working for Hugh anymore. Believe it or not but Hugh is actually working for someone on this one.

Even better is that douchebag Drew is back...well was back. His boss made him spend a day doing nothing while his truck was worked on and he freakin' quit again. :rl: BTW, Rick isn't working for Hugh anymore. Believe it or not but Hugh is actually working for someone on this one.

:shock: That SHOCKS me to death. Hugh always had to be the big cheese last year. :-k Hmmm maybe I just might tune in next week.

Archived